FIFA 09

alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's also a big problem when I make a decent run into the box from the wing and want to cut it back to a surging midfielder but the auto aim sends it to the nearest striker who's heavily marked and it's cut out.

Yeah, that annoys the piss out of me. I tend to now just drive towards the keeper and buy a cheap corner, or potentially a goal off of a rebound, as the pass across the box never really works.

And OMG ROBBED AGAINST AJ!!!11! Ok, maybe not, he beat me 6-0 and 4-0, or something, but the second one was classic. I kicked off as Celtic and none of his Rangers players were loaded, so I passed it around as one by one they showed up, but Boyd still wasn't showing, nicked the ball off my defender and was brought down, and I thought nothing of it. Bombardment for the first 45 minutes, and its only when Martin Tyler mentions about the ref card decision, I check the events and find out that my player got sent off for the tackle on his invisible Kris Boyd, as FIFA neglected to show me the sending off. I think then AJ scored again, and I went on a rampage, managing to get 3 other players sent off, but also hit the crossbar 3 times, twice with chips from outside the box and once with a freekick.

I broke my online duck. After suffering a 2-1 loss to Whisper as Spurs against his Villa (he bums Carew :@) I managed to finally beat him in a classically shit match between Schalke 04 (him) and Werder Bremen. I was bombarded for pretty much most the match but scored on the counter (which is the only way I seem able to play) and Kuranyi's inability for him meant I had the win. Then I lost the next match and was quite annoyed, think that was 1-0 i think, he was Sporting and I was Udinese - who were fucking shit.

FIFA 09 Ultimate Team Addon Announced

Feb 10, 2009 at 4:38 AM - Andrew Burnes - 0 Comments

Purchasable FIFA 09 console addon adds new trading card-based game mode to the popular footy title. Grind for extra player cards, or purchase them with real world money through console marketplaces:

Electronic Arts Inc. today announced the development of a unique, downloadable game mode called FIFA 09 Ultimate Team that will deliver a strategic new online experience to the award-winning EA SPORTS FIFA 09 on the PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system. FIFA 09 Ultimate Team challenges gamers to collect or create the most talented football players in the world, develop them into a dream team and then compete online against a legion of challengers to be crowned the ultimate team.

FIFA 09 Ultimate Team challenges gamers to collect 30 different types of bronze, silver and gold virtual cards, including Player, Staff, Contract, Formations, and Tactics, to create their fantasy team. Strategically collect and manage players and different types of cards, and then set the match strategy to win. Carefully select or trade for the right Manager, then choose the best Tactics and Formations that forge the team chemistry necessary to take your club to the top. Plus, deal Gameplay cards on your opponent at key moments of any match for a tactical advantage.

Live the ultimate dream in FIFA 09 Ultimate Team. Create yourself in game, line up alongside your heroes and captain your squad to glory. Customize everything from players and stadiums to the kits and badges, creating the world’s next great football club. Compete offline and online to earn more valuable cards or trawl the market for the ones needed to complete a winning team. Climb the league table or compete in knockout tournaments for the most coveted trophies, where the opposition becomes more difficult after each victory.

Feel the exhilaration as you take your carefully assembled squad into matches and tournaments online against the most formidably talented teams ever assembled—and out play them. Here is the ultimate test of your skills as a player and manger. Write your own legend with FIFA 09 Ultimate Team.

FIFA 09 Ultimate Team will be available as a download to FIFA 09 beginning March 19, 2009. Fans will be able to experience the new game mode by creating a team with a starter package of players and virtual cards and play a five game trial before deciding to purchase the FIFA 09 Ultimate Team mode. FIFA 09 is required.

Feel a rush of adrenaline as you step onto the pitch and live the ultimate fantasy in club football. Collect the most talented players in the world, shape them into your dream team and then prove yourself against a legion of challengers in FIFA 09 Ultimate Team, a strategic new downloadable game mode designed exclusively for the award-winning FIFA 09 on the PLAYSTATION 3 and Xbox 360.

FIFA 09 Ultimate Team delivers a new level of depth and strategy to EA SPORTS FIFA 09, winner of 25 international game quality awards, and the second highest rated sports game of all-time on PS3 and Xbox 360.

Collect, trade and play your way to global supremacy by building your ultimate football club from over 4,000 available stars or creating and developing yourself in game to captain your team to glory. Collect bronze, silver and gold virtual cards to build your club, choosing everything from your squad members to your match strategy. Play games to earn coins to acquire new packs of virtual cards, trade or auction unwanted ones and trawl the market for the cards you need to complete your winning team. Plus, acquire additional packs of cards using Microsoft points from XBOX LIVE Marketplace or purchase them from the PlayStation Network.

Collect 30 different types of virtual cards, including Player, Staff, Contract, Formations, and Tactics, to create the ultimate team. Strategically collect and manage players and different types of cards, and then set the match strategy to win. Carefully select or trade for the right Manager, then choose the best Tactics and Formations that forge the team chemistry necessary to take your club to the top. Plus, deal Gameplay cards on your opponent at key moments of any match for a tactical advantage.

