Jukebox Songs

YI

Everyone has them...what are your 'jukebox songs'.

My current crop

"The '59 Sound" by The Gaslight Anthem

"Old White Lincoln" by The Gaslight Anthem

"Bizarre Love Triangle" by New Order

"The Perfect Kiss" by New Order

"Heat Of The Moment" by Asia

"About You Now" by Sugababes

"The Power Of Love" by Huey Lewis & The News

"St Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)" by John Parr

"Sir Duke" by Stevie Wonder

"Boom Boom Boom Boom" by Vengaboys

"Here Come The Girls" by Ernie K Doe

"Maria" by Blondie

"Virtual Insanity" by Jamiroquai

"I Will Possess Your Heart" by Death Cab For Cutie (moneys worth, FUCK YEAH!)

"This Charming Man" by The Smiths

"Flux" by Bloc Party

"Mr Vain" by Culture Beat

"Club Tropicana" by WHAM!

...any Libertines, Babyshambles or Cribs (guaranteed a 'heartfelt' sing-along)...

I put far too much money into jukeboxes. :shifty:

Edited by YI

Not enough places in Jersey have decent jukeboxes; nowhere has an internet-enabled one, so we're pretty limited. My old local, my favourite pub ever, which has sadly closed had my favourite jukebox ever - all the usual tat, but also a ridiculous amount of Norwegian Black Metal and Sonic Youth. I used to spend a ridiculous amount of money on it, normally playing "A Minha Menina" by The Bees three or four times while there, and if we ever wanted to use the pool table and someone else was there, we'd just put on loads of ridiculously heavy stuff, which the black metal loving barman would turn up loud until they eventually got sick of it and left.

Currently, none of the pubs I drink in have a jukebox, but there is one place I go every once in a blue moon that has Sparks Vs. Faith No More on it, so that's love.

Where I used to work, didn't have a jukebox, instead had a laptop...and if you worked there, you could basically upload whatever you wanted onto it. It never got played, unless you were on an early shift, and just played it yourself, or on the rare occasion you got to be 'in charge' of the laptop. :shifty:

Everytime I go to Billiards, the local redneck kids are either playing generic country crap, or some shit like Nickelback or Disturbed. Although, one kid did play a Dillinger Escape Plan song. I proceeded to kick ass in that game.

On the rare occasion I get fed up and put money into their jukebox (it's one of those internet ones), I usually play Bob Dylan. I concentrate better.