Pro Evolution 2009 vs. FIFA 2009

IAceI

Which one?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Pro Evolution Soccer 2009
    • FIFA 2009

Now actually read this before you pick you're favourite and tell me to buy that.

I want a football game, Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 came with the console. FIFA I don't own. The problem is, I've got a scratch on the PES09 disc which has rendered it useless, T-Cut to the disc didn't solve the problem so I'm without PES09. Now given the X-Box 360's handy-dandy load to the hard drive feature what I can actually do is rent the game for a couple of quid, copying it my HD and I should be able to play it even with the scratched disc in my console and play it as normal.

Or I can buy FIFA 2009 for £40 or so. I've played it before and I do enjoy it. Money is a little bit of an issue as well and I can't really go get it until later in the month, whereas I could probably get PES and be back playing it tomorrow if I like.

Now I do enjoy a bit of an online game. I know Spee has PES and so does Summers, so it's there for me to play online and stuff. Think a couple more have it as well possibly. FIFA on the other hand has Whisper and a few others, and is apparently a bit more reliable online but I can't really say that for myself with certainty. I also have my Be A Legend game on PES which obviously I would lose should I go to FIFA, not a massive thing but I did quite enjoy playing it.

So what should I do? Wait and get FIFA later in the month, or just get Pro Evo back up and running for cheaper and be able to do it in the next couple of days probably?

FIFA on the other hand has Whisper and a few others, and is apparently a bit more reliable online but I can't really

Trust me, it's a LOT more reliable online. Most games seem play through like you're sitting next to the person you're playing against.

As far as offline modes go, neither really boast all that much. The CL Mode on PES should be a lot better than it is, and so should the Manager Mode on FIFA. The Master League on PES has been pretty much the same for 4 years now.

FIFA definitely feels a lot more real than PES this year. The animations and collision system give it a feel of realism and unpredictability, in that when you tackle a player, he won't fall the same way nearly every time, like they do on Pro Evo. Graphically, FIFA is much better, although PES' faces are much better, I'll admit.

If you've played both already, you'll probably know which one you prefer. I just think that if you have any desire to play a football game online, then FIFA needs to be the one you choose.

I've played PES a couple of times online, Legends mode with Whisper and we didn't really have a problem as such. Whisper did lose connection at one point, but he's lost connection in NHL before so I figure that's more a problem on his end than PES'. And it was quite fun playing online with him and we had some good matches, so that wasn't a massive problem.

But at the same time, NHL 09 is a phenomenal game and if EA has got that trend going with FIFA as well. Couple with if I can actually get it for £20 or less, and Whisper wants me to get it for whatever reason, then I figure FIFA is the best option. PES I played because it came with the console, but I really got into it and started to enjoy it and think it was really good. And the price always put me off FIFA, but if I can get it quite cheap I feel FIFA may have to be the option, but i'll let you keep saying what you want and take it all into consideration.