Live the ultimate dream in FIFA 09 Ultimate Team. Create yourself in game, line up alongside your heroes and captain your squad to glory. Customize everything from players and stadiums to the kits and badges, creating the world’s next great football club. Climb the league table and compete in knockout tournaments for the most coveted trophies, where the opposition becomes more difficult after each victory.

Feel the exhilaration as you take your carefully assembled squad into matches and cup tournaments against real, CPU-controlled football clubs or online against the most formidably talented teams ever assembled—and out play them. Here is the ultimate test of your skills as a player and manger. Write your own legend with FIFA 09 Ultimate Team, available for download into FIFA 09 on PS3 and Xbox 360 beginning March 19.

Key Features

Build Your Ultimate Team: Collect Players, Managers, Head Coaches, Goalkeeper Coaches, Physiotherapists, Fitness Coaches, Tactics, and Gameplay modifiers, and then foster team chemistry through effectively organizing your squad. Accumulate Staff, Fitness and Medical cards to gain the tactical edge, and then deal Gameplay-influencing cards at key moments during a match.

30 Types Of Cards: Collect, trade and play 30 different types of cards to form your ultimate team and your best strategy to win. Categories to collect include: Players, Managers, Staff, Player Contract, Advanced Training, Injury Healing, Formations, Tactics, Team Talk, Arenas, Crowd, Celebrations, Stadia, Kits, Badges and more.

Develop Team Chemistry: Determine the direction of your team by collecting players to fit your system or designing a system around your players. Organize players in preferred positions, preferred formations and alongside countrymen to boost your player attributes and give your team a tactical advantage. Acquire Contract cards to keep your team on the winning track.

Complete Customization: Live the ultimate dream. Create yourself in game, line up alongside your heroes and captain your squad to glory. Personalize your player with thousands of new items, including new hairstyles, tattoos, and bandanas. Listen to the broadcast team call your name while your created player steps into the spotlight. Customize everything from players and stadiums to the kits and badges, creating the world’s next great football club.

Acquire New Cards: Play games to earn coins to acquire new cards, trade or auction unwanted ones and trawl the market for the cards you need to complete your winning team. Plus, acquire additional packs of cards using Microsoft points from XBOX LIVE Marketplace or purchase them from the PlayStation Network.

New Leaderboards: Compete with your squad against the rest of the world in league matches and watch your club climb the leader boards.

Knockout Tournaments: Here is the ultimate test. Compete in 36 different tournaments while connected online against CPU-controlled football clubs or a legion of challengers. Face your toughest competition in knockout tournaments for the most coveted trophies, where the opposition becomes more difficult after each victory.

New Interactive Celebrations: Score a goal and then control your player’s movements to celebrate the way you want to with 20 new user-controlled celebrations.

The Collection: Amass a collection of players, trophies, league badges, boots and balls which unlock extra coins.

PS3 Trophy Support: For the first time, FIFA 09 Ultimate Team includes Trophy support for PS3.

Yeah... EA... great. How about stop working on pointless shit add-ons and fix stuff people actually WANT (like yannow, trophies for the original game and squad numbers amongst other things). Ugh *is not amused*.

GGGGGRRRRRRRR at freekicks.

I'm getting better at them but holy hell. I'm in my second season with Reading and am currently sitting 9th in the table (but only 2pts off of 5th). I'm on the road at Chelski and go down 2-0 quick as shit. I put one in right before half after building for several minutes. Right off the bat in the second half Drogba gets too fancy and I get a loose ball with Doyle running right through the D. Nobody is home and Boswinga gets the cheap red, PK, and we're tied up.

I pour it on and the entire half is played at their end. I get corner after corner with a few clearences sprinkled in. At the 75 minute mark they start fouling. I lost count but I'd guess I had about 8 free kicks. I hit the damn bar four times, nailed Ballack in the nuts, and Chech saved the others. Hunt took a few of them, Doyle took a few, and I even had Kenwyne Jones take one (my only real transfer up front). Of the three, Hunt was closest by far.

I hate freekicks here.

Just lost 1-0 on Golden Goal to sodding Newcastle. I was actually pissed off at the end when Martins' shot was saved and he got to the rebound first. I couldn't fashion anything and Cisse/Jones just weren't working up front and because it's a computer game Martins is Godlike. Despite being injury prone and not that good in real life he continues to be amazing on computer games due to his speed, it's just so frustrating.

Could have been worse though, Nicky Butt nearly had a chance to score for them.

I love taking free kicks in my BAP mode as my player has 99 accuracy and 99 power. When they go in it nearly takes the net off. I wonder though, why he doesn't have the long run up that players who have a powerful shot do. Perhaps that has to do with the long shot stat? Even that's not bad at 75.

I haven't played FIFA in like 3 and a half days. :( Feels like an age.