FIFA 09

alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone noticed a leniency in the refereeing when playing in Manager Mode, compared to a normal Exhibition match? I know I don't fly in with too many mis-timed sliding tackles after getting used to it, but it seems even when challenges that you sometimes fear could even result in a red get you nothing.

I personally like it that way anyway. Makes up for the past few years where you only had to sneeze on a player to get booked/sent off.

Has anyone noticed a leniency in the refereeing when playing in Manager Mode, compared to a normal Exhibition match? I know I don't fly in with too many mis-timed sliding tackles after getting used to it, but it seems even when challenges that you sometimes fear could even result in a red get you nothing.

I personally like it that way anyway. Makes up for the past few years where you only had to sneeze on a player to get booked/sent off.

If anything, its the opposite for me. Im into December in my first season, and everyone in my first 11 has been booked at least once, along with several of the subs/reserves.

EDIT: Hell, I had Aurelio given a straight red for somehow kneeing an opposition player in the crotch when I didnt even press any buttons, the guy he fouled didnt even have the ball. >_<

Edited by 1PWCorino

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but anyone else noticed a certain chubby brazillian missing from the game?

This might just be the 360 version, perhaps even just my version, but i'm gutted about it, figured he might join Wolves if the price was right :(

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but anyone else noticed a certain chubby brazillian missing from the game?

This might just be the 360 version, perhaps even just my version, but i'm gutted about it, figured he might join Wolves if the price was right :(

He's at Milan.

And on the cover.

And on the main screen when you load up the game.

Oh, you didn't mean Ronaldinho... :shifty:

He's at Milan.

And on the cover.

And on the main screen when you load up the game.

Oh, you didn't mean Ronaldinho... :shifty:

That's meant to be Ronaldinho on the main screen? I don't really see much resemblence.

And hehe, nope, i meant Ronaldo, and now i'm looking at it... i don't see any free agents whatsoever :huh:

Also another thing, do you guys have to get really close to the tv to see the names on the team selection screen? Small text or what (N)

If anything, its the opposite for me. Im into December in my first season, and everyone in my first 11 has been booked at least once, along with several of the subs/reserves.

EDIT: Hell, I had Aurelio given a straight red for somehow kneeing an opposition player in the crotch when I didnt even press any buttons, the guy he fouled didnt even have the ball. >_<

Possibly on the lenient side for me, but again most of my tackles are timed well enough and I've learnt to limit the amount of sliding tackles I attempt. I had three red cards this season (2 for Corluka, 1 for Woodgate) and had about five players get three or four yellows with a bunch of others getting one or two. No complaints about any of them really, some decent refereeing (not very realistic, then? >_>)

Also another thing, do you guys have to get really close to the tv to see the names on the team selection screen? Small text or what (N)

Buy an HDTV.

I'm up for any games happing on the PS3. PSN: junkd03.

I'm still less than impressed with 09 so far like, it's gonna take a while to win me over but I'm sure I'll get used to it in the end.

Also, it seems gays are still allowed online. I played vs Juve and was 1-0 down for 89 minutes but I stuck it through, in a rematch against the same guy I went 2-0 up at the half hour mark and he quit.

I should get it by the end of the week :shifty:

That's rather a lame total for 50 hours of gameplay though.

I started my second season in manager mode (upping the difficulty to World Class), beat Sunderland, Villa & Man Utd all 1-0, Luka Modric getting all the goals. Robinho, Michael Johnson and Stewart Downing are yet to score for me >_>

Edited by AD

After having took Darlo all the way to the top of the Prem in my 08 Manager Mode I decided I'd start a little higher up the tree this time.

Stayed local though and picked Middlesbrough. So far (playing on WC) I've drawn once, lost once and won twice. The latest was a 2-0 win which saw my new (and only) signing Kalou score on his debut. As mentioned in this thread though, I find it very irritating that he's stuck playing in the No. 2 shirt.

After having took Darlo all the way to the top of the Prem in my 08 Manager Mode I decided I'd start a little higher up the tree this time.

Stayed local though and picked Middlesbrough. So far (playing on WC) I've drawn once, lost once and won twice. The latest was a 2-0 win which saw my new (and only) signing Kalou score on his debut. As mentioned in this thread though, I find it very irritating that he's stuck playing in the No. 2 shirt.

All the best players are number 2! See: Spurs striker Robinho >_>

Started a manager mode with Hull spent most of my cash on Fitness so I don't have to bring in the reserves much. Beat Blackburn 4-1, Stoke 2-1 and Middlesborough 1-0(Windass scored :D) my run of wins is sure to end though with a visit to Old Trafford next. :(

Signed Johann Djorou from Arsenal though I already had two decent CB's but he's cheap and young.

Just beat Man Utd at home comfortably with goals from Tuncay and O'Neill. (Kalou is injured *grumble*).

I'm making much more use of the right analogue stick for bursts of speed now, especially lethal with fast wingers on the counter attack and for cutting inside.

Had any mistimed tackles yet? Some of the animations are horrendous, it's like bad rag-doll physics.