Sonisphere Festival (the Knebworth one)

Matt

OK, so more bands have just been announced for this and now I really want to go but 160 for 2 days, plus it being the other side of the fucking country.

Bands previously announced:

Metallica

Linkin Park

Mastodon

Lamb of God

Bands announced today:

Avenged Sevenfold

Alice in Chains

Machine Head

Thin Lizzy (Tribute :shifty:)

The Sword

Bands who appeared temporarily on the press page and were then pulled down:

Prodigy

Slipknot

Nine Inch Nails

And apparently some other big bands to join them... This looks to be quite possibly the best festival ever, however I hope they do balance it out a little by putting on a few "rock" bands rather than making it "PUREEEE METALLLLLL!"

OK, so more bands have just been announced for this and now I really want to go but 160 for 2 days, plus it being the other side of the fucking country.

Metallica

Linkin Park

Mastodon

Lamb of God

Bands announced today:

Avenged Sevenfold

Alice in Chains

Machine Head

The Sword

Prodigy

Slipknot

Nine Inch Nails

And apparently some other big bands to join them... This looks to be quite possibly the best festival ever, however I hope they do balance it out a little by putting on a few "rock" bands rather than making it "PUREEEE METALLLLLL!"

That's the only thing I heard when I said yes :wub:

I'd rather go to this than to Download this year, it's just the cost and the fact I have no one to go with.

If I wasn't going to a wedding, you know I'd go. :)

• 2 weeks later...

New announcement today :D

Metallica

Linkin Park

Mastodon

Lamb of God]

Avenged Sevenfold

Alice in Chains

Machine Head

The Sword

Bands announced today

Nine Inch Nails

Anthrax

Killing Joke

Airbourne

Prodigy

Slipknot

I've heard rumours of KoRn too but I dunno if that's just people picking names from the European dates and assuming they might play. Also, Sonisphere Forums are up.

• 1 month later...

Just announced:

Feeder

Taking Back Sunday

Skindred

Frank Turner

Big fat meh. Feeder I'd like to see again, the others, I'd rather not really, never heard skindred but I don't think it'd be my thing, can't stand TBS and saw Frank Turner at Leeds and thought he was the epitome of dullness (or at least I think it was him, I was pretty drunk at this point).

Also, they've been doing a thing where they randomly hide USB sticks at gigs and if you find them you win 2 free (VIP?) tickets, so far they've done it at The Sword, B4MV and Metallica, and today the clues to where it is indicate that it's at the AC/DC gig, plus there's a major act to be announced next week (but it should have been with this one). So I'm going to put 2 and 2 together and say that AC/DC are going to be playing the same slot as Nine Inch Nails (sub-headliners) on the other day.

...Frank Turner...dullness!?!?!?! Were you in the same Lock-Up tent I was, the busiest it was outside of a headline act, just about everyone singing along?

See, I can understand the Million Dead fans and those who loved his older stuff who can bash his lyrical content/musical direction etc. But I've seen him more or less perform the same show 3-times in a year, and I'd happily see it again, he's got a fantastic aura about him, he's amazing live.

Edited by YI

...Frank Turner...dullness!?!?!?! Were you in the same Lock-Up tent I was, the busiest it was outside of a headline act, just about everyone singing along?

See, I can understand the Million Dead fans and those who loved his older stuff who can bash his lyrical content/musical direction etc. But I've seen him more or less perform the same show 3-times in a year, and I'd happily see it again, he's got a fantastic aura about him, he's amazing live.

He played saturday afternoon about the same time as Dizzee Rascal, right?

He played saturday afternoon about the same time as Dizzee Rascal, right?

Not sure, but if it was an acoustic guy (with a band) in the Lock-Up, and the place was packed, then it would be him, as there was nobody else who played an acoustic on the bill.

I don't remember it being acoustic... The place was pretty packed but it wasn't as full as Trio on Sunday... it probably wasn't Frank Turner then <_<

Edit: After youtubing him, it probably wasn't him, that guy sounds funky.

Edited by Footjob Fever

May have been The Briggs. I can't really remember what sort of turnout they had, but I left Dizzee Rascal (well lying in the sun paying no attention to Dizzee Rascal) after a couple of songs to go see them.

• 2 months later...