FIFA 09

alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First video upload as I'm particularly proud of this goal.

Clearly, Emnes = Ronaldinho

Van Basten 1988!

I wanted to upload my first goal today but it took forever to actually get to 5% and I wanted to play on. Dunno if it's common, but the opponent's goalkeeper was about to shoot the ball out of his hands but the striker of my team (was in be a pro) passed by the keeper, took the ball away with his heel and he scored. Bit like I think Henry once did for Arsenal.

I don't know about that but I have had the CPU goalkeeper kick the ball out only for it to hit one of my players straight in the face a couple of times. Unfortunately I've never had one go in the goal like that though >_>

Van Basten 1988!

I wanted to upload my first goal today but it took forever to actually get to 5% and I wanted to play on. Dunno if it's common, but the opponent's goalkeeper was about to shoot the ball out of his hands but the striker of my team (was in be a pro) passed by the keeper, took the ball away with his heel and he scored. Bit like I think Henry once did for Arsenal.

Solskjaer did that for United against Portsmouth but he got a booking instead of a goal.

Now that's a tremendous goal, nice one. Was it an intended shot or a cross gone wrong?

It was intended... to be a cross. :P

My first thought was that I was gonna be flagged offside so I was doubly amazed to both get away with that and get the goal. Looking at the video it still looks incredibly tight.

Still chuffed with it.

Also, I wasn't entirely sure what I was doing but I think using the key scene thingy I chopped my replay down, or does it just upload from the point you have the replay paused at? Just thought that might be where Quasi is going wrong and thus taking ages to upload.

You can chop it down by pressing up on the d-pad (360) at the points you want it to start and stop. Then press down on the end of any excess you've got from placing the initial keyframe. Obviously making the replay play in the slower playback version will take up more space and take longer to upload, that could also be it.

Finally got to play it today. Won 2-0 with R. Madrid (against Barcelona) and had a 0-0 tie with America (against Boca Juniors). Glad to see you can complete passes without the CPU always stealing the ball.

I found you could do that on 08, but the uber slow gameplay just spoiled things. I'm sure 06/07 were the games that wouldn't let you complete more than one pass in your midfield without an interception.

You might be right. I did find it odd that using the adidas live or whatever it's called, I was able to beat a much better team than mine on paper (Barcelona) but struggled against Boca Juniors (then again, I forgot to see if they were better than America.

That'll be the minnow logic thing. If playing as a big team it can be difficult to break down a smaller side because of their tactics but once you do break them down the floodgates usually open up. They added it into UEFA Euro 2008 to make the qualifying stages more interesting and it seems to have carried over into FIFA.

I started the third season in my Manager Mode recently and after a terrific year last time (won EPL, FA & League Cup, Champions League and Community Shield) have started off a bit slow, lost 3-2 to Chelsea in the Community Shield, won a couple of EPL games but then lost 2-0 to Fulham and had to score a last minute equaliser to get a point against Sheffield United. Damn David Villa and Wesley Sneijder not producing the goods >_>

First FIFA I've played since 06, I like it a lot. Chose it over PES because I figured I'd prefer PES and could just swap the games before 10 days is up. But I may end up getting PES as well at a later date.

Gna have to have a go at Be a Pro soon, looks cool. Camera is hard to get into though, but should be worth it.

First FIFA I've played since 06, I like it a lot. Chose it over PES because I figured I'd prefer PES and could just swap the games before 10 days is up. But I may end up getting PES as well at a later date.

Gna have to have a go at Be a Pro soon, looks cool. Camera is hard to get into though, but should be worth it.

As said in the PES thread, just change it to the normal view. It's waaaaay easier.

I've never even tried Be A Pro on any of the other camera angles, I think the purpose made camera for it is quite good.

I'm only saying to try one of the other ones, because when I used it online, it sucked arse. Mainly down to some slight lag I think, but it still annoyed me.

Torres Rainbow Flick GOOOOOOOOALLLLLL

as the title says

The thing i hate with Be a Pro is i get quite bored after a while and start to skip games so i can never like progress after Captain lol with Liverpool got to Captain first season left for Inter and they decided hey lets play him on the wing which kinda sucked but still had a good season than thought lets go some utter crap team and be captain straight away and try to get to Legendary. At Elfsborg in Sweden lol

Seems i've made the right choice in getting this over Pro Evo according to my mate who got it and had a few games of it

Do other people that play with you also get better during Be a Pro, 'cause that would make sense. See I do Be a Pro with a mate of mine usually, so then he's like the player we chose and then I can be whatever player I want. I've been playing amazing with one guy who's in reserves, so he should get a chance for first team too but he doesn't....they should somehow make it more realistic that way.

I just had the weirdest thing happen in a Be a Pro game

Ballack fouled a player but since they had the ball of course the game played advantage so it continued as normal then Ballack fouled someone again this time giving a free kick it then showed the animation for him receiving the 2nd yellow and a red but he still on the park and hasnt got one caution against him

Okay, if anyone can make sense of this/help, I owe them.

I registered on the eafootballworld website last night. Now, I didn't know that you were meant to use your PSN stuff, and now that I've uploaded a goal video from my PS3, it created a second account called TheStig93 (my PSN name) on the website, and I've no way of accessing it.

Anyone got an idea of how I can? Because I'm stumped...

And here's the video for anyone who may be curious. Dimitar Chipatov scores his second in the game for Wisla Krakow against Polonia Bytom.

Edited by The King Of Awesomeness

Okay, if anyone can make sense of this/help, I owe them.

I registered on the eafootballworld website last night. Now, I didn't know that you were meant to use your PSN stuff, and now that I've uploaded a goal video from my PS3, it created a second account called TheStig93 (my PSN name) on the website, and I've no way of accessing it.

Anyone got an idea of how I can? Because I'm stumped...

And here's the video for anyone who may be curious. Dimitar Chipatov scores his second in the game for Wisla Krakow against Polonia Bytom.

The account it created will be with the e-mail addy that you use for PSN. If you click forgot password before logging in and put that e-mail address down, it should give you your PSN password back, and you should be able to log in that way.

I didn't sign-up as such with EA, but it auto did it when I updated squads before. When it said my e-mail was already registered, I was a bit o_O - Then realised it just used my PSN info. So yeah, try that. (Y)