360 Wireless Adapter

Marsh

Has anyone got a 360 Wireless Adapter that they no longer need and want to sell on? I don't want to pay much, so I am relying on a random act of kindness from someone with a Wireless Adapter that's lying around collecting dust. If you fit the bill, let me know how much you want for it. I'm not expecting to have it for nothing, but I think the retail price of Wireless Adapters are fucking extortionate and not worth it.

For those that can't help, where did you get yours from and how much did it cost? If I have to buy a brand new one, advice on where is cheapest would be appreciated.

I was in this situation ages ago but I sold mine to AllDawson (presumably and Dragsy) for twenty quid. The street price is ridiculous, and I'd refuse paying for it if I didn't actually need it.

I haven't seen one going for les than £60 so you might need to try trading a few games in if you want to get it cheaper.

If I may, if you have a laptop or desktop with wireless internet and your 360 nearby, you don't need a wireless adapter. You just need to hook an ethernet cable up to the ethernet port in your 360 and your computer and you'll be able to use the internet on your 360 that way. If it's not all close, get a longer chord I guess.

I'm not 100% on desktops, but I know you can do it with laptops. It's what I'm doing and it's fucking wonderful.

If I may, if you have a laptop or desktop with wireless internet and your 360 nearby, you don't need a wireless adapter. You just need to hook an ethernet cable up to the ethernet port in your 360 and your computer and you'll be able to use the internet on your 360 that way. If it's not all close, get a longer chord I guess.

I'm not 100% on desktops, but I know you can do it with laptops. It's what I'm doing and it's fucking wonderful.

I do it with my PC and it's all fine and dandy. Though it does leave me open to this whole Moderate NAT business though.

I was in this situation ages ago but I sold mine to AllDawson (presumably and Dragsy) for twenty quid. The street price is ridiculous, and I'd refuse paying for it if I didn't actually need it.

I haven't seen one going for les than £60 so you might need to try trading a few games in if you want to get it cheaper.

Nuh, Ad has his own console and TV, I have to make do with a 10 metre ethernet cable that trails across the landing. But I'm not paying the regular price for a specific adaptor just because Microsoft wants me to. You can get bog-standard USB wireless cards for like £20, charging £60 is inexcusable.

When we get them traded in, we sell them preowned for £54.99, not much cheaper :/

You can do it on desktops too, it's no different. It can be slower than a direct connection though, and can be more prone to dropping, although it all depends on the speed of your broadband. Speed will get raped if the computer, or other computers on the network are using bandwidth.

Tried to use a laptop, but couldn't get it working.

Had problems with the laptop losing the Internet connection when the ethernet cable was plugged in, connecting the laptop to the 360. This was very puzzling.

Even when it wasn't being tempermental like this, I couldn't get beyond the problem of the 360 spitting out an error message when it reaches the IP Address stage of its tests.

Used these instructions: http://www.instructables.com/id/Use-your-l...-wireless-adap/

Gamestation are actually doing a bundle at the moment, free wireless adaptor if you're buying an Elite (may count or a Premium too, I can't remember, it's not like I work there or anything >_>). Which isn't much good to most of us, but anyone thinking about getting a 360 might like to know.