Guess The Lyrics Game

Farmer Reil

#1 - See me ride out of the sunset on your colour tv screen.

#2 - I've got that feeling deep inside.

#3 - I was caught, In the middle of a railroad track.

#4 - I got my first real six string, Bought it at the five and dime. - Bryan Adams - Summer of 69 (Farmer Reil)

#5 - I got my wind at my back and my foot to the floor.

#6 - ALL ABOARD!

#7 - I'm a sailor peg and I lost my leg.

#8 - I'm through with standing in line to clubs I'll never get in.

#9 - Load up our guns and bring your friends.

#10 - Zom zom, Bie bie, Na na, Tion tion.

#11 - Haha Ha Ha, You don't stop you keep playing.

#12 - Has he lost his mind, Can he see or is he blind? - Black Sabbath - Iron Man (Farmer Reil)

#13 - Getting born in the state of Mississippi.

#14 - Its all the same, only the names will change, Everyday it seems were wasting away.

#15 - I always thought that I knew, I'd always have the right to.

Is 3 Tenacious D?

6 is Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne

9 is Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

13 is Dani California by RHCP

I think I know some of the others too but they aren't coming to mind. And *goes to listen to every Slayer song to determine what Reily's is*.

8 is (I wanna be a) Rockstar by Nickelback

Edited by Footjob Fever

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#8 - I'm through with standing in line to clubs I'll never get in. - Nickelback, "Rockstar"

#9 - Load up our guns and bring your friends. - Nirvana, "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

Is 3 Tenacious D?

6 is Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne

9 is Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

13 is Dani California by RHCP

I think I know some of the others too but they aren't coming to mind. And *goes to listen to every Slayer song to determine what Reily's is*.

8 is (I wanna be a) Rockstar by Nickelback

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Scoreboard.

-Matt- (4)

fr34k (3)

Farmer Reil (2)

Rabid Wolverine (1)

Edited by Sgt. Slogger

#1 - See me ride out of the sunset on your colour tv screen.

#2 - I've got that feeling deep inside.

#3 - I was caught, In the middle of a railroad track.

#4 - I got my first real six string, Bought it at the five and dime. - Bryan Adams - Summer of 69 (Farmer Reil)

#5 - I got my wind at my back and my foot to the floor.

#6 - ALL ABOARD!

#7 - I'm a sailor peg and I lost my leg.

#8 - I'm through with standing in line to clubs I'll never get in.

#9 - Load up our guns and bring your friends.

#10 - Zom zom, Bie bie, Na na, Tion tion.

#11 - Haha Ha Ha, You don't stop you keep playing.

#12 - Has he lost his mind, Can he see or is he blind? - Black Sabbath - Iron Man (Farmer Reil)

#13 - Getting born in the state of Mississippi.

#14 - Its all the same, only the names will change, Everyday it seems were wasting away.

#15 - I always thought that I knew, I'd always have the right to.

#1 is TNT by AC/DC

#7 is Shipping up to Boston by Dropkick Murphys

Clue time. here's what's left to get:

1. She set up for this Monday, I never know I've got, i tell all my friends, this mother and her dog

2. I stand at your gate, and the song that I sing is of moonlight. I stand and I wait.

3. I'm thinking of, thanking all the fucked people, thanking all the shit I love, they are all the things I've made.

4. The sun rise fills your eyes, cannot hear your cries, pleading please just go away

9. Dad, I hate to tell you, sometimes I wanna slap you in the face, but dad I've gotta tell you, if you were gone I'd miss you from this place.

12: Lovely, is the feeling now, fever, temperatures risin now.

Number one is the Nirvana demo that has different words to the released version, the opening lyrics to the released version are "I am my own parasite, I don't need a host to live. We feed off of each other, we can share our endorphins".

Number two is a Frank Sinatra cover of a song composed by Glenn Miller with lyrics by Mitchell Parish.

Number three is another term for "Fantasy" by a band on GH:WT.

Number four is a song from the same album as "shaking like a dog shitting razor blades"

Number nine has the title in the song lyrics and is by the band who covered a famous German song.

Number twelve has just announced a new world tour.

1: Somewhere in the middle of this lonely town

2: Let’s begin at the beginning

3: And tonight, the coastline is quiet The Gaslight Anthem - Wooderson [YI]

4: The official diagnosis is a broken heart Former Cell Mates - Does He Make You Laugh? [YI]

5: Oooh, you make me live ________ - You're My Best Friend (Queen cover) [YI]

6: I walked through the street for the ten thousandth time

7: You take the best away from me, and give it all away Pennywise - One Reason [YI]

8: Don’t think it was never the words you said

9: You make me smile with every line

10: The mirror never lies, and neither does the face

11: Goodbye to me and you, goodbye to the life we knew Bouncing Souls - Night Train [fr34k]

12: Merry Christmas, you filthy animals... And a Happy New Year... MexicoFALLZ - I Hope Your Parents Got You A Tombstone For Christmas Kid!/Somewhere In My Memory [YI]

13: The screen door slams, Mary’s dress waves

14: Today, this could be the greatest day of my life __________ - Greatest Day (Take That Cover) [Footjob Fever]

15: Damn, I love the jam, the jet and the mansion

Clue time. For some, I'll give clues to the band, others, the second line.

