Now That's What I Call A Music Thread: 2009

YI

Oooh, link me. :shifty: I love the original. The singer has the cutest voice. :wub: Okay, maybe not as cute as the bird from The Postmarks, but still pretty damn cute.

Just got hold of it. I really like it. Speaking of Kyte apparently their album and EP are both sold out in the UK. I know they'd have limited pressings (the EP especially) but that's pretty nuts. Which kind of explains why they've put the EP on "Science For The Living", which is being released over here later in the year. Still not really 100% sure about that album, it has some great tunes, but it doesn't flow well because it's really chopped and changed from different places/recording sessions. Plus I feel they had much better tunes floating around which haven't been included like; "ihnfsa", "Like She Said", "Each Life Critical", "The Ceiling Seems To Disappear" and "The Art Of Sunset". All of which are absolutely outstanding tracks.

Plus they have t-shirts for sale...they're a bit dull. If they'd been the self-titled 'birds' design/logo I'd have been all over them, black on white...but they're the new band 'logo' from "Science For The Living", and just plain. :(

I still hate myself for not seeing them last summer at Head Of Steam for £4...cos my 'quite like' has developed into a full on throbbing erection for them. :shifty:

They actually have a remix page as well;

http://www.myspace.com/kyteremixes

They have remixes of; "Cradle" by The Joy Formidable, "The Lucky One" by Au Revoir Simone, "Moving To New York" by Wombats, no idea who "The Red Song" is by and google tells me "Owl In The Dark" is by Stephanie Dosen.

"The Red Song" is seemingly by a band called The Late Parade, who like Peter Broderick. Good on them. :D

Edited by YI

New Rx Bandits album has no horns. :( I mean, they're far from your regular ska band these days, but when ska bands drop horns it tends to turn to shit. Hopefully it doesn't just become another Sound Of Animals Fighting clusterfuck. :( It better leak soon.

Still contemplating going to Defiance, Ohio a week tomorrow. The line-up is great (Madeline and ONSIND as support), I can get there for cheap enough, but a mixture of the fact it's slap bang in the middle of my exams and the venue's an absolute cunt to get to from the train station (like a good 15 minute walk). My gut and head says not to see them...but my heart says to go, seeing as along with Against Me! they were the band that got me into folk-punk. :(

Edited by YI

What's the thoughts on Volbeat? Had them recommended to me, so checked them out. I'm really liking them. They're like some weird Danish heavy metal come ARENA ROCK Springsteen come rockabilly band, have some great tunes. They seem to be classified as 'metal' everywhere, although for the most part I get a much more punky vibe from their songs (right down to the Matt Skiba twinge in his voice). Some quality tracks, a little hit and miss though;

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoid=56448780 - "We"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSJ_lHBOmfI - "Back To Prom"

- "Mabellene I Hofteholder"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqcnAgC6CbQ - "Guitar Gansters & Cadillac Blood"

"Back To Prom" is so out of the pop-punk playbook, it's glorious.

Edited by YI

Any of you guys fans of Mago De Oz? They are Spanish Folk Rock/Metal. Ive recently got into them and im love (L)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hlBhad8lh0 - Diabulus In Musica

- Costa Del Silencio (My favorite song by them)

- Posada De Los Muertos (The video is class, the band getting drunk with muppets!)

Any of you guys fans of Mago De Oz? They are Spanish Folk Rock/Metal. Ive recently got into them and im love (L)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hlBhad8lh0 - Diabulus In Musica

- Costa Del Silencio (My favorite song by them)

- Posada De Los Muertos (The video is class, the band getting drunk with muppets!)

Las Ketchup?

THEY'RE ON A BOAT! THEY'RE ON A BOAT! ALEXISONFIRE ARE ON A MOTHERUFUCKING BOAT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa58Bnpy2XQ

Fucking wonderful video!

Must admit, it's grown on me a lot since I first heard it. The less screamy, raspy kind of growl thing works quite well.

Yeah, I'm loving it too. The fact they're seemingly pulling double duty at Leeds is awesome too. Alexisonfire, Funeral For A Friend, Deftones, Fall Out Boy, Placebo on the main stage...that's some fucking day. Although there's some good stuff low down on the Lock-Up that I'd quite like to see and might have to miss, like Riverboat Gamblers...actually, that day low down on the Lock-Up isn't AWESOME!!...I actually really like how they've spread Leeds this year, it really works...man...oh shit...I might/will have to choose between Bouncing Souls/Alexisonfire (in the Lock Up) and Placebo...NOOO!!! :( :( :( :( Shit. :( :( :(

And yeah, really looking forward to the album. Even if it's on Roadrunner...and whenever a band signs to Roadrunner they turn to shit. :shifty:

Fuck, even Dream Theater turn to shit when signing to Roadrunner. :(

Edited by YI

Yes. The single version's a bit more fleshed out if you know what I mean by that.

Oh and another thing - top five Prince songs of the last five years in order of excellence:

1. Cinnamon Girl

2. The One U Wanna C

3. Guitar

4. Musicology

5. Resolution

Edited by metalman

Actually, that's not the single version, it's the 'original version/demo version' or something. Yeah, it's on the single, but the main version on the single is still the album version, if you catch my drift. It's not like "Skeleton Boy" by Friendly Fires where they just totally re-did it. It's fleshed out, doesn't cool riff isn't as great. They've switched to doing that version live now, for a 'bigger' sound I guess now they're playing bigger places.

Album version -

'Original version' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVvwjKIum0I

Album version all the way for me. Although it's nice to see them switching up arrangements when I see them live. 1st they did album, 2nd time they did 'original'. Just like I think the arrangement to "Soul Meets Body" was different the second time too.

Their "World Shut Your Mouth" cover from the single is pretty snazzy too.

Edited by YI

Oooh, link me. :shifty: I love the original. The singer has the cutest voice. :wub: Okay, maybe not as cute as the bird from The Postmarks, but still pretty damn cute.

Just got hold of it. I really like it. Speaking of Kyte apparently their album and EP are both sold out in the UK. I know they'd have limited pressings (the EP especially) but that's pretty nuts. Which kind of explains why they've put the EP on "Science For The Living", which is being released over here later in the year. Still not really 100% sure about that album, it has some great tunes, but it doesn't flow well because it's really chopped and changed from different places/recording sessions. Plus I feel they had much better tunes floating around which haven't been included like; "ihnfsa", "Like She Said", "Each Life Critical", "The Ceiling Seems To Disappear" and "The Art Of Sunset". All of which are absolutely outstanding tracks.

Plus they have t-shirts for sale...they're a bit dull. If they'd been the self-titled 'birds' design/logo I'd have been all over them, black on white...but they're the new band 'logo' from "Science For The Living", and just plain. :(

I still hate myself for not seeing them last summer at Head Of Steam for £4...cos my 'quite like' has developed into a full on throbbing erection for them. :shifty:

They actually have a remix page as well;

http://www.myspace.com/kyteremixes

They have remixes of; "Cradle" by The Joy Formidable, "The Lucky One" by Au Revoir Simone, "Moving To New York" by Wombats, no idea who "The Red Song" is by and google tells me "Owl In The Dark" is by Stephanie Dosen.

"The Red Song" is seemingly by a band called The Late Parade, who like Peter Broderick. Good on them. :D

oh sweet. i checked out the original version of cradles. different to what i expected, but awesome nontheless