Kanye West's New Shit

ROC

Anyone who's followed both hip-hop and blogs knows fullwell about Kanye West's new album 808's and Heartbreak, which is Kanye entirely using the autotune technique made famous by T-Pain except done more awesomely.

At least four songs have leaked, but only two are in good quality, that being "Love Lockdown" and "Heartless", though "Coldest Winter" probably is amazing without the static.

But yes, both songs I didn't really like at first (kind of like how I was about the album Graduation as a whole), but damn it got amazing fast. And "Heartless" wins for the line "How could you be so Dr. Evil?"

This is an awesome man.

I heard that this CD is pretty much all singing, but he's putting out another one during the spring or fall that is his usual stuff. So yea, we get two CD's of Kayne's awesomeness. I'm excited.

I dunno, I love Kanye and all but I'm just not feeling this shift in style. On the real, he's not even a really great rapper, but this Autotuner shit is unbearable when it's not being used sparingly. Plus, the beats on "Love Lockdown" and "Heartless" are like the definition of basic, and the main selling point of Kanye has always been his fantastic production work.

There has been 5 songs put out to the public one way or another. He has officially released "Love Lockdown" and "Heartless." The other three would be "Coldest Winter," "Robo-Cop," and "Anyway." I am love all of them except "Robo-Cop." I think it's great that he's trying out new stuff and it's really working for him. The guy really is working hard too because there is indeed another CD he will be releasing next year making it a CD per year for the past three years. With that and all the production and such he works on the man is hard not to respect.

Kanye West is a cunt and isn't especially good. I liked the song he did with Chris Martin until I got bored of it though. And Through the Wire is right good. I can still listen to Through the Wire. Plus he sampled Steely Dan which gives the impression he knows of them so he can't be all bad. The song featuring the sample was shite though.

To paraphrase - I'm not especially looking forward to his new shit/album.

Kanye was good before he thought of himself as controversial. Ever since he said 'George Bush doesn't care about black people,' he's become like Lil Wayne, thinking everything he does is great. While Graduation is one of the best albums released recently, this whole AutoTune album is a horrible decision. 'Love Lockdown' is unbearable to listen to. I haven't heard any other songs off of 808 and Heartbreaks mainly cause I'm in no rush to. He needs to go back to College Dropout days with his music. Leave the AutoTune to Lil Wayne cause thats all he has now.

Autotune or no Autotune, the ten or so tracks that have leaked that are CD quality are amazing stuff. It's a bit jarring at first but as a whole album, it works pretty well as a bit of an experiment. It's probably better than Graduation but not a patch on his first two.

Is it just me, or does Love Lockdown sound like the same exact thing after the first 40 seconds of the same song. It seems like 5 minutes of the same exact thing. It's bad.

Yeah, that was the other reason I didn't like it at all. To quote Kanye himself on another one of his songs, "homie, this shit is basic." I already mentioned the beats being that way, but really, the entire song structure feels like an endless loop.

Edited by GoGophidian

Since we're talking about how much of a cunt Kanye is...

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081113/ap_on_...kanye_west#full

Kanye West says he's 'voice of this generation'

LONDON – Kanye West is to music what Michael Jordan was to basketball — at least that's what West thinks, in his humble estimation.

"I realize that my place and position in history is that I will go down as the voice of this generation, of this decade, I will be the loudest voice," he said in an interview on Wednesday. "It's me settling into that position of just really accepting that it's one thing to say you want to do it and it's another thing to really end up being like Michael Jordan."

The Grammy-winning rapper-producer said Justin Timberlake had a chance to be music's MVP, but hasn't put out enough material. (Timberlake's last album was in 2006, while West released a CD last year and is releasing his latest — "808s and Heartbreak" — on Nov. 24.)

"There were people who had the potential to do it but they went on vacation, so when Justin went on vacation I made albums," he said. "And it just came out to be that."

West, 31, said life has been difficult since his mother's death. Donda West died last November after having plastic surgery.

"I'm just going through balancing that. And I always used to have that support system, you know. My mom would be there; no matter what, she was there before everything," he said. "We were together for like 30 years. And you know now when I'm on that stage and I look out and I say, 'What am I going to do with the rest of my life?' Like when does a real life start?' Because I have sacrificed real life to be a celebrity and to give this art to people, which is great. It is great that I was able to do that, I'm not trying to shun that in any way, but it's definitely a Catch-22 and it's bittersweet."

I really, really can't stand this guy.