Kanye West's New Shit

ROC

Dude, another story is just epic.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/artic...%20emas_1086503

KANYE WEST - WEST BLASTS MTV EMA'S

KANYE WEST is convinced this year's (08) MTV Europe Music Awards were fixed, and insists he shouldn't have been handed a gong.

The Stronger hitmaker performed and collected the Ultimate Urban prize at the ceremony in Liverpool, England on Thursday (06Nov08) - but he is adamant he did not deserve the award.

He says, "I won nothing last year and I'd brought out Stronger. Then this year, just because I was there, I won best urban act. This was Lil Wayne's year."

And it isn't just himself that the rapper deems unworthy of an award - he's fuming that Britney Spears and Jared Leto's band 30 Seconds To Mars were handed honours.

He adds, "Britney Spears over Rihanna? Are you serious? I mean f**king Jared Leto? He's my boy but he shouldn't have won over some of those other artists."

The awards are voted for by the public and music industry officials.

11/13/2008 08:01:55 AM

I just love this guy. He's so lovably insane.

Also, out of the leaked songs, "Paranoid" is fucking amazing. The Lil' Wayne appearance track isn't as great. And everything else is pretty decent. I can't hate, I just think I like the guy's egotism and swagger because people will still buy the records. They'll still completely listen.

I'd also like to think that when I'm famous, I'd just fuck with people. >_>

He's right though. He was right in ripping the VMA's for putting Britney on to open some shit performance two years ago, and this years was a GIANT jerkoff fest of BRITNEY IS BACK~! and KANYE IS AMAZING~! It was just asskissing on their part, and so is this. The fact that he can go off when he thinks he's been slighted AND go off when he thinks someone like Lil Wayne deserved it are why I like him.

Since we're talking about how much of a cunt Kanye is...

Actually, we weren't. And fuck that, I love Kanye's massive ego, that shit is hilarious.

And yeah, ROC, "Paranoid" sounds way better than anything else off of it that I've heard. Great production work on that one, really lush.

Kanye West is a cunt and isn't especially good. I liked the song he did with Chris Martin until I got bored of it though. And Through the Wire is right good. I can still listen to Through the Wire. Plus he sampled Steely Dan which gives the impression he knows of them so he can't be all bad. The song featuring the sample was shite though.

To paraphrase - I'm not especially looking forward to his new shit/album.

Since we're talking about how much of a cunt Kanye is...

Actually, we weren't. And fuck that, I love Kanye's massive ego, that shit is hilarious.

:shifty:

That's not a "we," though, that's one guy in the thread. OH YEAH, BEING INCREDIBLY PARTICULAR ABOUT PHRASING.

And don't you even try to go "oh yeah well I said it too" because you weren't in the thread by then.

Edited by GoGophidian

That's not a "we," though, that's one guy in the thread. OH YEAH, BEING INCREDIBLY PARTICULAR ABOUT PHRASING.

And don't you even try to go "oh yeah well I said it too" because you weren't in the thread by then.

...seriously, I just saw it was a Kanye related thread and I posted that article. That last post of mine was a joke.

Kanye's ego would be great if he was able to live up to his own hype. Just because people believed Ali when he started calling himself the greatest doesn't mean it'll work for Kanye. I wish I could punch Kanye in the face. Just one nice over hand right, than I'd steal his shoes.

Listening to the first half or so of the new record, the one album that keeps popping into my mind is "In the Wee Small Hours". Now that's probably one of, if not my favourite album of all-time, so I'm not trying to compare the two in quality. It's just that biographically speaking, Kanye and Sinatra were both coming out of failed relationships and dealing with pretty obvious depressive issues and turned to music as a vent. If anything this album is even more cynical, although one can understand that what with the loss of his mother. It's really good, though. I always need a couple listens to really get a feeling of how I feel about any given Kanye record, but so far I'm impressed. To the people who say Kanye doesn't live up to the hype, I couldn't disagree more. If anything, not matching your hype is a quick ticket to obscurity in this modern media and he's still as hot as ever in the industry. And I always love hearing from people who dislike someone's music so much that they'd "like to punch him in the face". It's the ultimate in internet snark, and as patently hollow a suggestion as they come.

The only argument that I can see is that the production is sort of inconsistent, because there's magnificently produced tracks like "Say You Will," "Paranoid," and the new version of "RoboCop" while there's the more minimalist stuff like "Love Lockdown". The lyrics work for the most part, even if in any sort of context "How could you be so Dr. Evil?" probably is a horrid line. Still, as I expected, Kanye's experiment mostly pays off in a hella interesting album.

I'd dare say that this is Kanye's best album to date as far as the musical content goes.

Well, there's a lot more humanity and less Kanye swagger on this. It's more of his personality with the one girl he dated off and on for a few years. It's certainly intriguing to peel back the layers, and the minimalist production in the context of the album totally works for what Kanye's going for. Though, I will never ever be able to get used to the "bsssssssst" on "Coldest Winter".