The Inevitable January Transfer Market Topic

Crybaby Bunting

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is adamant he will not be selling Jermaine Jenas during the transfer window.

Jose Mourinho revealed earlier on Friday that he was interested in bringing the midfielder to Inter Milan.

However, Redknapp views Jenas as an integral part of his plans and does not want to see him depart at such a crucial stage of the season.

Spurs are involved in a relegation battle and the former Portsmouth boss admits he will need to keep all his players at White Hart Lane this month.

Asked about Jenas, Redknapp told Sky Sports News: "He is one of the best midfield players in the country and I don't want to lose him.

"I need all the players here to be fit and playing well. I can't afford to lose anybody."

Redknapp has been linked with a host of players since watching Inter Milan in action recently but he insists there is no truth in rumours suggesting there could be a swap deal involving Adriano.

He said: "It is a load of rubbish. I went to Italy to watch a game of football and suddenly I'm trying to sign about ten players and get rid of about half the players here, on loan or swapping.

"I never discussed transfers or signing anybody. I went to look at Adriano with people saying he might be available on loan and I watched a game of football, that's all I did.

"I have no players here I want to get rid of, none whatsoever. I haven't got a large squad and I need all the players I have here."

Redknapp also denied claims that he had made an enquiry about Inter striker Hernan Crespo.

"There is not an ounce of truth in it. He played in the game I watched but that's all it was," Redknapp explained.

"I have not made an enquiry for one player who played in the game."

:crying::lol:

And De Jong, who is out of contract with Hamburg in 2010, has himself hinted that he would like the opportunity to join the Eastlands outfit, saying: "Everybody knows that I would like to play for a big club eventually.

"I count Manchester City in that category.

Yeah, fuck off you money grabbing twat. Does he really think people are going to fall for that?

Zaz is the weirdest Spurs fan ever. Jenas is awesome.

As for Palacios, it'd probably mean less playing time for Zokora which would be horrible because we all know how brilliant his mazy runs are, even if they are always, always followed by the most terrible shots you've ever seen.

In about 5% of games, yeah. In the others, it's almost like playing with ten men as he has no effect on the game at all. When he came against Wigan, I saw him involved twice. The first time he passed it straight to the opposition, the second he missed the header for their goal. He was also dreadful in our last league loss beforehand (against Stoke was it? I'm too tired to think back that far >_>). His last good game was against Arsenal and that's pretty much just for his goal. He does do the odd really good, even brilliant, piece of play but most of the time he's rubbish.

Any two of O'Hara, Huddlestone or Zokora in central midfield is better than one that contains Jenas. Jenas on his day can be awesome, but his days are too far apart and he's far too inconsistent.

Zakora's a right cheating tosser.

It was dive, dive, dive against the Albion. Can you honestly say he's a good midfielder when all he did against us was cheat, and we still beat Spurs 2-0?

Yes because although he does enjoy a good dive, that's not all he does. He's a solid defensive midfielder, decent passer, quick and when he gets the ball he has the ability to create things with it, especially when he goes on one of his mazy runs. Maybe you've only ever seen him in that one game because most of the time he's a solid player.