Your Clubs Pre Season Friendlies

As a Loyal Spurs fan and a season ticket holder for next season i am intrested in the signings Santini has made and how they will fit into the squad he has and for the first 20 - 25 mins against Rangers we were acceptable. Keano goes down injured and any chance of a win in this game or any other until he returns are minimal . Pedro Mendes plays a bit like Ginola . Sean Davis we know about . Robinson great saves and finally a keeper that can take a goal kick .

Overall I Would say spurs are going for an average season yet again

What about your club ?

Edited by The Slickman

They kicked ass in the first few games, then got their asses kicked against Betis <_<

Results:

Carouge 0 - 2 Benfica

Zaragoza 0 - 1 Benfica

Marseille 0 - 2 Benfica

Benfica 2 - 2 Real Madrid

Betis 3 - 0 Benfica <_<

Other than the last game, I was pleased by Benfica's exhibitions, especially against Real. We actually dominated the game and had more than two times their number of shots. Hopefully this last game was just a misshap and Benfica will maintain their good form.

Edited by Y2Johnny

We've had a good pre-season campaign.

Rangers 4 - 1 Roma

Rangers 3 - 1 Scunthorpe

Fulham 0 - 1 Rangers

Rangers 2 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur

We play Newcastle today and I can see us getting a win there.

Arsenal have done very well pre-season. I'm impressed with what I've seen of van Persie, and Jeffers actually looks as though he might want to be there! The best thing is that we're fielding the young players, giving them a shot in the lime-light I guess, so they get to show what they're about.

Haven't done too bad as far as I've noticed. Lost 2-1 at home to Spurs in the traditional opener and have done k against a lot of 2nd and 3rd division teams picking up the odd win. Boston Monday night, should be my first look at the lads in the flesh this season and a chance to see Gazza play for the first time since '91 \o/

Haven't done too bad as far as I've noticed.  Lost 2-1 at home to Spurs in the traditional opener and have done k against a lot of 2nd and 3rd division teams picking up the odd win.  Boston Monday night, should be my first look at the lads in the flesh this season and a chance to see Gazza play for the first time since '91 \o/

*Hits the screen with anger* Damn you i have only seen Gazza play in a testimonial for 20 mins before he was shattered . He is my footballing hero . Where abouts is Boston United In England ?

Where abouts is Boston United In England ?

Lincolnshire, near the coast. Basically as far north/south as Nottingham is, and go directly east almost until you hit the water. Right next to the Wash, in fact.

Well Rangers fucked up a lot today, lost 4-2 to Newcastle. Played really badly the opening 40 minutes or so, with Marvin Andrews looking like a pile of shite. In fact a pile of shite would have been more effective.

Sheffield Wednesday 3-2 Preston

Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Watford (Watford won 5-4 on penalties)

Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 York City

Sheffield Wednesday 0-1 Birmingham

Sheffield Wednesday 2-2 Bolton Wanderers (today)

Overall I'm VERY pleased with what we've done in pre-season, to say we finished pretty badly in division 2 last season. Hopefully we can continue like this into the season.

Stevenage 3 - 0 Boston

Blkoody good performance, although some would say "It's a friendly so it doesn't matter" I'd disagree. Boston were clearly up for this as were Boro' baring in mind it was the dress rehersal for the leagues season and we took the piss out of them. Gazza didn't play which might be why Boston weren't very creative but still, they were outclassed.

18 year old George Boyd is definately going to be a big star with the right development, simply amazing stuff. Even though the class was lower you could here Boston fans proclaiming similarities with a certain young Portuguese player...

Seeing as we lost eleven players over the summer and have brought in ten new ones you can't complain with the results and after being very worried come religation last season about what could happen in Division 1 I am now confident that winning the league is very much a possibility.

Winners are in bold...

Leicester City 4 - 2 Real Mallorca

Leicester City 1 - 0 East Bengal

Kilmarnock 2 - 3 Leicester City

Partick Thisle 0 - 1 Leicester City

St Johnstone 0 - 2 Leicester City

MK Dons 2 - 4 Leicester City

Barnsley 2 - 1 Leicester City

FC Espoo 0 - 3 Leicester City

Levadia 2 - 3 Leicester City

Kettering Town 1 - 1 Leicester City

Shepsted 0 - 5 Leicester City

So thats: 1 Loss, 1 Draw and 9 Wins. Not bad at all.

I am really looking forward to Saturday now and seeing how it all comes together against West Ham - and hopefully overall a return to the Premiership next year.

Colchester United have done very well this pre season. Only one loss and that was to West Ham. Pardew said that he reckons we'll be a top 6 side this year and that was backed up by Parky who said without the cup runs last year we would have probably reached the play offs. Last year we played a total of 61 games which I think was the highest amount out of the 4 leagues. So its no wonder we tailed off a bit towards the end of the season. Anyway this year I'm hoping we can get a spot in the playoffs.

Leeds have done well, our results are:

Boden 0-2 Leeds

Pitea 0-1 Leeds

Oldham 0-0 Leeds

Mansfield 2-0 Leeds

Leeds 2-2 Valencia

Darlington 2-4 Leeds

Hibs 1-3 Leeds

and York tonight. That's 4 wins out of 7, and a draw with Valencia. We have a decent first divison squad and should make the top 6. Our squad (I think) will be

Sullivan

Kelly

Duberry

Butler

Some Polish Bloke

Cadamarti

Spring

Wright

Pugh

Joachim

Ricketts

Then Deane, Carson, Walton, Radebe and Guppy on the bench, but I could be wrong.

Not done too badyl, most of the games we lost we where playing the youth/reserve teams.

Tour Of Holland

Top Oss 2 - 2 Hartlepool

FC Eindhoven 1 - 2 Hartlepool

Domestic

Billingham Town 0 - 4 Hartlepool

Tour Of Scotland

Ross County 2 - 0 Hartlepool

Inverness 1 - 1 Hartlepool

Berwick Rangers 1 - 2 Hartlepool

Domestic

Carlisle United 1 -3 Hartlepool

Whitby Town 3-1 Hartlepool