The Inevitable January Transfer Market Topic

Crybaby Bunting

Serbians to join United

United is pleased to announce it has reached an agreement with Partizan Belgrade and the players for Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic to join the club.

Tosic, 21, will sign with immediate effect and wear the no.14 shirt, while an agreement is in place for 17-year-old Ljajic to remain with Partizan for the rest of 2009.

A press conference will be held next week, once the necessary paperwork has been filed with the relevant football authorities.

Source: manutd.com

I thought Fergie said he wasn't going to buy in this window. These guys must be good.Anybody heard of em?

Why? Just because Scum have signed them, doesn't mean they're good: Taibi, Kleberson and Eric Djemba-Djemba all say hi. I guess Fergie's youth team aren't all he cracked them up to be (again) then, if he's signing foreign youngsters.

Why do you have to shit on United at every given chance? It's just getting annoying now. Leeds are the dirtiest scumbags going, but we don't all going around calling them scum every post.

Never seen either of them play, although Tosic is supposed to be pretty good. I've also read something about a youth player from Leeds today for an over priced amount, never honestly seen him play from what I know, the papers going over the top as usual in calling him fantastic?

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serbians to join United

United is pleased to announce it has reached an agreement with Partizan Belgrade and the players for Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic to join the club.

Tosic, 21, will sign with immediate effect and wear the no.14 shirt, while an agreement is in place for 17-year-old Ljajic to remain with Partizan for the rest of 2009.

A press conference will be held next week, once the necessary paperwork has been filed with the relevant football authorities.

Source: manutd.com

I thought Fergie said he wasn't going to buy in this window. These guys must be good.Anybody heard of em?

Why? Just because Scum have signed them, doesn't mean they're good: Taibi, Kleberson and Eric Djemba-Djemba all say hi. I guess Fergie's youth team aren't all he cracked them up to be (again) then, if he's signing foreign youngsters.

Why do you have to shit on United at every given chance? It's just getting annoying now. Leeds are the dirtiest scumbags going, but we don't all going around calling them scum every post.

Never seen either of them play, although Tosic is supposed to be pretty good. I've also read something about a youth player from Leeds today for an over priced amount, never honestly seen him play from what I know, the papers going over the top as usual in calling him fantastic?

I call them scum, deal with it, some fans call them worse. And Leeds haven't been "dirty scumbags" for years, but hey, believe the shit you read hey?

Not saying they're not good, just saying that "These guys must be good" is a stupid assumption to make. Delph's good, too good for Leeds. He's rumoured to be going for an "over priced amount" because we don't have to sell him, and don't want to sell him - if someone wants him, they pay what we want (rumoured to be £7m + England cap add ons + premier league appearances add ons + sell on fee).

Given owes Newcastle absolutely, and I mean absolutely NOTHING. If the fans give him grief for leaving then it's a sad sad thing. He's been with you for years and years and years, put in nearly 500 appearances and cost a ridiculously tiny amount.

It would be like Manchester United fans turning on Giggs if he chose to leave Man Utd next year. Both players have gone above and beyond their duty in showing their respect and love for the clubs.

To be honest this is some great news for the national side, it's not that good of an idea to have the England No#1 and No#2 left back playing for the same team.

I wonder if Bridge might be able to knock smarmy cunt Ashley Cole out of the first team.

Now if Scott Parker was playing in a team like Manchester City he may also find himself becoming surprisingly highly rated

It's a player Man City wanted and Chelsea wouldn't settle for anything else.

What can Man City do? say the player is only worth £6m and get pissed when another club steals him from them? It's not as if City can really claim that they're broke and Chelsea (despite being a wealthy club) will still want to bleed every penny they can get out of the deal.

This is the club who greatly pissed off Chelsea earlier on in the season by signing the player that they'd been chasing all season remember. I'm surprised they even spoke about the player, let alone buy him.

What can Man City do? Go and get a different player for half of that money who could do just as good a job? They've ridiculously overpaid for him. Just because they have money doesn't mean they should settle for being bullied into prices like that.

Edited by AD

He's better than Ashley Cole >_>

I don't think they have hideously overpaid, personally. Probably a little, but not to the extent some people suggest. The only reason that Bridge would struggle to meet a 12m price tag is lack of games, but for actual talent, playing at a high level (for Chelsea and even breaking into the England team on occasion) and a player who has quite a lot of experience, he is definitely worth a decent chunk of cash.

There isn't as if there is an overwhelming number of OMG left backs around the place anyways, especially ones who would be realistically available.

Apparently Spurs had a £6m bid turned down for Downing. Bentley cost us £15m and we think we can get Downing for less than half of that? :rolleyes:

He'd be a good fit for Spurs if he did go, would be nice to have a naturally left-sided player rather than all these converted right wingers/centre midfielders/left backs we've been playing there. Unfortunately it will probably mean Bentley or Lennon leaving in the not too distant future, more likely Lennon I would guess. I'd rather us spend the money on Defoe, though.