All Hope Is Gone

Guest Ant

I do not know if there are many Slipknot fans here but there new album is fantastic. Heaviest they have ever done but also the most melodic and they experiment a lot with surprising results. There is something for everyone on the album.

Heavy, death thrash stuff you have Gematria, power chord, fast past song you have This Cold Block. Rock "ballad" you have Dead Memories and Snuff

Just an all round perfect album and there best work. Sound like a Slipknot representative but it really is a great album.

I didn't like Volume 3, compared so many of their other albums. Sure, it had a few good songs; like Duality and Pulse Of The Maggots but that is sort of it for me, with Volume 3. I much better liked their tougher, heavier and ultimately awesome style of Iowa and previous albums.

I'm with SRN on that. I'm not a Slipknot fan by any means, but at least I could appreciate what they were doing with Iowa - death metal watered down through a nu-metal filter, and with a bloody good metal drummer on board to make it bareable - but Volume 3 was dull as ditchwater, a kind of "please all the people" affair which just did nothing at all for me.

It's not that good.

I mean, there are a few songs on the album that I like but for the most part, I was severely disappointed by it.

Though I did find that the best songs aren't even on the regular version so clearly they should've went with those instead of some of the ones in the middle of the album that just sound like filler.

I'm dissapointed with this album personally, I didn't think rushing into a new Slipknot album was a good idea in the first place and it hasn't worked. Corey and Jim should have done the third StoneSour album instead like they originally wanted to. Meh, it's a bit shit and features far too much filler.