Bright Eyes

METALMAN

I think we should discuss them because they are the 3rd best band ever and really do not get the mentions they deserve.

My favourite Bright Eyes album is probably "Cassadaga" which is as you may know their most recent effort. I like all of their albums though of course.

My favourites would be Cassadaga > I'm Wide Awake It's Morning > Fevers & Mirrors > Lifted Or The Story Is In The Soil Keep Your Ear To The Ground

They also do Landlocked Blues(also known as One Foot In Front Of The Other) which is one of my favourite ever songs. As is "Lua", "Soul Singer In A Session Band", "The City Has Sex", "You Will. You?Will. You? Will. You?Will.", "I Must Belong Somewhere" and "Noone Would Riot For Less".

Please don't talk about Art Garfunkel here eh?

I've never considered Oberst to be the phenomenal songwriter that I know some people think he is, and to be honest I don't like Bright Eyes very much, but between "The Calendar Hung Itself" and "Lover I Don't Have To Love", there's more fucking brilliance than most bands could ever hope for.

The main reason I love Bright Eyes so much is that they are just one of those bands that carries memories for me. I'm sure the rest of you know what I mean by that. I have so many good memories of happy times and Bright Eyes seems to be the soundtrack to a great deal of them which is a significant reason why I love them so much.

That might sound like total rubbish but I hope somebody gets what I'm going on about.