Leaked X-Men Origins: Wolverine Trailer *Spoilers*

LL!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to ask. To anyone who has seen it:

How do they treat Deadpool? Does he actually get some respect? Is his personality changed? The Weapon XI thing probably is true, but tell me... How does he end? Me watching this movie may depend on your answer :P

Then wait a month. As ROC said, the leak is a WORKPRINT. This means unfinished, without SFX, final music cues, all the scenes etc. In the case of this leak, there is apparently almost 15 minutes missing. Judging a film based on a leaked workprint is like reviewing a film you walked out of halfway.

Then wait a month. As ROC said, the leak is a WORKPRINT. This means unfinished, without SFX, final music cues, all the scenes etc. In the case of this leak, there is apparently almost 15 minutes missing. Judging a film based on a leaked workprint is like reviewing a film you walked out of halfway.

These people aren't complaining about the SFX or anything.. they're complaining about the plot. Specifically, without spoilers, the way Deadpool's handled as well as the relationships between a number of the main characters.

Edited by Cloudy Ant

But the problem is that they don't know what's in those 15 minutes that were shot last year. I'm not saying this movie is a surefire success when it's done, but I can also say that it's not being fair to the people who wrote, directed, starred in or in any way helped to make the film to evaluate what is not a finished product. Take the wrong 15 minutes out of any movie and you can ruin it.

I'd also like to chirp in and say that at the end of the day, Wolverine is clearly an action movie, as much as I'm sure everyone would like it to be, I doubt it's going to be anything ground breaking. An Action movie without any special effects, musical score, missing footage isn't going to be much of a movie.

I also don't know where this whole idea that half the internet has that all comic based films have to be close too or on the same level as The Dark Knight. I'm sure no one here is expecting it to be half as good, but it's an unfair comparison to anyone that does. I mean does anyone remember the other X-Men films? They were good, but nothing special. I guess I can't judge it until I see the film, but I'm sure if you're expecting just a good action flick with lots of X-Men goodness, then you'll get a lot more out of the film than someone who's expecting it to be some perfect tribute to the comics.

I'm still not sure what I'm trying to say with this sentence, but I can't think of how to word it any better. :x

I mean does anyone remember the other X-Men films? They were good, but nothing special.

X-Men 1 was decent, I still haven't seen X3, but X2 was absolutely phenomenal. I'd put X2 in my top five comic films of all-time, easily:

1. Dark Knight

2. Batman Begins

3. Spider-Man

4. Spider-Man 2

5. X2: X-Men United

Edited by Zero

Ryan Reynolds was only originally in the film for about 5 minutes, but after getting such a positive response regarding him at test-screenings, they went back and filmed a shitload more. So that 15 minutes that's missing is likely to be mostly Wade Wilson stuff.

Everyone needs to chill the fuck out and just wait a month. What you see at the theatre is guaranteed to be better than what you saw on the workprint, just by the very nature of what you've stolen. It's a bloody workprint, that you know is missing 15+ minutes AND special effects in a lot of places.

It's an old version of the film. Relax.

I mean does anyone remember the other X-Men films? They were good, but nothing special.

X-Men 1 was decent, I still haven't seen X3, but X2 was absolutely phenomenal. I'd put X2 in my top five comic films of all-time, easily:

1. Dark Knight

2. Batman Begins

3. Spider-Man

4. Spider-Man 2

5. X2: X-Men United

No Sin City or Iron Man love? :(

I still think that I'll easily enjoy this film, it's got potential to be a fantastic action flick. And seeing as I've read enough of the comics to have a few favourite characters, but not so much that I'll be irritated by any changes, I look forward to it.

Plus Gambit. :wub:

I was reading a news article about the leak today, and one of the people they interviewed made a good point: the people that downloaded the movie are most likely people that were never going to pay for it in the first place or the very people that will have their asses in the seats at least once to see it in theaters, if not multiple times.

If a fucking work print is the deciding factor for anyone, then wow. Regardless of how plot stuff is handled...I mean...honestly. Look at the trailer. It's pretty obvious what kind of plot this movie is going to have.

I mean, shit, why not just read the Wikipedia page and write your review from there?

That said, I don't have any interest in the work print. I have limited interest in the movie, but I will go see it on a big screen, as intended. Hell, if I COULDN'T see it in theaters, I probably wouldn't EVER watch this movie.

Also, I'll jump out and say that anyone that downloaded the movie and is hating on the movie is obviously Internet savvy enough to have known for a while that Deadpool is getting all sorts of properly fucked by the movie. This shouldn't exactly be a surprise.

It's not a WEIRD angle to take with Deadpool, I don't see the issue.

I think the issue is, despite all the fanboy-ism and exaggerated crying, that Deadpool isn't just a secondary character. It's not like the Juggernaut, where you can change things and have tiny reprocussions. Deadpool, especially with a legit star like Reynolds attached, is a potential franchise in himself.

If they made a Deadpool film, faithful to the comics, starring Ryan Reynolds... it would be a financial success. Anyone who has any doubt about that at all doesn't just doesn't comprehend the popularity of any of the things or people involved in that kind of a project.

This is a pretty massive thing to change about the Deadpool character, so I'm a little bit miffed, but I'll reserve final judgment for when I see the actual film and hear official news about where they're headed with Reynolds in the future.

What gets a lot of people, is that Fox does these things, knowing that it's going to piss off the hardcore fans...but also knowing that those same people are going to be sitting in the theatre, or buying the DVD, or whatever. It takes a lot to drive away real fans, because it's not like we have a comic book movie out every month. We take what we can get, sometimes we love it, and sometimes we complain about it... but they always get our money. I think that's the seed, the heart of the anger.

I have faith in Ryan Reynolds though, and I'm sure that he wouldn't have worked on the film if he didn't like what was going on. It's not like he's starving for work.

The thing that I see about Deadpool is that he's not really integral to Wolverine's past, is he? I mean, couldn't they have made the film without the character? He just seems like the type of character that they put in the film to please the fans, and now they've done a bunch of shit that the fans don't like. It doesn't make any sense.

The thing that I see about Deadpool is that he's not really integral to Wolverine's past, is he? I mean, couldn't they have made the film without the character? He just seems like the type of character that they put in the film to please the fans, and now they've done a bunch of shit that the fans don't like. It doesn't make any sense.

No, Deadpool and Wolverine are pretty closely linked. The guy was a part of the Weapon X program, so although he's not as important as, say, Sabretooth (though to be fair, hardly anyone is as important to his past anyway), he was still right there with the guy during one of the more influential periods of the start of his story, and so he's still an important part to Wolverina's story to some extent-- certainly enough so that, when coupled with his fandom, it warranted him getting put into the origins film.

Edited by The Mask of Norro