FIFA 09

alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still having trouble scoring with headers.

Nearly all of em go over the bar. How do you aim exactly? I just thought it was simply a case of shoot + analogue stick in direction you want to put it.

So if a corner comes in from the bottom of the screen, and you want to head it into the far corner of the goal, you'd press shoot and right/up on the analogue. I'm starting to think pressing up is affecting the height rather than the direction, or is it all in the timing?

Yeah, timing plays a big part. Press the button too early and you're likely to head it off target, too late and someone will probably beat you to it.

Most annoyingly is the "two seconds later" action that every single direction/button I press has in terms of being carried out.

That usually happens if you're holding sprint too much.

Edited by AD

Just won the league cup with Charlton! Great achievement the cup run was:

1. Newcastle(Made a long post up there!)

2. Stoke City(Defeated 2-1 with Pavel Brozek my Polish striker scoring two great volleys)

3. Coventry(Needed penalties to beat them after a 1-1 draw, strange considering I trounced them 5-1 in the league the week before).

Now after the Coventry game the January Transfer Window opened and my scout told me to sign a Korean striker named Juan Hwan Prezalda or something similar to that, I needed him as both Todorov and McCleod were injured. Wilson Palacios and a pacy Brazilian winger was also bought in

4. Reading(First leg I am losing 3-0, I send on my Korean lad and he scores two goals, the second leg we finish the job with Pavel Brazek and Mark Hudson scoring )

The final was against West Ham and I let Juan Hwan play, he scored a perfect hat trick(Left Foot,Right Foot,Header) then Matthew Holland scored as well. Carlton Cole and Dean Ashton both got goals but it didn't matter.

Also leading the Championship by 5 points, Out of the FA Cup after losing to Aston Villa.

I just played online against my mate, we're always Arsenal and Spurs. I lost 2-1 at the Emirates, Bentley scoring a fantastic free kick in the 86th minute to set up a tense final few minutes. I'd won a free kick right on the edge of the area, any closer and it would have been a penalty. I pondered just blasting it and hoping but I decided to try and be skilful and lift it over the wall hoping I could get it down just in time (ambitious from so close I know) and it worked to perfection (H)

Then I lost 3-0 at home.

Nearly all of em go over the bar. How do you aim exactly? I just thought it was simply a case of shoot + analogue stick in direction you want to put it.

So if a corner comes in from the bottom of the screen, and you want to head it into the far corner of the goal, you'd press shoot and right/up on the analogue. I'm starting to think pressing up is affecting the height rather than the direction, or is it all in the timing?

I had this problem, I found a bit more joy holding the left trigger while heading. Like with shooting, it increases accuracy at the expense of a bit of power.

Edited by Darloboy

it took some getting used to but I am now "good" enough to play on semi pro and it's pretty realistic. The controls are coming along but there are still some rather annoying traits to the game. It still seems that minus a forward, the entire opposition is quicker and or faster than my team ... also, it takes but a mere thought of a touch to take the ball from me, but it takes a freakin card offense to get it from them (and actually maintain possession afterwards)

The free kicks are still way beyond me ... yeah, I got nothin

I'm now just looking around for a good Championship/League 1 side to take over with my "yankee invasion" :shifty: ..... I'm eyeing Coventry City/Leeds or maybe just continuing what was started at Fulham *cough* .... Reading is also drawing some looks

I had this problem, I found a bit more joy holding the left trigger while heading. Like with shooting, it increases accuracy at the expense of a bit of power.

:wub:

This seems to work a treat. My first corner in this game I headed off the bottom of the post. The second one I nestled in the top corner.

Was on 10 V 10 and had two freekicks with Christano Ronaldo from 37 yards...wasn't expecting anything to happen hit the bar twice and had the keeper beat both times wasn't happy.

Oh for crappy goals look no further than this goal i conceded on Manager Mode not happy with Pepe Reina... Was on Pro difficulty beat Fulham 7-0 with Liverpool and was thinking this isn't that hard...played Arsenal and well lot harder lol unlucky with a few chances

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/2468506

Not happy at all lol

Thought theses goals were worth sharing, both from my manager mode with Man City,

The first, my only ever bicycle kick, which I'm proud of,

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2481034

The second, completely random, involving Myhill launching the ball off his defenders face allowing Robinho to slot it home for a 2-0 lead.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2521269