1: Out of sight, you stole my county.

2: We're lovers and we're losers.

6: Leeds-based band, appeared on Gaylist 6.

8: UK pop-punk band, on a co-headlining tour at the end of the month.

9: Got me tossing and turning in my bed.

10: Of a man who doesn't know where his place is.

13: Cover, by the same artist who covered 14 and 5. Also appears with one of their own songs.

15: Artist is currently at 3 and 6 in the UK chart, with two singles. This isn't one of them.

Fuck.

Ross Walker

#2 - "I Knew Prufrock Before He Got Famous" by Frank Turner (I can't believe I didn't get that from the 1st line, 2nd line it clicked right away though...I've only fucking seen him open gigs with it 3 times in a fucking year)

#6 - "Lifetime" by The Magnificent

#8 - "Star Raiders & Space Invaders" by Me Vs Hero

Footjob Fever

#4 - "Madam Me" by Alkaline Trio (:wub: One of my favourite Alk3 tunes)

RVDWannabe

#4 - "Awake" by Finch

#8 - "Sweetness Follows" by R.E.M

UPDATE ON MINE:

1) Bite the tongue, to live with what you've done, it's so good, it's so good... "Grey Matter" by Finch {rvdwannabe}

2) If it can be broke then it can be fixed, if it can be fused then it can be split, it's all under control, it's all under control...yadda yadda... "Pioneers" by Bloc Party {TSSTB}

3) Grow up children, dont you suffer, at the hands of one another, if you like a sleeping demon, listen can you hear him weeping...

4) The grass is always greener, as I'm sure that you've found, if I find my way back on the last leg of this trip, I'm betting I'm finding you there...

5) Girls are always wrong, they find out later on, they find out later on when it's too late to fix what's done...

6) Hey tired man I see you walk alone, the wrinkles on you face a map of all your pain... "Rottin' Apple" by Strung Out {TheRossWalker}

7) Take the money, from the children, they don't need it at all...

8) Let the damn cows moo, let those stupid birds fly, let the dogs sit on the chair, let the cat shed its long hair, let the goldfish swim outside...

9) The red lights mean you're leaving, the white one's mean returning, tell me how this story ends, and I'll keep them fires burning...

10) We're talking away, I don't know what I'm to say, I'll say it anyway, today's another day to find you, shying away, I'll be coming for your love, okay?... "Take On Me (Aha Cover)" by Cap'n Jazz {rvdwannabe}

3) A song, not by Joy Division, on my favourite album by one of my favourite bands

4) Song from the debut album from emo pioneers, reformed late last year

5) The song name is in the first line...but fuck, nobody's going to get this

7) Belgian band, finally put out their debut album this year

8) Ska band with an absolutely ridiculous name, from their last album released in 2007

9) THE 'trendwhore' indie band pretty much, this is a song from their debut EP, and is not the song they re-recorded for their most recent album

Edited by YI

Mine, updated:

1. Selling your God

2. Listen to me now, let's decide the way we'll go

3. Friends say it's fine, friends say it's good

4. On scorched earth return me to be a simple man - Borrowed Time, Diamond Head - Toffeefan

5. If you change your mind, I'm the first in line - Take A Chance on Me, ABBA - RW

6. Hear my story, hear my words, they might speak truth about this world - Land Of Innocence, Thunderstone - Reil

7. Rape me - Rape Me, Nirvana - RW

8. Big wheels keep on turning - Sweet Home Alabama, Lynyrd Skynynrd - RW

9. On a cold dark winter night hidden by the stormy light

10. Let me tell you a story to chill the bones - Dance of Death, Iron Maiden - Reil

11. If we're so much the same like I always hear

12. Work work money made - Money Made, AC/DC - Reil

13. Run... hide

14. Settle down! She's got legs... like an airship - Nodding Donkey Blues, Iron Maiden - Reil

15. You're a dreamer and you live in a world of lies full of sinners - Head Up High, Firewind - Reil

Clues:

1. The band is Canadian. A death metal band with both melodic and progressive influences.

2. Is a little known Italian power metal band.

3. Is a cover of 20th Century Boy - but by whom? Here's a clue - you've been on entirely the wrong continent so far.

4. British heavy metal band. Influenced Metallica.

9. Reil got the right band, Dragonforce. But got the title wrong.

11. Canadian prog band. Song is of one of their most recent albums.

13. American post-grunge band with religious themes.

Edited by Winter-F'n-Sun!

11 is Rush, I thought it was earlier, and your clue would agree with that, but I have no idea what the song is because I don't listen to them <_<

Edit: And I really think you should give us a bit more than "Run... hide" <_<

Edited by Footjob Fever