blink-182

Benji

Those of us with taste and a lack of elitism love blink-182, so I decided we needed a thread to celebrate their awesomeness. As of this moment I'm listening to "Easy Target", which, along with "Asthenia" was my favourite track off their final album, and both of them make me desparately sad that they aren't together anymore more than any other song except anything off "The Mark, Tom and Travis Show" :(

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really liked blink-182 at the time and I still look back on them fondly, though I'm not too bothered that they split up. Given the choice, I'd obviously want them to keep making music obviously. My favourite album was "Enema Of The State" and favourite songs were "Dystentery Gary", "Asthenia", "Apple Shampoo" and "Go".

While I liked blink-182, I never got into any of the members' follow up bands apart from Boxcar Racer. I strongly dislike Plus 44 and even though I didn't mind Angels and Airwaves first album, they have quickly headed the same way as Plus 44.

People make it seem like elitist's just sit around discussing left-wing indie songs and their contempary use of a glockenspiel. Didn't really see any need to bring up the whole; "those of us with taste and that lack elitism" comment. Unless it was a joke I guess, in which case I apologise, I had no idea.

I love blink-182. But i'm elitist. OH NOES.

ugh.

I say that as probably the biggest Blink 182 fan on the board. They are my favorite band I know all the words to majority of their songs. I am not an "AVA" fan, but I am a (+44) fan. My favorite song by them is "Give Me One Good Reason", but "Rock Show" is like the theme to my life.

Edited by Gene Kiniski

People make it seem like elitist's just sit around discussing left-wing indie songs and their contempary use of a glockenspiel. Didn't really see any need to bring up the whole; "those of us with taste and that lack elitism" comment. Unless it was a joke I guess, in which case I apologise, I had no idea.

(Y)

Everyone's musically elitist anyway, bunch of wankers :shifty:

Those of us with taste and a lack of elitism love blink-182, so I decided we needed a thread to celebrate their awesomeness. As of this moment I'm listening to "Easy Target", which, along with "Asthenia" was my favourite track off their final album, and both of them make me desparately sad that they aren't together anymore more than any other song except anything off "The Mark, Tom and Travis Show" :(

ugh.

What the fuck was that about? OMG!`!1! L00K @ AC3 HE TEH KOOLZ DAWGZ!111!!!!

What in the FUCK does loving/liking Blink 182 have to do with being an elitist? Please, if you can tell me then I will happily apologize for calling you a cunt - cunt.

I say that as probably the biggest Blink 182 fan on the board. They are my favorite band I know all the words to majority of their songs. I am not an "AVA" fan, but I am a (+44) fan. My favorite song by them is "Give Me One Good Reason", but "Rock Show" is like the theme to my life.

I was referring to that.

Benji said that people who lack elitism love blink-182.

I love blink-182 and am, fair to say, pretty elitist when it comes to music.

And oh yeah, I was having a joke.

So..yeah..shut up.

Awesome. "Enema Of The State" is one of my favourite albums ever.

Best tunes;

Waggy

Dumpweed

Online Songs

Sometimes

Going Away To College

Touchdown Boy

Dysentary Gary

Adam's Song

All Of This

Carousel

Also, Four Year Strong's cover of "Dumpweed" is epic. "I need a girl THAT I CAN TRAIN!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rOfPxkJW6s

Edited by YI

ugh.

What in the FUCK does loving/liking Blink 182 have to do with being an elitist? Please, if you can tell me then I will happily apologize for calling you a cunt - cunt.

I was referring to that.

So..yeah..shut up.

Enjoy music the music, fuck the stereotyping bullshit.

Edited by Gene Kiniski

ugh.

I was referring to that.

So..yeah..shut up.

Go blow it Ace, first you make a comment against elitist, then refer to me as being elitist, then you call yourself an elitist. Make up your mind. If you like a band then you like a band, if you are going as far calling yourself an elitist then you deserved my little comment.

Enjoy music the music, fuck the stereotyping bullshit.

...you clearly have no fucking idea what he's on about. Read over it again.

Benji made a joke about 'elitist' people not liking Blink 182.

Ace responded with a joke of his own about he's elitist, but likes Blink 182.

...you come in here and act like a massive cockend, and have totally missed the point of his posts...fuck off mate

Edited by YI

Why can't they just patch things up already. I love Blink-182 and miss them so so much it hurts. :(

Because Tom Delonge's gotta think that Angels and Airwaves is something more than a crappy U2 knockoff with diminishing returns and Mark doesn't seem to want to make the +44 record too much.

Why can't they just patch things up already. I love Blink-182 and miss them so so much it hurts. :(

Because Tom Delonge's gotta think that Angels and Airwaves is something more than a crappy U2 knockoff with diminishing returns and Mark doesn't seem to want to make the +44 record too much.

Tom DeLonge is easily one my least favorite musicians. While, like I said, Blink 182 is my favorite band, his attitude towards Angels and Airwaves and Blink 182 is complete shit. If anyone is an elitist cunt (sorry, Ace, I apologize) then it is Tom DeLonge. He can diss Blink 182, Mark, and Travis during interviews, but at AVA shows he performs and tries to adapt Blink songs to AVA songs. It doesn't work.

Edited by Gene Kiniski