NFL 2009

livid

I know that was his point, but it's a stupid one by just saying three players can make an offense. He's basically saying if they're good enough like the triplets were then they can make an offense but the Bills clan is nowhere near as good so those three or four players are not going to make the team into a Super Bowl contender.

The Bills should be a competitive team this season. They will be in a dog fight for the playoffs and will need a lot of help to get their, but at the very least they will be an entertaining team. Hopefully they can win 10 games, which would put them right in the thick of the fight for the wild card. The Patriots are better, and I can't see them being better then a lot of the other good teams in the AFC, but they could find themselves with a shot in the final weeks. That would be enough for me.

I think it was more of the point that three players can make an offense.

Even then, he forgot to mention Johnston, Harper, Novacek .....

Not to mention Stepnoski, Tuinei, Newton, and the rest of one of the greatest lines in history. Emmitt would have never sniffed Payton's record without those beasts in front of him.

Three players do not make an offense.

Aikman, Smith, and Irvin say hello.

Are you kidding me? JStarr and HttK already made the point, but what a ridiculous thing to claim. Without a stellar line, Smith's not going to get anywhere, Aikman won't have time to throw and Irvin has no time to get open. sure, those three were prolific, but stick them with the Dallas line of 2008 and see how far they'd get. Assuming that they could actually get a play off with False Start Flozell jumping off all the time.

Getcha popcorn ready.

If he cant handle Pro Bowlers like Steve Young, Jeff Garcia, Donovan McNabb, and Tony Romo, he's gonna eat Trent Edwards alive.

He didn't have any problems with Steve Young...

LOL @ Buffalo being a contender. A wildcard contender, at best. They're the third best team in that division, and there are two to three teams that could contend for the playoffs in each of the other AFC divisions.

That's what I am saying. This moves them from being out of the playoffs by Week 14 to having a shot at the playoffs. They will need some luck and help from the other teams in the AFC to do it, but now they have a long shot chance. New England is the best team in the division, but Buffalo might be able to do well against Miami and New York.

I don't see him mentioning the word talent in there once. And you can have all the talent in the world (Dallas) and still not be relevant.

Is it sad that the while the Raiders apparently have more talent than the Bills that the Bills have a better shot at making the playoffs and are in a far superior division?

The Raiders have more talent than the Buffalo Bills, and more young talent than 90% of the league. Talent has never been Oakland's problem, its leadership.

Go back to being EWB's answer to Chris Mortenson, and leave actual thoughts on football to the experts.

You're not an expert. You're a fan just like him, a less annoying fan, but a fan.

This still doesn't have anything to do with the fact that my fanhood has nothing to do with what I know about football. The fact that you also seem unable to see this fact, and instead, resort to backing up VENDETTA of all people on this point mean I can, from this point forward, dismiss you, when, previously, I had actually respected your opinion. Good job.

Also, no, it isn't sad, because the Raiders have a better chance of making the playoffs because they are in a weaker division, have a better QB, a better defense, and a better running game. Does that make you sad?

EDIT: Rocksta, I never said I was an expert. I was originally going to word that sentence differently, and changed my mind. However, the fact remains that, when you insult someone's fanhood instead of trying to debate the point at hand, which would be 'the Buffalo Bills are a contender/are not a contender because...', you lose ALL credibility. My Raider fanhood has nothing to do with what I do or do not know about football, and that kind of insult is the last vestige of an idiot.

Besides, if I remember correctly, Vendetta is a Bucs fan, and, if we were to play his little game, what team was it that knocked them out of the playoffs? Oh, yeah, the 'woeful' Oakland Raiders.

Edited by DMN

This still doesn't have anything to do with the fact that my fanhood has nothing to do with what I know about football. The fact that you also seem unable to see this fact, and instead, resort to backing up VENDETTA of all people on this point mean I can, from this point forward, dismiss you, when, previously, I had actually respected your opinion. Good job.

Also, no, it isn't sad, because the Raiders have a better chance of making the playoffs because they are in a weaker division, have a better QB, a better defense, and a better running game. Does that make you sad?

Doesn't make me sad at all to know that you're a homer. All of those "better" players are debateable. Edwards and Russell are about even, Lynch is probably the more polished runner out of the RBs though I will give the edge to McFadden in terms of talent but he needs to show that this year. And the Bills defense was 14th last year in total defensive yards and points where as Oakland was 27th in defensive yards and 24th in points.

EDIT: Rocksta, I never said I was an expert. I was originally going to word that sentence differently, and changed my mind. However, the fact remains that, when you insult someone's fanhood instead of trying to debate the point at hand, which would be 'the Buffalo Bills are a contender/are not a contender because...', you lose ALL credibility. My Raider fanhood has nothing to do with what I do or do not know about football, and that kind of insult is the last vestige of an idiot.

Besides, if I remember correctly, Vendetta is a Bucs fan, and, if we were to play his little game, what team was it that knocked them out of the playoffs? Oh, yeah, the 'woeful' Oakland Raiders.

I wasn't implying that fanhood had anything to do with Vendatta's praise towards the Bills or your dismissal. When you said to leave it to the experts you implied that you were an expert.

I didn't mean fan to insinuate bias I meant fan as literally a follower of sports. It wasn't an insult at all.

I agree with your point, the Bills will most likely not make the playoffs. However your ego overshadows any football knowledge you may have and simply makes you look like a prick.

Won't argue that my ego makes me look like a prick, if thats how you feel. I y'am what I y'am, and that all that I y'am.

JaMarcus Russell has MUCH better physical tools than Trent Edwards. This shouldn't even be debatable. Edwards also has had better targets than Russell thus far, Lee Evans is better than any wideout Oakland has, beyond a healthy Javon Walker, which didn't happen last year. Zach Miller is a great TE, but I can't argue him versus the Bill's TE because I'm not sure who that is.

As for the RB situation, Lynch is probably the best individual, but I'll take the three headed monster of McFadden, Fargas, and Bush over him. I said running game, not running back for a reason.

Oakland's defense was down last year, and, without Rob Ryan will probably not be the same as it has been, but, for the last few years, it has been a top defense hindered by a horrible offense.

I do not think I am being a homer to argue that the Raiders are a better team than Buffalo.

But they aren't a better team.

And Trent Edwards has played well when healthy. Edwards is the better QB hands down. Russell may have the better arm, but Edwards makes the better decisions, better reads ect.

IF pure physical tools where all thats needed to be a star QB, Daunte Culpepper would still be relevant, Tavaris Jackson would a star, Matt Lienart would be starting in Arizona.

To be a good QB you need both, Mental and Physical barameters. Edwards is by far the better QB, his arm may not be as strong but that doesn't make him a worse QB because if it did, Craig Nall would Jamarcus Russell would be going head to head for the MVP and both would be pro-bowlers.

And i missed where you said running game. I'll give Bush,Fargas and McFadden over Buffalo's, but Buffalo's Defense has played better recently.

The Bills will be in the playoffs and can do some damage. Evans/TO/Lynch is just as good if not better then Fitzgerald/Boldin/Warner. And Trent Edwards won't make a ton of stupid mistakes, this could be there year, if they get in they can do damage.