The Inevitable January Transfer Market Topic

Crybaby Bunting

I can't help but feel that Benjani is a much better all round striker than Bellamy. Plus, yesterday West Ham managed to thrash Fulham with Bellamy not even being on the bench, this is a move that's going to benifit neither club (well apart from the whole, stash of money going West Hams's way)

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He isn't even that good. I never understand what people see in him.....he works hard, but is virtually un-heralded for most of his spells at clubs, then plays well for a couple of games and that seemingly makes him a hot property. I wouldn't want him playing for my team.

There's about 20 strikers in the Premier League that are better than Bellamy, and could probably go for far less than Bellamy is apparently going to go for. Michael Owen, for example would be a FAR better player for Man City, he would go for a relatively cheap amount of cash, and even if he doesn't perform/gets injured he'll do until the Summer.

He isn't even that good. I never understand what people see in him.....he works hard, but is virtually un-heralded for most of his spells at clubs, then plays well for a couple of games and that seemingly makes him a hot property. I wouldn't want him playing for my team.

Nor mine. <_<

I remember him best when he was Celtic on loan cause he played against us a couple of times. Almost everyone , including a lot of Celtic fans turned on him straight away because he mocked the Clyde players tiny wages when they played them in the cup. Clyde still won though. :)

Edited by metalman

I like Bellamy because he's Welsh. But he's not worth what City will end up forking out for him.

He does come across as a bit of a moaning bastard, who has a substantial amount of pace. To be honest, I'm not sure what else he offers. A couple of court cases and match bans maybe.

The problem with him is that whenever he seems to come up against the bigger sides, they tend to be able to contain him quite easily. United have done it for ages, and so have Chelsea, barring the goal he got against them. ¬_¬

I just find it hard to see why he's so good when you look beyond the pace he has.

EDIT: I may be being a bit harsh here, and if a West Ham fan or someone else who knows more about Bellamy came on and said he's done this and that in certain games, my view my change. I'm talking from the times I've seen him play. Really fast, always offside, moans at the ref's and line-o's even more than Wayne Rooney.

Edited by Badd-ugh

I don't care if it's not true, I like the rumour that Harry Redknapp and Mark Hughes have struck a 'gentleman's agreement' which means Spurs pull out of the chase for Bellamy and Man City leave Palacios to us. We'd have got the best of that if true.

Oh, and we could do with another defender now that Ledley King has torn his hamstring and is going to be out for ages again. Higher priority than another striker I think.

Edited by AD

I really don't know what Man City are thinking of with Bellamy. Their attack is in fine shape as it is and fair enough if they were after someone like Wayne Rooney or any other world class player who would improve any squad, but this is Craig fucking Bellamy. Unless this is Hughes being allowed to buy one of his Wales guys to keep him happy while the megarich owners get a chubby by going after Kaka.

The problem with him is that whenever he seems to come up against the bigger sides, they tend to be able to contain him quite easily. United have done it for ages, and so have Chelsea, barring the goal he got against them. ¬_¬

I just find it hard to see why he's so good when you look beyond the pace he has.

EDIT: I may be being a bit harsh here, and if a West Ham fan or someone else who knows more about Bellamy came on and said he's done this and that in certain games, my view my change. I'm talking from the times I've seen him play. Really fast, always offside, moans at the ref's and line-o's even more than Wayne Rooney.

He ravaged Chelsea at the Bridge this season, that's the only big match performance I can remember from him.