Guess The Lyrics Game

Farmer Reil

Since only two people on my FB friends list have even remotely similar interests to me, I figure this'll never get answered on there, so I figured why not start it here? I'm sure there used to be a 'Game Cube' for this type of thing, but it doesn't seem to exist any more. So I figure one thread can't hurt, right?

Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.

Step 2: Post the first line from the first 15 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing. (<-- at EWB, maybe 10 songs would be better. Or even 5. Since loads will be running at once).

Step 3: Cross the songs off the list when someone guesses both artist and track correctly.

Step 4: No search engines! (<- feel free to use a search engine to quench the nagging at the back of your mind, but don't post the answer if you do)

Step 5: Post your own. (<- don't bother waiting for the previous one to be completed, just post it if you feel so inclined. No more than one active set per member though)

#1 - Don't touch me now, don't hold me now, don't break this spell darlin' now that you are near Queen - Las Palabras de Amor (Footjob Fever/Yi team effort :shifty:)

#2 - Still enough, although I know you're not begging. Still as the thoughts running through your mind Disturbed - Devour (Nobody!)

#3 - Once when we were returning from a battle, we got lost in a lonely forest. In the middle of the woods we saw an old house, with tired minds we knocked the door very loudly. Ensiferum - One More Magic Potion (Nobody!)

#4 - Who wants to separate, the world we know from marred beliefs. And who sees only black and white, distinguish loss from sacrifice Kamelot - Memento Mori (DoubleX)

#5 - Growing up with the wild bears, breathing the smell of burning wood. Rain and clouds my only friends, sun and moon and stars and light Korpiklaani - Midsummer's Night (Nobody)

#6 - Giants of stone build up my desire, no one could tell us the secret of fire. The hunger for wisdom deep in your heart, you can't accept that you're living apart Edguy - Fairytale (Nobody)

#7 - As I walk through the blackened forest, thoughts of hate and anger fill my soul. The charred remains of the holy rollers, scream repentance though it's far too late Iced Earth - Angels Holocaust (Nobody!)

#8 - I'm waiting in my cold cell, when the bell begins to chime Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name (Vector)

#9 - You better make your face up, in your favourite disguise. With your button-down lips, and your roller blind eyes. Pink Floyd - Run Like Hell (Toffee2k8)

#10 - With sense of irony everyone you see is chasing their illusion, take a dive or sink or swim but in the end you're in the same pollution Bruce Dickinson - Sacred Cowboys (Nobody)

#11 - Murder at your every foot step, a child's toy - sudden death. Sniper blazes you through your knees, falling down can you feel the heat. Burn! Slayer - Mandatory Suicide (Nobody!)

#12 - Can you feel their haunting presence? Can you feel their haunting presence? LIAR! KILLER! DAEMON! System of a Down - Holy Mountains (TSSTB)

#13 - Born of blood, mysterious. Fire and steel, their loves. Land and kin, is everything. Their only god is war. Firewind - Warrior

#14 - There comes Fenris' twin - his jaws are open wide, the serpent rises from the waves. Jormungandr twists and turns - mighty is his wrath, the eyes are full of primal hate Amon Amarth - Twighlight Of The Thundergod (Winter-F'n-Sun)

#15 - Hey mamma said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove. Led Zepplin - Black Dog (GoGo)

Don't forget to start your own if you want, don't wait for this one to finish. That's sort of the point, if various people are doing them then no matter who enters the thread, they might know some of the songs regardless of their taste in music. Might help though, when answering while there are multiple quizzes, if you quote the one you're answering.

Edited by Farmer Reil

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of them are some kinda folk metal warblings?

EDIT: Of all of them, only number one really rings a bell. The thing is, I suck for remembering lyrics these days. I'll generally be the guy who is like '.....OH YEAH, THAT SONG', or something.

And having googled it, I don't even know number one >_>

Edited by rvdwannabe

Only three! And W-f-S will get those for you! Admittedly, a further two are pretty much 'power metal fans only', but 1, 2, 8, 9, definately 10, 11, definately 12 and extremely definately 15 are all very gettable by anyone who's ever posted in the Metal Thread. :P In fact, a new born baby probably knows #15. Foetuses have probably heard of the band in #1, although admittedly even I'm not too familiar with the actual song. Though I recognise it when it plays.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Yeah, Black Dog by Led Zeppelin, fuck. I shoulda got that one (told you >_>).

EDIT: Having done some digging, it makes me realise that I seriously don't listen to a lot of 'classic' metal, so even the definites are a struggle.

Edited by rvdwannabe

Bastard...#1 is Queen...but I cannot for the life of me remember the song, it's all ballady though...fuck...grrrrrr.

