Mega Man 9

The Brian J

Anybody else played Mega Man 9? I downloaded it a few days ago, and it's basically the perfect Mega Man game. It truly feels and plays like one of Mega Man's old games.

Plus, it has the trademark of most Mega Man games: it's HARD AS HELL! In a positive way, though. It feels good to want to bite my controller in frustration again. Each level has it's own little "Gimmick" that makes it hard.

Anybody else downloaded it? If not, I give it a high recommendation; it's a real must-buy from WiiWare.

I got it on XBL instead of Wii simply for achievements and then was sad to realize that the game is so ridiculously hard that I probably won't get any of them. Mega Man 3 was one of the first video games I ever beat by myself as a kid, and I remember the series being hard, but holy fuck this game is just evil.

I've noticed that about a lot of games from my childhood years though. I could play them back then, sure they were hard, but they were beatable. Yet, when I try to play them now, they are goddamn impossible.'

I used to love the Mega Man games. Maybe when I get some extra cash to spend I'll fork some out for this and WipEout HD

I got it on XBL instead of Wii simply for achievements and then was sad to realize that the game is so ridiculously hard that I probably won't get any of them. Mega Man 3 was one of the first video games I ever beat by myself as a kid, and I remember the series being hard, but holy fuck this game is just evil.

Wii version has achievements, too, actually.

Some of them are doable (Defeat this boss in less than 2 minutes, bat the game after jumping more than 100 times, etc). But a few of them (beat the game WITHOUT TAKING DAMAGE ONCE) I think were just put in there as a cruel joke to mock us.

And yeah, the game is very hard. I'm up to Wily's Castle, 2nd stage, but I keep getting Bweeew-Bweeew-Bweeew'd by it.

Wii achievements and 360 ones are different though, in the sense that the 360 ones will matter in the long run. :shifty:

However, yeah... I tried the trial and fuck this game. But then again I was never really th at great at Mega Man games, I don't see why the fucking bosses are so damn hard. It looks free form, but there's some retarded hidden sequence to fight the bosses in all of the games to make it even SLIGHTLY possible.

I just beat Galaxy man and everyone else's levels are just too damn hard. Lovely little game though worth every point!

Edited by Laice07

I bought the Mega Man anthology a few years ago thinking it would be a nice trip down memory lane. It took me a few times playing it to realize I could not play these damn games anymore. Mega Man is a great series, but holy hell... I just don't have the patience anymore. It pretty much comes down to this: if I can't dick around in between actually playing the game and blow some shit up or something, I'm probably not going to make it to the end.