Sitcoms YOU wish were still in production...

Universal

Which sitcoms from TV history that are currently not in production do you wish were still in production, filming new episodes and commenting on current topical issues?

Think of it as if time could stand still for the characters and the actors (Thus they wouldn't age enough to die, get sick etc).

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two Guys and a Girl (formerly with a Pizza Place).

I found and watched all four seasons of that show over the past three months... and god damn if it isn't the most enjoyable thing ever. I mean, I'm glad Ryan Reynolds has his movie career now, and it let Nathan Fillion move on to Firefly... but what about Traylor Howard? She's fraggin' sexy, and done nothing of note since then. :(

Also, Buffy and Angel, I could have done with several more seasons of... and Firefly. In fact, if Joss Whedon ever decided to revisit any of those three things, I think I would have a heart attack.

Fawlty Towers. I cried laughing at The Germans last night, hadn't watched it in a while so decided to watch the old VCRs of the whole series we've got. I should really buy the DVDs...My Dad bought those videos when they came out.

Pheonix Nights too. I forgot how funny it was until I was watching it yesterday whilst on my work experience. Not much to do this week, my supervisor has gone away to Amsterdam so I've got to find my own things to do, and that has been watching sitcoms on the internet. :)

I found and watched all four seasons of that show over the past three months... and god damn if it isn't the most enjoyable thing ever. I mean, I'm glad Ryan Reynolds has his movie career now, and it let Nathan Fillion move on to Firefly... but what about Traylor Howard? She's fraggin' sexy, and done nothing of note since then. :(

She was the second assistant in Monk. I knew I had seen her before.

And I second Will and Grace. That show was class

Also, Buffy and Angel, I could have done with several more seasons of... and Firefly. In fact, if Joss Whedon ever decided to revisit any of those three things, I think I would have a heart attack.

Definitely seconded. Although while Buffy, Angel, and Firefly get pimped in absolutely every single topic where they can even nearly pass as relevant, I really don't think they can be called Sitcoms. :P Bugger Traylor Howard though, what about Irene? :'( She disappeared entirely after TGAAG.

Even though the writers thought it was the right time to go I would argue another series of Father Ted would have been awesome. Oh well.

I would've said that as well, if Dermot Morgan hadn't died.

Edited by The King Of Awesomeness

Father Ted

'Allo 'Allo (with the quality of the first 3 series)

Only Fools and Horses (back when it was good - none of the Christmas specials or anything)

Hyperdrive (cos it was far far better than it was treated)

Maid Marion and her Merry Men

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Spaced is the only correct answer.

...to add a little more to that argument, I actually think that's true. I can't think of a single other sitcom that didn't either outstay its welcome or just wouldn't benefit from an extra series.

Edited by Skummy