Reading/Leeds Festival

YI

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they fuck.

It's music for people that don't suddenly decide to hate a good solid band with three good albums(fourth album was mediocre) behind them purely because they had a number one single.

It's the people that were introduced to them through "Sex on Fire" that do that sort of thing. It's not the band's fault at all. I do concede that they are somewhat unremarkable and hardly the mostly original band out there. However, Faith No More are hardly the most exciting band out there either.

Edited by metalman

Faith No More have a more original sound than KOL... and for the record, I've never liked Kings of Leon, the fact that I now have to put up with listening to them everyday around college and have to be repeatedly told they're one of the best new bands around just adds to my dislike of them.

Someone banging pots and pans with their cock is an 'original sound', don't make it fucking good.

Faith No More bore me to shit...only thing of patton's I like is Peeping Tom. Fuck I don't really like KOL much, but they're a festival closing band and a fucking half!

Edited by YI

Faith No More added. Apparently there's going to be another announcement tonight (word on the grapevine/the fact the poster hasn't been updated, but FNM are added to the "Line-Up" section)...Dance Tent/last main stage bands, one would presume.

Pulled Apart By Horses are on at 12:45 on the Friday (Leeds)/Saturday (Reading)...gonna clash with Polar Bear Club. :( :(

The Joy Formidable are 2pm on the Saturday (Leeds)/Sunday (Reading)

Grammatics are Saturday (Leeds)/Sunday (Reading) but no time as of yet

A Day To Remember are Friday (Leeds)/Saturday (Reading)

Marina & The Diamonds is on the Friday (Leeds)/Saturday (Reading)...haha, love how she 'fits in' on that day. :shifty:

Edited by YI

Dance Tent (Saturday at Leeds/Sunday at Reading);

Deadmau5

Vitalic

MSTRKRFT

Chase and Status

Lady Sovereign

The Crystal Method

The Qemists

Mixwell (LEEDS)/Das Pop (READING)

Chipmunk

3OH!3

Master Shortie

L'Amour la Morgue

Deadmau5 clashing with Lost Prophets = :( The Qemists, Vitalic and MSTRKRFT will all be checked out (depending on clashes). Deadmau5 is a hell of a headliner. Keeps those who want more 'dance' (not indie with synths) happy, but he's also got a pretty good 'mainstream' following with his remixes and stuff.

Edited by YI

• 2 weeks later...

5 of the following will play BBC Introducing...1 will get onto the Festival Republic stage;

Castrovalva

Team Modeliste

Yonderboy

Broadcast Society

Ellen and the Escapades

Last Gang

Benjamin Wetherill

Evil Regent

The Old Romantic Killer Band

Chickenhawk

Hey Sholay

Holy State

Aces & Eights

Gaze

Kinch

The Bear Driver

Gary Stewart Band

Killing Fields Of Ontario

Milk White White Teeth

Pavilion

Spodni Pradlo

The Bedroom Orchestra

Sketches

Wonderswan

Just Handshakes (We're British)

Middleman

The Stations

The Finnlys

Fourteen Corners

Olfar

COME ON! I actually know exactly 6 of these 'bands'...Gary Stewart for Festival Republic...Elen & The Escapades, Hey Sholay, Yonderboy, Bedroom Orchestra and Just Handshakes (We're British) for BBC Intro please.

Noah & The Whale added to Saturday Mainstage. Which is apparently it for the main stage that day...personally holding out for another main stage band (as Radiohead have the 2-hour set...but there's 2 less bands on Saturday than the other days), but I think to appease Bloc Party (not headlining, again) they might give them a bit of a longer set as well...bah, there's still plenty of shit happening. It's just Saturday's probably the weakest day as far as openers goes.

The XX added to Festival Republic.

...anti-climax or what...especially after the whole My Chemical Romance rumours. :( That's one fucking shit main stage. :/ Brand New will bring the awesome though. :D

I know you have smaller bands opening up and stuff...but Noah & The Whale and The Living End...eugh.

The very distinct prospect of Frank Turner/Brand New and Gaslight Anthem/Bloc Party clashing is the drizzling shits...oh wait, there's 3 bands above Gaslight, they might wrap up just before Bloc Party.

Edited by YI

Log onto facebook...message from my mate that A Day To Remember have pulled out of Leeds/Reading. NME confirms that one of them needs surgery or something. Proper gutting, was one of the bands I was looking forward to the most.

Hopefully you know, there's actually a legit replacement with a good band taking their place...although I seriously doubt it. Fuck it, they can keep it English, Blakfish or All Or Nothing would be swank.