I have zero fucking clue about the rest.

Just googled the Queen one...yeah, I'd have never have figured out the song name. :shifty: Well, you know, without going through my entire Queen catalogue. :shifty:

Edited by YI

I don't know a single one, whether I'm just being dumb or they're obscure death metal bands I don't know :shifty:

Some of these may start with talking or whatever, if they do, I've ignored that and gone straight to the song.

1. She set up for this Monday, I never know I've got, i tell all my friends, this mother and her dog

2. I stand at your gate, and the song that I sing is of moonlight. I stand and I wait.

3. I'm thinking of, thanking all the fucked people, thanking all the shit I love, they are all the things I've made.

4. The sun rise fills your eyes, cannot hear your cries, pleading please just go away

5. Seize the day or die of regretting the time you lost, it's empty and cold without you here (<_<) SEIZE THE DAY - AVENGED SEVENFOLD (Nerf)

6. Visting is pretty, visiting is good, seems all they ever wanted was a brother THIS IS A CALL - FOO FIGHTERS (TSSTB)

7. Do you have the time to listen to me whine about nothing and everything all at once? BASKET CASE - GREEN DAY (rvdwannabe)

8. Oh-oh-oh-oh, Little China Girl (<_<) CHINA GIRL - DAVID BOWIE (TheRossWalker)

9. Dad, I hate to tell you, sometimes I wanna slap you in the face, but dad I've gotta tell you, if you were gone I'd miss you from this place.

10. The rain is here, and you my dear, are still my friend, it's true the two of us are back as one again. UP IN ARMS - FOO FIGHTERS (rvdwannabe)

Number one could be horribly wrong, because its a demo and different to the proper version and I can't decipher it for fuck <_< And anyone who doesn't get 5 or 8 wants murdering (edit: and now 13) . My list sucks :( I also got two instrumentals skipping through this but I missed them as putting (Instrumental) could've taken you some time to get <_<

Edit: must stop using emoticons.

<_<

Edit 2: It's fifteen, isn't it?

11: One baby to another says I'm lucky to have met you, I don't care what you think unless it's about me. DRAIN YOU - NIRVANA (rvdwannabe)

12: Lovely, is the feeling now, fever, temperatures risin now.

13: Come to decide that the things that I tried were in my life just to get high on SNOW (HEY OH) - RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS (Nerf)

14: Dude, I totally miss you, I really fucking miss you, I'm all alone all the time DUDE, I TOTALLY MISS YOU - TENACIOUS D (TheRossWalker)

15: Dark desires of the cynic queen, laughter echoes her name, he feels his breath decay DRESSED TO KILL - SYMPHONY X (Farmer Reil)

Edited by Footjob Fever

7. Do you have the time to listen to me whine about nothing and everything all at once?

Green Day - Dookie. Had to sing it through for ages to make sure it wasn't one of the ones with the title in the chorus. :shifty:

Edit: Bollocks. Dookie's the fuckin album. I hate Green Day :(

Edited by Farmer Reil

Fuck it...I'll throw some relatively obscure ones up :shifty:

1) Bite the tongue, to live with what you've done, it's so good, it's so good... "Grey Matter" by Finch {rvdwannabe}

2) If it can be broke then it can be fixed, if it can be fused then it can be split, it's all under control, it's all under control...yadda yadda...

3) Grow up children, dont you suffer, at the hands of one another, if you like a sleeping demon, listen can you hear him weeping...

4) The grass is always greener, as I'm sure that you've found, if I find my way back on the last leg of this trip, I'm betting I'm finding you there...

5) Girls are always wrong, they find out later on, they find out later on when it's too late to fix what's done...

6) Hey tired man I see you walk alone, the wrinkles on you face a map of all your pain... "Rottin' Apple" by Strung Out {TheRossWalker}

7) Take the money, from the children, they don't need it at all...

8) Let the damn cows moo, let those stupid birds fly, let the dogs sit on the chair, let the cat shed its long hair, let the goldfish swim outside...

9) The red lights mean you're leaving, the white one's mean returning, tell me how this story ends, and I'll keep them fires burning...

10) We're talking away, I don't know what I'm to say, I'll say it anyway, today's another day to find you, shying away, I'll be coming for your love, okay?... "Take On Me (Aha Cover)" by Cap'n Jazz {rvdwannabe}

Actually...didn't turn out 'that' vague. I'd say 5/6/7 are a bitch...6 is my favourite band and I'd NEVER get it, and I love the song as well. 1/2/4/8/9/10 are a piece of piss (if you know the bands like...although everyone should know 10), actually 5 is too (the first 4 words give it away, but you need to know the band :shifty:)...not as weird as I thought it'd be.

Edited by YI