Game Glitches

Ruki

I figure, hey! Let's start a game glitch thread! Right now, playing Fallout 2, and I ran into a glitch. I had sexual relations with Bishops wife, and now, my two NPC's (Vic and Sulik) are missing, can't be found. I read somewhere that if you slept with her again, you can get them back, but no luck. Any help with that?

Also, in Saints Row, I was doing the drug deals, and I glitched out near the end of a level 7 or 8, pissed me off so much :(

Driv3r and it's cops falling out of the sky.

Also, on GTA3 before I got to the last island and did all of the main missions, just needed to do the phonebox mission to get in with the red gang, where you have to drive-by the purples. Except, there were never any purples. They didn't exist whether in the mission or free roam. That was an annoying glitch to say the least.

I figure, hey! Let's start a game glitch thread! Right now, playing Fallout 2, and I ran into a glitch. I had sexual relations with Bishops wife, and now, my two NPC's (Vic and Sulik) are missing, can't be found. I read somewhere that if you slept with her again, you can get them back, but no luck. Any help with that?

Also, in Saints Row, I was doing the drug deals, and I glitched out near the end of a level 7 or 8, pissed me off so much :(

In the European version (it may be Fallout 1, I forget), to get the car you need to get a part for Smitty, and to get the part you swap it for a bear with a child, only the child isn't there anymore (censorship rules), so basically it's impossible to get the super good ending :(

There were some very specific places in the old Mega Drive Sonic games when, if you were unlucky with your spin-dash, you would go 'through' the scenery and become lodged inside a piece of wall; wherein you had the ability to move maybe half an inch from left to right, but nowhere else.

And, of course, given the nature of old Sonic games, the only possible reaction was "Balls", and hitting the Reset button. :shifty:

There was certainly one in Chemical Plant Zone (Act 2), Metropolis Zone (Act 2/3?) and Launch Base Zone (Act 1), from what I remember off-hand.

This isn't so much a glitch, but to this day it still pisses me off.

I had all but beaten Chrono Trigger. I only had the final boss to beat, but figured I ought to level up before doing so. My game froze and I lost my save. I couldn't be arsed to play another seventy hours. :(

Glitches to replicate tables and ladders and the like in the Smackdown games were always fun, though.

I say the most kick-your-ass-makes-you-scream-FUCK glitch in a videogame is the 2 player glitch in Battletoads, where you can't beat the last level with 2 players because it won't let one move. 2 players is the most realistically easy awy to beat Battletoads, and that glitch is just maddening!

Also, on GTA3 before I got to the last island and did all of the main missions, just needed to do the phonebox mission to get in with the red gang, where you have to drive-by the purples. Except, there were never any purples. They didn't exist whether in the mission or free roam. That was an annoying glitch to say the least.

I never got this, and I can't remember what the circumstances that caused it to happen were. But I remember people going ape shit over it back in the day.

Not a glitch, but also in GTA3; at one point you were doing missions for two people at once (Person A and Person B), one of the missions for person A involved killing person B, obviously if you killed B before you completed all of his missions, you could never get 100%. This caused a lot of people to become frustrated as well.

I rather enjoyed the glitches from Final Fantasy III/VI on the SNES.

Getting a glitch to gain roughly 200 Excaliburs, Economizers, and other goodies in the WoB made things SUBSTANTIALLY easier, my only regret is that I used it the first time I played the game, thus it kind of ruined it for me.

Fallout 2 takes the cake for me as well as far as insane glitches goes, that buggery pile of bugs that it was when it was initially released. When traveling from Reno to San Fransisco, my character suddenly stopped in the middle of the desert and the game complained that I was carrying too much stuff. Alright, I figured that radiation had worn my strength down... But no. No no no no.

The game decided to spawn a FRIDGE in my inventory that weighted about 18 MILLION POUNDS or something ridiculous like that. I couldn't drop it, equip it or do anything to it, it just sat there and prevented me from taking another step. That was an amusing way of losing a character I guess.