The Inevitable January Transfer Market Topic

Crybaby Bunting

I'm not scared of a couple of young Serbians, but I am scared at the prospect of Vidic translating the English language to anybody.

SAF: Okay boys, I know it's your debut, but there's no pressure, just go out there and play football. Nemanja, would you mind translating?

Vidic: *Serbian for KILL, MURDER, DESTROY, FUCKING ANIHILATE PUNY FOOTBALLERS*

That would be brilliant. Three Vidics on the pitch. Think of the chaos.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear Chelsea were snooping round Huntelaa... oh wait.

Can you really think of a striker off the top of your head that would benefit Chelsea? They have Anelka and Drogba who are complete monster strikers, plus they try to play 4-5-1 as much as possible. If you want another striker in that type of world class banding then you'll have to find one that doesn't mind being on the subs bench for months before getting a game. With that, Villa, Aguero and most other european strikers will be lolno at a Chelsea offer.

Schweinsteiger?

Drogba

If Drogba had looked as though he were at all arsed on any of the few occasions he's managed to be fit enough to play this season, I'd agree.

I don't necessarily want someone who can compete for a first team spot every week. I want someone so that we're not always one injury or suspension away from having NO strikers on the bench. i.e., as was the case against Arsenal last weekend.

What crazy shit will Man City pull off, if any? They'll make two or three fake spectacular signings (Roundnaldo, some other Brazilians like Luis Fabiano or maybe Adriano) and probably go in for Podolski. Then they'll sack Hughes in the first week of February.

Will Everton get a replacement for Yakubu? Yes. maybe Henrik Larsson but probably/hopefully Alan Smith from Newcastle.

Will Owen and Heskey get new contracts? or join new clubs? Heskey will move to a bigger English team (Villa, Spurs - someone like that). Owen will either force Newcastle to continue paying him silly money or he'll get a move to a desperate club. As long as he doesn't end up at Liverpool then it's ok.

Will Redknapp raid Pompey? He'll try, but he'll only get Lassana Diarra, who must be due a move soon or else he'll have to unpack his boxes. I doubt Spurs will sign Sol Campbell

Will Hull persuade another big name that's out of contract to join the Circle? The Ghanaian bloke that was at Fenerbahce. Stephen Appiah?

Will the credit crunch stop most PL activity? No, it'll increase it, because nobody is cut adrift like Derby and they'll all spend to try to stay up. Clubs will be given, and will make, much more money in the Premier League in 2009/10 than in the Championship, so they'll take the risk.

The other Serb we are after is Adam Llajic and he's dubbed the Serbian Kaka...I think I repeated this in another thread not sure. Manchester City will be linked to about a 100 players per day but end up signing (good)players from mid-table/bottom half clubs like Santa Cruz and maybe ship out people like Vassel,Michael Ball etc.

Can you really think of a striker off the top of your head that would benefit Chelsea? They have Anelka and Drogba who are complete monster strikers, plus they try to play 4-5-1 as much as possible. If you want another striker in that type of world class banding then you'll have to find one that doesn't mind being on the subs bench for months before getting a game. With that, Villa, Aguero and most other european strikers will be lolno at a Chelsea offer.

Why would Villa turn down Chelsea? Valencia are reportedly on the verge of bankruptcy and now Real Madrid are out of the running to sign him. If Barcelona don't want to sign him then Chelsea might look like an attractive proposition - especially since Drogba might well be out of the door in the summer and Anelka is the only other striker.

I am definitely fearing this January for West Ham. I'm not sure if the financial situation has improved at all since the last month or so, but I highly doubt it. I know Rob Green went to the owner to plead with him not to sell a bunch of the players & keep the team together, but I can definitely see it happening. Green, Upson, Parker, Bellamy, and Ashton are 5 players I could all see leaving either in January or the summer. And if that happens, Championship here we come.

What we need to do is trim the fat like Hayden Mullins, Gabbidon, Boa Morte, Carlton Cole, and Lucas Neill. Will any of that happen? I highly doubt it.

We can't afford to lose Neill, Gabbidon, Cole or Mullins though. They're as good as we're going to get for squad players and with the injury-proneness of the rest of our squad we can't afford to sell these guys for a couple of million each for no reason. It'll be hard to sell someone like Neill, Bellamy or Parker because they're on massive wages that probably won't be matched by anyone else in conjunction with an offer large enough to be worth it. Ashton's been injured all season and there's actually a chance that might stop him getting sold. I could potentially have seen him going elsewhere if he'd found a bit of form.

Hard to imagine anyone particularly interesting being signed, anyway.

Even when healthy, Gabbidon isn't of value. Collins and Davenport both would be given playing time before Gabbidon. Neill isn't a bad back, but he's too expensive and Zola doesn't seem to want him, dropping him out of the squad even when healthy. So long as you keep Noble and Bowyer, Mullins is exendable, although it could be debated which man is of more value, Bowyer or Mullins. As for Cole, I just think he's a waste. He's so frustrating to watch, and just horrid. I'd rather see Freddie Sears get playing time than Cole. If Zola is going to sign Di Michele and Tristan, he should use them for now and sent Cole packing.

You are right about Ashton; he's too injury prone. However, I love him and he's solid when he's fit. I have a soft spot for him thanks to FIFA :P