Games that made you go ooooooooooooooh

Mirror's Edge is totally one of mine, just the whole experience is quality, espicially with everything that's going on around you. Also, in The Bourne Conspiracy after completing one of the missions some of the cut scene's are fantastic. And some online COD4/5 moments, too.

Yeah so, continuation on the Fallout 3 vault leaving shenanigans. I heard love for BioShock so I am going to cash in on that too. The last ending boss fight in Mass Effect as well, the scene and environment is just so immense and so great. Even the scale you are fighting at is cool. That game had some damn cool cutscenes, I must admit.

I agree with the near-end split screen MGS4 love.

Also:

REX vs RAY!

Oblivion was the first PS3 game I played. I was allowed to borrow a console from work for a week and a game with it so I chose Oblivion so of course it was just far too amazing when I got to see the full external environment and just wander around as it was more than a little better than the PS2.

When my week loan was up I traded in my PS2, nearly all my games, my DS Lite, Guitar Heros with Guitar etc etc and got that preowned PS3 with my save game already on it ready to continue. I'd been staying up until 3am every morning just playing it.

Also when I traded my copy of the game in for the Game Of The Year version and got to play the Shivering Isles that was another big wow with the guy you first talk to, then the room turns into stained glass butterflies and explodes everywhere leaving you standing in this strange new world. Fantastic.

The siege of Milan during a Crusade in Medieval 2: Total War. Thousands of troops from four different armies pouring into the streets of the city, bodies laying everywhere after the carnage was finished. The Milan defense force battling to the last man as they're pushed further and further back into the city square. Epic stuff.

Several moments in Oblivion - the cave exit, the intro to Shivering Isles, basically most of Shivering Isles in fact because that was awesome, and the end of Knights of the Nine. I loved Knights of the Nine, as the second time I played through I did a wizard/mage character with a custom class I called "Maia" and spent much of it roleplaying to an extent in a vaguely Lord of the Rings way. KotN was easily the best part of that, especially the bit where my character died fighting Umaril and was reborn in 'white' form. <_<

Silent Hill - just, the entire game. Amazing.

The ending of Assassin's Creed was totally mind-fucking, not that the original twist 15 minutes in wasn't either.

And every Final Fantasy game's opening 15-20 minutes always leave me completely blown away.

Cliche seemingly, but leaving the vault in Fallout 3.

As for another one to throw out, and I guess I should put it in spoilers, even though most people will know far more than just this, but FF7

When you get to the top of the Shinra HQ, and you find the President of the company dead, with a sword in his back. The reason? I was young, and it was one of the first RPG's I played, and with that one moment, and the subsequent change in story impressed me with the sheer scope it opened up.

As for another one to throw out, and I guess I should put it in spoilers, even though most people will know far more than just this, but FF7

When you get to the top of the Shinra HQ, and you find the President of the company dead, with a sword in his back. The reason? I was young, and it was one of the first RPG's I played, and with that one moment, and the subsequent change in story impressed me with the sheer scope it opened up.

That makes me think of another FF7 moment, when you're in the overworld and have to fight that big snake in the marshes and it can do a ton of damage to you and kill you in one hit. Then later you go through and it's dead with the aformentioned sword in it.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

The part where you go to Kakariko Village and it's just engulfed with flames. I mean, just the realization of it all was great.

Super Smash Brothers Melee

Adventure Mode. I beat Bowser in quite the easy fight, then, wha? Giga Bowser??? I mean, he was easy to beat as well, but just for a few seconds I was like damn...

That makes me think of another FF7 moment, when you're in the overworld and have to fight that big snake in the marshes and it can do a ton of damage to you and kill you in one hit. Then later you go through and it's dead with the aformentioned sword in it.

The Midgar Zolom.

I hated that when you went back later in the game to do Chocobo training, the Zolom(s) in the marshes were weak as hell.