Leaked X-Men Origins: Wolverine Trailer *Spoilers*

LL!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.

I thought the movie was good. Not being a fanatic of the comics and not being upset of how things were "suppsoed" to be probably helped, though. I enjoyed it for what it was. Deadpool, both at the beginning and end, were good. Cant wait for a possible Deadpool movie now.

The backstory to Wolverine was sufficient for a part one. Gambit I dont think was that badly acted. The guy really didnt have many scenes, but I didnt hate the guy. Gambit was always a favorite character of mine as a kid based on some of the games, so it was nice to finally see him in a movie.

I thought Taylor Kitsch did really well as Gambit, but then I like him as Tim in Friday Night Lights. Gambit deserved more of a role though, they'd have been better off not including him at all. Hopefully there's either a new X-Men film or perhaps the Deadpool one, I dunno, some Marvel vehicle to make more use of him in the future.

The Deadpool thing is disappointing, but I would hope that in his own film, he's back to the comic book character and that this Origins version is just an aberration. The video interview with Ryan Reynolds seems promising, seems he was doing everything he could to hold back from saying that they raped the character and that he wants him back to normal for the proper film.

Just watched it a second time and if they do go the Deadpool movie route then I think a "full rejection of powers" story would work just fine. It seemed they put a lot of emphasis on the fact that the body could reject the stuff they put in.

They mention it once when putting in the adamantium, again when Sabertooth wants to have the adamantium and then how they talk about Deadpool not being fully ready to be released.