Scottish Cup Draw

METALMAN

So my team (Kilmarnock) got Ayr United or Lochee United. Most likely Ayr United. This is good and bad because Ayr United are rubbish, but we always lose to them anyway. They are also our big local rivals. Could be fun. I'm just glad we didn't get Rangers or Celtic. That happens too much.

In other news Hearts got Hibernian and I can't remember any others.

Because I'm a nice chap, here's the full draw:

Peterhead v Queen's Park

St Johnstone v Rangers

Raith Rovers or Alloa Athletic v Aberdeen

Falkirk v Queen of the South

Airdrie United v Elgin City or Spartans

Inverurie Loco Works or Vale of Leithen v Motherwell

Ross County or Dumbarton v Hamilton Academical

Forfar Athletic or Stranraer v Forres Mechanics or Dalbeattie Star

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Partick Thistle

Celtic v Dundee

East Stirlingshire v Dundee United

Stenhousemuir v East Fife

Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian

Lochee United or Ayr United v Kilmarnock

Dunfermline Athletic v Clyde

Edinburgh City or Brechin City v St Mirren

I would actually be so devastated if Lochlee were to win now. I am so hyped for a real Ayrshire derby, I know we usually get beat down there, but the image of eight thousand plus fans in Somerset for what will be the last derby match there shall be one that will stay with me forever. Even now I can predict that the tenth of January will decide whether my year will be excellent or shit.

'Mon the Killie!

• 1 month later...

Paging metalman to this thread! You get your ticket sorted out, cause you better be going, or else I'm going to warn you for not being a true fan :pervert:

Only seven days left before the biggest derby of them all, on paper we should beat them, on the pitch we should hammer them, I just hope the football gods are with us.

KTID!

Today is the day that someone will become a hero.

This is what football is all about, ten thousand fans being packed into a shitty little stadium. Raw emotion between the two sets of fans, as we haven't played each other competitively in years. The players know how much this means to us, we have made sure to tell them enough times. Today isn't about getting through to the next round of the cup, it's about putting one over your biggest rivals. This isn't an Old Firm clash or an Edinburgh derby which occur 4 times a year, this is a once every ten years occasion where the Ayrshire derby becomes the biggest derby in Scotland.

Hoping for a 3-0 Killie win but I would take any kind of win at this stage.

• 2 weeks later...

FUCK YOUR AYR UNITED! haha

Best game ever tonight. Fantastic atmosphere. Off to Inverness now! If I have the money...

Oh and it turns out the Ayr goal was handball anyway. Cheating scum!

Forfar Athletic v Rangers

Airdrie United v Dunfermline Athletic

Heart of Midlothian v Falkirk

Inverurie Locos or Motherwell v St Mirren

Aberdeen v East Fife

Celtic v Queen's Park

Hamilton Academical v Dundee United

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Kilmarnock

Edited by metalman

Well done to Killie, was secretly rooting for Ayr though :P

Got my tickets for the Hearts/Falkirk game earlier today, hoping for another Scottish Cup run after that disaster against Airdrie in the League Cup earlier.

But atleast we beat Hibs to stop them winning, again. :D

This may take a while:

Absolutely superb performance tonight, especially in that second half. I probably in my 13 years supporting Killie have never seen such a good second half performance in my life. Two goals with eleven men in a local derby is something, getting two with ten me in a local derby is a thing of beauty. I can't sing the praises of our players high enough, whether it be Ford, Taouil, Bryson, Pascali or anyone else in the team, they are all bloody legends. Although I think a big shout has to go to the announcer. I'm sure metalman will agree with me, with things such as The Steptoe song when the Ayr player came out, Here Comes The Girls when they came out at half time, the announcement of "Please Would All Fans Be Reminded To Sit Down In Our All Seated Stadium", "tonights offical attendance is 11,456, thanks to all the Killie fans for coming along, and to top it all off (with the Ayr fans being kept back) "To All Ayr Fans, You Will Be Released Soon :lol: ". Legendary. Onto the game though, and yeah we did have a very poor first half. And even though they got a goal through a hand into the net thing, we didn't look like we deserved anything in the half.

However, once we got the goal we were different class, even with the sending off of Fernandez we still ruled the show. Craig Bryson is a player to watch out for, as he was superb tonight and is a player that can play at a higher level. I must say that anyone watching the game, that they will not see build up play for the Russell chance in the second half where he missed with the diving header in Scotland for a while. Wee Taouil was different class there.

I also, as the name change might suggest have special applause for Manuel Pascali who after our first got booked for not celebrating with the goalscorer, but for jumping the barrier into the Killie fans. Absolute legend that he is.

Player Ratings:

Alan Combe - Could probably have done better at their first, but outside of that no mistakes from the big man 7/10

James Fowler - Never a captain, never a right back, done his job though, but we have better players 6/10

Frazer Wright - A poor passback and a couple of slack passes. Other than that was commanding at the back 7/10

Simon Ford - A mistake gave them their goal, however, he made amends with two goals to win us the game 9/10

Garry Hay - Lives for Killie. Brilliant running and was our star man in the first half 8/10

Mehdi Taouil - Tricky wee bugger, great for entertainment, good crosser and great finish for the second 8.5/10

Manuel Pascali - Manu, Manuel, Manu, Manuel, Manu, Manuel, MANUEL PASCALI! 9/10

Craig Bryson - Superb running, superb break for the second and has some engine on him 10/10

Wullie Gibson - Did well after the switch to right mid, looked a threat on occasions in the first half, much better in second 8/10

David Fernandez - Played well until elbowing their player in the face. But it seemed to make us play better. 7/10

Allan Russell - The muscle was brilliant. Long bursting runs to beat their defenders. Just couldn't get a goal to wrap up a great performance. 9/10

AYR UNITED, AYR UNITED, WON FUCK ALL AND NEVER WILL!

ONE TEAM IN AYRSHIRE!