Star Wars: The Old Republic

Guest strongarm85

This board has British people?! I thought I was safe :(

Part 1 was nice. Stuff like that is the only reason Id ever consider getting the game (grouping with friends and screwing about). I'll agree with Midget and say continue making the videos.

Edited by Vitamin E

Man. I love how the apparent moral to the Inquisitor story so far is "lightning is the solution to every problem ever". Someone's not cooperating? Shock him. Need to open a relic? Shock it. My lightsaber has become superfluous, lightning does everything for me.

I also love that you can play the Inquisitor as completely batshit insane. As an example, when told that an antidote for a poison was only designed to work on Colicoids, you can respond with "How do you know I'm not a Colicoid?" with a completely straight face.

It's awesome.

• 1 month later...

Always.

On that note, I got an email from Bioware a few weeks ago offering week trials for friends. Cloudy is currently using one, another is earmarked for someone who I'm waiting to get back to me, but I have a third going spare. Is there anyone reading this thread who is not already playing who would like a one week free trial?

• 1 month later...

I actually got to try this for like an hour when there was the free weekend. Maybe it's just that I dont play many computer games but I found it really awkward and hard to control. I was doing kinda ok with the tutorial stuff and then I had to quit and never got back to it. Does it get easier? I mean I like the idea of the game and I made a cool smuggler chick but if its going to be so awkward I probably wont bother.

I'm used to having everything right in my hand like with consoles so I would use those buttons to run but then I would need to shoot so I would come to a dead stop so I could press 1 to shoot and then if I brought my fingers back down in the wrong spot I wouldnt run while people were shooting at me. Plus if I want to aim or loot anybody the touchpad comes in and thats not so easy to control either.

So a lot of stuff I guess. :(

I'm used to having everything right in my hand like with consoles so I would use those buttons to run but then I would need to shoot so I would come to a dead stop so I could press 1 to shoot and then if I brought my fingers back down in the wrong spot I wouldnt run while people were shooting at me. Plus if I want to aim or loot anybody the touchpad comes in and thats not so easy to control either.

So a lot of stuff I guess. :(

Games like WoW or TOR aren't too keen for laptops with touchpads, strictly for the reasons you've listed. You'll want an actual mouse.

• 4 weeks later...