RIP Paul Newman....:(

Mick

Hollywood legend Paul Newman has died at the age of 83, his spokeswoman has confirmed.

Marni Tomljanovic said the Color Of Money star died on Friday of cancer. She gave no further details.

Newman starred in films like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, and won a best actor Oscar in 1987 for The Color Of Money.

In May 2007, he said he was giving up acting because he could no longer perform to the best of his ability.

"I'm not able to work anymore... at the level that I would want to," he told US broadcaster ABC.

Earlier this year, he pulled out of directing a stage production of John Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men in Connecticut because of unspecified health problems.

However, he denied reports that he was ill with cancer.

Source: BBC

I saw this on the "recent deaths" sections of Wikipedia; there really isn't much of an article or information on his page...

:(

RIP Luke....

Edited for sources, etc...

Edited by Mick MacLeod

Paul Newman was on of my all time favorite actors and someone who was tapped into the pulse of life. He used his celebrity for a greater good, and he was one hell of a talent. I actually met Paul in 2004 when he filmed the movie Empire Falls in my hometown. I was actually in the movie as an extra and one day he and Ed Harris came and had lunch with us at the craft services table. He was one of the most interesting people I've ever met and one of easiest conversationalist. He was just cool. Dragline said it about Luke and I am saying it about Paul:

"Hell, he was a natural-born world-shaker."