Daily Show/Colbert Report Thread

sahyder1

Can't believe there isn't one already. Gotta say John Oliver has been brilliant ever since he came on to the show. Larry Wilmore I can't figure why they don't use him more because his stuff is gold all the time. Haven't really caught much of Colbert lately but his stuff with Alan Colmes was brilliant.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colmes free since '09!

who were the guests last night? The last episodes I watched had Jimmy Carter on the Daily Show and some pastor on Colbert.

Yeah, but I don't think the videos work for non-North American residents. You could always go through a proxy and watch them though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For us guys in the UK they show the daily show on 4oD.

I was pissing myself laughing when Stewart was comparing the gifts Gordon Brown and Barrack Obama gave eachother. Seriously, DVD's? Please.

For us guys in the UK they show the daily show on 4oD.

I was pissing myself laughing when Stewart was comparing the gifts Gordon Brown and Barrack Obama gave eachother. Seriously, DVD's? Please.

On that note, how do you get 4oD to work? I've downloaded the software and installed it but it just doesn't open.

Check the help on the 4oD website I suppose. I had trouble with mine because of upgrading to the most recent version of windows media player. I couldn't download it from windows, for some reason >_>, so I had to find a fix.

You could always try finding the episodes on sidereel.com. Other than that, I can't help matey.

To some extent. I'm obviously biased towards Stewart, but I still can't see CNBC's side.

It's that he's cherry picking. That he would never show the right predictions they make, only the really bad ones. And the horrible cable news media is running with this completely. Good lord broadcast journalism is awful.

FYI, Jim Cramer is on The Daily Show tomorrow (March 12).

To some extent. I'm obviously biased towards Stewart, but I still can't see CNBC's side.

It's that he's cherry picking. That he would never show the right predictions they make, only the really bad ones. And the horrible cable news media is running with this completely. Good lord broadcast journalism is awful.

I can't tell if you're complaining that Stewart cherry picks or if you're mocking them for complaining that Stewart cherry picks, considering Stewart's job is essentially to cherry pick in the first place >_>

I'm assuming the latter, would that be correct? :shifty:

Maybe my sarcasm detector is not working properly but considering who made the post I don' think it its.......what the hell are you talking about? Cramer is a fraud. If you've ever caught even a glimpse of of his show you'll catch it immediately. The economy is bad right now....really bad. CNBC and especially Cramer have been horrible with their stock picks. What else were you expecting?

Maybe my sarcasm detector is not working properly but considering who made the post I don' think it its.......what the hell are you talking about? Cramer is a fraud. If you've ever caught even a glimpse of of his show you'll catch it immediately. The economy is bad right now....really bad. CNBC and especially Cramer have been horrible with their stock picks. What else were you expecting?

I was explaining what CNBC's argument was. I honestly could not care less. I know nothing about Jim Cramer or CNBC and only learned of this "feud" because Politico had a clip of it up and I've watched The Daily Show the past few nights. It's pretty funny that CNBC is getting so in a tizzy over this and how they're throwing the weight of the Peacock behind and Cramer, and everybody else is glomming on the coverage. To his credit, Jon Stewart realizes how ridiculous the whole thing is and is not taking it seriously at all.

I was explaining what CNBC's argument was. I honestly could not care less. I know nothing about Jim Cramer or CNBC and only learned of this "feud" because Politico had a clip of it up and I've watched The Daily Show the past few nights. It's pretty funny that CNBC is getting so in a tizzy over this and how they're throwing the weight of the Peacock behind and Cramer, and everybody else is glomming on the coverage. To his credit, Jon Stewart realizes how ridiculous the whole thing is and is not taking it seriously at all.

Ah, okay, latter then. Thought so.

Yeah, Stewart's not going to take this seriously by any stretch. We might see him get serious when Cramer comes on his show, but for the most part I'm fairly certain he's just enjoying how worked up they're getting over his show, which while indeed a show that reports the news, is a show that's on Comedy Central and is touted as a comedy show.

Speaking of, anyone excited about Cramer going onto the Daily Show? I'm not expecting a war to break out or anything, but I think it's certainly going to be entertaining, though perhaps even slightly uncomfortable, to watch.