Official La Liga Thread

Baddar

• 1 month later...

Has the Real/Barca match been any good so far? Is it worth watching?

Yes. The atmosphere at Camp Nou is absolutely amazing, and it was entertaining throughout the first fourty-five minutes.

Edited by Shelty92

Meh. The second half kinda sucked compared to the first.

I was hoping that - being a huge admirer of Raul and Iker Casillas - Real would win, but it was pretty obvious that Barca would take the three points with them at the Camp Nou. Cristiano Ronaldo certainly should've scored in the first half from that fantastic chance created by Kaká, but he wasn't on top of his game tonight... didn't come as a surprise, though, as he's just come back after a two month lay-off due to an injury.

Messi was a disappointment, also, and even though I didn't really want him to score, I can't say no to beautiful football - and that's exactly what he's known for.

The Real defensive line was better than I expected, until that total collapse which resulted in Zlatan Ibrahimovich's winner. Barca's back four gave up more chances than they should have, but they have Puyol to thank for making loads of last-gasp saves before Higuain, Ronaldo, Kaká, Benzema and co. could put the ball in the back of the net.

The match was entertaining as hell before Zlatan's goal, but you could see it broke the hearts of the Los Blancos. The passing didn't work at all after that, and most of the guys in defence and in the midfield started making more desperate and frustrated challenges, which resulted in multiple yellow cards and the sending off of Lassana Diarra. Oh, I almost forgot that Barca's Sergio Busquets got sent off. You know why? 'Cause it made no difference at all. Real Madrid couldn't capitalize. It's pathetic.

All in all it was a fine match, a decent El Clásico. Would have certainly been better in my books had it not been hyped up - as always - as the biggest match ever, but it's hard to deliver with expectations like that. Let's hope it comes off as a tad bit better when these two meet at the Bernabeu next year.

Ibra XD

Barca is absolutely crazy tonight and so it should be! Wish I had like the €100 needed just to sit in the nose bleed section tonight but alas I didn't! Atmosphere was cracking in Camp Nou tonight and the atmosphere around Barca has been azmaing all weekend ahead of the match, it was like Xmas Eve all weekend and now we got a big present! Fireworks going off everywhere tonight! Gonna go brush off the Catalan and sing away with the BCN song in a club all night!

Watched the second half in the end. Don't agree with Messi being a disappointment (in the second half at least. No idea what he was like in the first). Considering he's just come back from a little injury of his own, some of his dribbling was brilliant especially when he's surrounded by three players and can still skip right past all of them. He really should have finished that chance off at the end though.

Ibrahimovic's finish was beautiful.

• 4 months later...

Last year I thought Anders Iniesta was the more focal of the two midfielders, Yaya Toure done his job as the anchorman with Xavi and Iniesta the playmakers from the centre of the park.

Personally, I thought Iniesta had a better season but he hasn't been up to much this season. Or at least his usual standards. Meanwhile Xavi has upped his game even further and is quite frankly the best midfielder in the game at the minute in my opinion. I find it hard to class either Messi or Ronaldo as midfielders, at least in the conventional sense. So I'd go with Xavi.

Still, to ever say he wasn't a top player in the world is ridiculous and doesn't do the Daily Mail any favours for their already pretty awful newspaper. Now they just look like idiots because websites such as football365.com love to take any opportunity to bring things like this up.

EDIT:

God bless Javi Martinez. That's like Lee Cattermole pulling this out the bag. Messi eat your heart out.

Edited by IAceI

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...