NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's less complex than i was expecting :)

It's slightly more complex, since it derives primarily from even strength play, but he basic gist of it is as presented above.

How long after I pick this up does everybody stop playing it like you did every other game I've bought for that purpose <_< Saints Row, Castle Crashers, a separate XBL subscription when I wasn't planning on renewing....gah.

They were good games and all, and in the end I'm glad I got them, but still. Every damn time I go "aha, I can play with the EWB lads if I pick this up" it's at that precise moment that everyone decides to play something else. Is it because I don't buy games at release? Is it because I don't talk on the mic? :crying:

How long after I pick this up does everybody stop playing it like you did every other game I've bought for that purpose <_< Saints Row, Castle Crashers, a separate XBL subscription when I wasn't planning on renewing....gah.

They were good games and all, and in the end I'm glad I got them, but still. Every damn time I go "aha, I can play with the EWB lads if I pick this up" it's at that precise moment that everyone decides to play something else. Is it because I don't buy games at release? Is it because I don't talk on the mic? :crying:

Season hasn't even started yet, I won't be tired of this for quite some time. Get it, and join our team, we need 15 members for achievement!

Season hasn't even started yet, I won't be tired of this for quite some time. Get it, and join our team, we need 15 members for achievement!

And, to be fair, Castle Crashers never really started. <_<

I kinda wonder when I hear the stats some of you put up in Be a Pro....mostly I wonder how.

I'm terrible at goal scoring...everytime I do score it's mostly luck (although I did have one awesome goal when I first started).

Part of this may be attributed to the fact that I played the longest as a defenseman and second longest as a goalie.

Speaking of goalie...it's damn tough. I feel that I might finally be getting the hang of it after all the practice I've been putting in though.

The last game I played as a goalie was on All-Star difficulty, and I faced 19 shots and allowed 1 goal (5 minute periods).

I actually earned the first star in that game.

And I've gotten better on defense than I was...when I first started I was letting in goals left and right, but now I usually do a good job of being where I'm supposed to be and stopping people.

I still can't score though. I have a "dangler" right wing but not only do I usually fail to outdeke (using the 1 on 1 deke) defensive players, but my shots rarely go where I want them, and the goalie is rarely faked out.

*raises hand* Although i'm not sure if it's only Toe that can invite me.

On a sidenote. This game is awesome. Just scored 4 in one game, in a 7-0 win over Rochester. It's come out of nowhere too since most of the games so far have been fairly tight, most of which we've lost.

Edit - Spoke too soon. Make that 5 in an 8-1 win :)

Edited by Whisper in the Wind