Official La Liga Thread

Baddar

• 5 months later...
What an overreaction from the guy who went down. That second kick got more of the guys shirt than his back. There's no need to hold your face crying after that.

Ultimately for him to kick his shirt that far back, there's a good chance he DID catch the guys back.

Lets all remember that you don't notice the studs from the top down view, but in my eyes he got caught. It doesn't matter how lightly it was, when he's kicking that hard it hurts even worse to just catch a bodypart.

EDIT: Plus, the guy clearly falls over, Pepe is going crazy because he knows that he's going to get sent off for not touching him... so kicks him...

EDIT2: ...and stands on him whilst he walks over to him... and punches a Getafe player <_<

Edited by The General

Yeah I think my hate of the Getafe player comes more from the fact that he fell down after being poked rather than the stuff Pepe does after. There's no doubt Pepe was completely out of order kicking his legs first and then going for another swipe and then going after anothef Getafe player as well.

The link I saw of it showed a completely different perspective

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am7DOKyItIw...feature=related

If you look there, it's a combination of the Getafe player getting brushed by momentum, and slipping... not as obvious a dive as I first thought. Pepe is pissed that he'll probably get sent off for that pissy little push so hacks him to pieces.

Not sure how he managed to hurt his head in all that mind.

But I do think a lot of people call on a dive too often, I know the player wanted a penalty because he was looking at the referee in mid air just about, but at the same time it doesn't take much to send you flying when running at a full sprint so I can understand why players sometimes go down. I think referees need to realise more often that when a player goes down it's not always a foul and it's not always a dive. There's that bit in the middle where, they've gone down because they've lost balance running at full speed. It's not always either or.

I was scouring SkyBet for a "Will be 4 or more goals in the game" bet, but all I could find was one team to score more than 4 or there to be exactly 4, 5, or 6+ games.

If I could have stuck £1 on the game to have more than 4 goals I would have, just couldn't find the relative bet. And here we are, 2-1 after 20 minutes.

Exhibition stuff from Barcelona really. No ones put a foot wrong for Barcelona whereas Real's players have been largely missing. It reeks of Liverpool's 5-1 win over Newcastle, Casillas has actually made some great saves so to have conceded 6 is testament to how good Barcelona have been tonight.

But then again if you've watched the match the commentators will have told you how good Barca have been about 150 times, so no need for me to say anymore. Gutted Iniesta hasn't scored, in my eyes their most influential player this year - the key to their incredible play.

EDIT: Oh yeah and while I'm here. Heinze is absolutely fucking appalling, possibly one of the worst players in the world ever.

Edited by IAceI