Thor The Movie

Pepsi

Triple H's acting ability on a live broadcast is tremendous. Given a serious role and with a little help, I'd be more than willing to back him as the lead in the Thor picture.

Honestly, no it isn't. Here, let's go through the chronology of Triple H's characters in WWE:

1996 - smirky rich guy

1997 - smirky asshole degenerate

1998 - smirky asshole degenerate that the fans love

1999 - smirky asshole degenerate followed by brief foray into seriousness followed by...

2000 - smirky asshole who is on top of the company

2001 - smirky asshole who gets injured halfway through the year

2002 - Actually, not a smirky asshole for the first three fourths of the year. This results in Triple H being the most boring he has ever been in his entire career.

2003 - 2005 - smirky asshole who by now is an established main eventer and top guy so I guess he's like a smirky asshole rich guy.

2006 - 2008 - smirky asshole who's back to being a fan favorite and acting like it's still 1998, to varying levels of success.

It's one thing to cast him as a burly obnoxious henchman like he was in Blade Trinity (and I think he did well there, for the record), and another entirely to cast him as the lead of a blockbuster film wherein he would be playing a Norse god. I don't even think he has the right appearance or physique for Thor, anyway; Conan? Possibly. Thor? No no no no no.

Til Schweiger would make a good Thor.

He's quite talented when Uwe Boll isn't raping the acting ability out of him.

Uwe Boll is a genius! You take that back!

Seriously though... Marvel films haven't been strictly 616 or Ultimate or anything else. They choose which characteristics from which versions of the character they think would work in the film universe, and that's what they go with.

I still think Triple H would make a tremendously good choice, but even so, would still prefer a young Hollywood upstart... good physique, ability to have facial hair (but not a neccessity) and some half decent acting chops, and you're set.

Get a well known actor to play the role of Loki to help sell the picture to non-fans, and everything's good. You're building a star, but at the same time, aren't exponentially increasing the budget for the team-up films, which there will likely be more than one of.