FIFA 09

alldaws1

Is anybody else getting some randomly amazing results? I was playing as Man City, winning most games 1-0 (on world class), few draws and two losses in about fifteen games. Then from out of no where I slaughtered West Ham 6-0, Sergio Augero got four. I marked. >_<

I beat Chelsea 8-0 with Spurs on the highest difficulty with six minute halves the other day. I think I'm too good :shifty:

Edited by AD

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just scored a sick goal against my mate, ran down the wing with Nani and two of his players came in from directions and I just tricked past both and left them sprawling on the floor before lobbing the keeper. It was like some of those outrageous goals you see on the sports movies :P

Ok, here's a question for ya. I own Pro Evo and it's great, I enjoy it and haven't had any reason to look for another football game. However, the online play is pretty crap on it and I've heard Fifa's is good... I also play NHL 09 and EA's Online there is generally pretty good. So basically, I want to know if it's worth me buying Fifa, given that I already own Pro Evo? What's Be a Pro like? Am I likely to get as much from the game offline as I could on Pro Evo?

Are you wanting to keep Pro Evo like? 'cause you can get Fifa 09 for £20-25 now so that minus your pro evo trade in means it's not gonna cost you that much. I suppose you could also rent Fifa first and see for yourself whether you like it better.

I'm finding Be A Pro quite addictive at the moment. It starts off quite difficult as you're surrounded by reserve players and have low stats. But as soon as you put in a few good performances you can edit your stats right up. I played half a season in the Sunderland reserves, then the other half in the first team. I've just completed 9 games in my second season now a first team regular at Arsenal and just played my first game for England reserves.

Offline wise there's the Manager Mode and Be A Pro. Shame there isn't the challenge mode like there was on 08 which was fun when you were bored of playing other modes, having trophies would've made up for it but alas there's none of those either.

Just how in the hell do you change kit numbers in manager mode?!

I'm in my second season with Villa and currently have Beckham in 13, no number 9, no number 1 and McGeady is still running around in 46.

You can't :(

The update that I thought was gonna fix that merely made it so that the game recognised the player's position and allocated them a number based on that. So you won't get strikers with the #2 any more, but you can't edit them yourself.

Wow. Playing as Bournemouth in Manager Mode, on Legendary in my first season. I was getting some good results 2-0, 3-0 and so forth. The suddenly I destroy Maccesfield 7-1, on Legendary. Greatest. Game. Ever.

Picked this up today. Love it already. The collision system is superb and it's nice, after playing Pro Evo, to come up against difficult defenders. Yet to touch much of the offline stuff as yet. Just been playing online... 7-0 so far heh. So yeah, someone do a 360 Fifa tournament akin to Baddar's Ps3 one please :P

... That or any 360 owners tell me if they'd be interested, and I'll do one.

Just had the most random awesome victory. I've been a Pro Evo guy ever since the PS1 days, but decided for a change this year and got FIFA last week. Still getting used to it so i am not very good, find it a struggle to score more than 2 goals in a game. Tonight i felt like a challenge, so i went for the Giant Killer achievement (defeating a 5 star team with a half star team), and the first time of trying I beat Chelsea 4-0 with Dagenham and Redbridge!!! I even saved a penalty!!!

Well I'm now at Juventus in Manager Mode still puffing away on Pro Level, I really struggle to create chances and beat the shit teams. I thrashed Milan 5-0 and beat Inter 2-0 with considerable comfort but then Modena turned up and humilated my team 4-0 just couldn't break them down and they kept hitting me on the counter grrr.

Oh I'm up for the Xbox thing! Just got to get the beauty back to Cardiff in one piece and set myself up again.