FIFA 09

alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Downloading the PS3 demo now.

I wasn't gonna bother with 09 cause when you buy year after year there's never a whole lot of difference. However I'm excited for the trophies aspect and I play online a lot so looking forward to the switch.

I just hope they're ironed out some of the basic mistakes they made in the last one rather than concentrating, as they usually do, on adding new unecessary features.

• 3 weeks later...

FIFA 09 Clubs - Create your own club or simply join an existing club and compete in an organised league when playing 10 v 10 Online Team Play. FIFA 09 Clubs will determine the best virtual team in the world with up-to 50 players able to join a club. Club Managers select the team and can recruit players for their squad. Compete with friends across 15 divisions to be the best club in the world.

Now we all remember Be a Pro from last year but it seems that you can create a team of 10 players so if anyone is gettin this on the ps3 let me know and we can set up a team

RB---The Cool one---CB---LB

RM---Baddar---CM---LM

------CF----RichieS99------

Edited by Richie S

Now we all remember Be a Pro from last year but it seems that you can create a team of 10 players so if anyone is gettin this on the ps3 let me know and we can set up a team

RB---CB---CB---LB

RM---CM---CM---LM

------CB----RichieS99------

You're going to have a CB up front? >_>

Same for the 360 users out there if anyone's interested in creating a team, though I have a feeling there are far more PS3 players FIFA-wise.

RB---CB---CB---LB

RM---Baddar---CM---LM

------CB----RichieS99------

You're going to have a CB up front? >_>

Same for the 360 users out there if anyone's interested in creating a team, though I have a feeling there are far more PS3 players FIFA-wise.

Bugger my lazy copy pastin nature I am in college and bored off my ass.

Edited by Richie S

Come on... who's really going to be a CB?

You are if ur not careful <_<

Looking at teams on other forums there actually seems to be a few people who want to be CB. Problem is I am sure we will see them playin a CF role all the time. Can see matches against Randomers lookin like this actually at the 2.10 mark.

Edit: I am so fucking bored I forgot the link

Edited by Richie S

Come on... who's really going to be a CB?

I considered this position myself, but went with the thinking that we'll need a ball winner in midfield and, well, I'm a renowned ball winner.

...That and the fact I might be able to grab us a goal from 25 yards if our strikers suck arse.

It's still just a little uncomforting what happens when someone drops out? In team games it usually doesn't matter if a few players drop out because it's still technically possible to win the game, yet with football where there's 11 players on each team what would happen when events happen? Would they drop out of the screen making it 10 on 11? or will the player be replaced with AI (which would be annoying for the other team because they might play as better players)

Plus who's going to make substitutions? Eventually someone's going to get tired from running across the screen to be seen at ALL TIMES and will want to switch to the next player when there's only 6 possible substitutions at max. Will players have to earn it? will you be able to veto subs despite injuries? It'd be annoying if i got taken out of the game in 1" and have to spend the rest of the game watching from the sidelines because no-one wants another competitive striker.

I guess you'll see the whole game as normal, but just hang back in defence (if defending) when your team is on the attack. I doubt you'll have to run back and forth to see everything happening.

And I'm guessing the host would be in charge of subs. This could work well if some bint is not playing as a team, as you could just sub him. But I guess it'd be for an AI player, in that instance.

Also, I think whenever somebody leaves the game, it will continue, but he'll automatically be taken over by the AI. Not too bad, but it could turn out to be annoying.

I suppose you've just brought up a few of the issues that many PES fans are thinking about this 10v10. Of course, on paper it sounds brilliant, but it's not guaranteed to play out that way.

Fifa was good online last year, but it still lagged on occasion. Not as bad as PES by a long stretch, but you still got pauses during the game. That was with 2 human players playing. Something tells me it could get a whole lot worse when there's 20 people playing at once.

It's still just a little uncomforting what happens when someone drops out? In team games it usually doesn't matter if a few players drop out because it's still technically possible to win the game, yet with football where there's 11 players on each team what would happen when events happen? Would they drop out of the screen making it 10 on 11? or will the player be replaced with AI (which would be annoying for the other team because they might play as better players)

Plus who's going to make substitutions? Eventually someone's going to get tired from running across the screen to be seen at ALL TIMES and will want to switch to the next player when there's only 6 possible substitutions at max. Will players have to earn it? will you be able to veto subs despite injuries? It'd be annoying if i got taken out of the game in 1" and have to spend the rest of the game watching from the sidelines because no-one wants another competitive striker.

Ok the answers there are to ur first one if someone quits or drops out they are replaced by AI. the second one the captain makes subs however there is only the ten who were playing so if I subbed say Torres off for Kuyt the person playing as Torres is then goin to play as Kuyt