10. "There's always somebody taller, with more of a wit"

11. "You were young and your heart was an open book"

12. "Oh here we are and here we are and here we go"

13. "I live my life in the City"

14. "I used to be a criminal, top car dealer"

15. "Ever since I was a young boy, I played that silver ball"

Fuck RW <_< Seriously you get all the ones I know :(

6 is a James Blunt song isn't?

If the next line to number 6 is "when I don't fall down", then it's "Re-Arranged" by Limp Bizkit.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All correct. Surprised you didn't know 6 (although you might not like them, I don't <_<) or 11.

I hate the band that did 2, and 11 is off the newest album, which I don't have and don't plan to get because I've gone off them lately. (I googled both when you said I should know them :P)

Some clues for my latest list:

#1 Tattooed boys with expensive toys, living in a bubble of sin.

#3 Look all around, can't you open your eyes, voices are calling. Killing rain falling down from the sky, crying with nightmare tears.

#4 I died, many years ago. But you can make me feel like it isn't so.

#5 Never exhume me, I don't want you. My dream, just like a waterfall in black and white.

#10 Algalord arise, greater than before! Time of peace, not of war!

#12 Don't turn off the light, you might draw the queen of spades. Don't shut the door, you don't need to be alone.

#13 Killer, intruder, homicidal man, if you see me coming, run as fast as you can. A blood thirsty demon who's stalking the street, I hack up my victims like pieces of meat

(Note: Not the first lyrics, but the first actual sung verse of the song. There's some muttering in the intro, and technically the first line of the track is the song title)

#1 is by the same artist as #10 on the original list, who's solo career is proving to be highly unpopular on EWB. :P Seriously, two of his top three hits seem to be completely unknown to anyone.

#3 marked the return (and also departure again) of a metal God.

#4 isn't actually a song by a recording artist, although it has been released on a CD of some sort and he has been in a band that have released stuff.

#5 is IAceI's speciality, but he's not here ¬_¬

#10 well, if you know the song you'd only need the first word, really. The first word should at least give you the band if you know it at all. So I can't really help much.

#12 the vocalist is one of many to have sung in the band from #3 after each of the two singers most associated with it left.

#13 Like I said in the note, the intro contains some nearly-spoken-word stuff that I excluded because it wouldn't have helped much, these are the first lines of the song proper.

Edited by Farmer Reil

All correct. Surprised you didn't know 6 (although you might not like them, I don't <_<) or 11.

I hate the band that did 2, and 11 is off the newest album, which I don't have and don't plan to get because I've gone off them lately. (I googled both when you said I should know them :P)

I'm assuming you mean you hate the band that did 6 (not 2), since that's the one I thought you might get. I second hating them, I really should take them off my iTunes/iPod, I can stand maybe 2 songs by them, and even those I'd prefer not to listen to. I put them on because I was told I really needed to"listen to them properly and give them a chance"... I really didn't.

Some clues for my latest list:

#1 Tattooed boys with expensive toys, living in a bubble of sin.

#3 Look all around, can't you open your eyes, voices are calling. Killing rain falling down from the sky, crying with nightmare tears.

#4 I died, many years ago. But you can make me feel like it isn't so.

#5 Never exhume me, I don't want you. My dream, just like a waterfall in black and white.

#6 So mysterious is your world, concealed beyond the stars. Far away from the earth, it flows one with time and dark as the night.

#7 The wolves, my love, will come. Taking us home where dust once was a man.

#10 Algalord arise, greater than before! Time of peace, not of war!

#12 Don't turn off the light, you might draw the queen of spades. Don't shut the door, you don't need to be alone.

#13 Killer, intruder, homicidal man, if you see me coming, run as fast as you can. A blood thirsty demon who's stalking the street, I hack up my victims like pieces of meat

(Note: Not the first lyrics, but the first actual sung verse of the song. There's some muttering in the intro, and technically the first line of the track is the song title)

#1 is by the same artist as #10 on the original list, who's solo career is proving to be highly unpopular on EWB. :P Seriously, two of his top three hits seem to be completely unknown to anyone.

#3 marked the return (and also departure again) of a metal God.

#4 isn't actually a song by a recording artist, although it has been released on a CD of some sort and he has been in a band that have released stuff.

#5 is IAceI's speciality, but he's not here ¬_¬

#6 well... all I can say is, Winter-F'n-Sun should be fucking ASHAMED. :P The only reason I didn't skip this for something more 'mainstream' was that I "knew" he'd get it. :rolleyes:

#7 is a band that've come up a few times (one of which being from this very album), and surprisingly not from my lists. So someone'll get it sooner or later. Although to be fair, not if you haven't read the lyrics somewhere, because when I was transcribing from what she was saying, it sounded nothing like what it actually was. Still love this song though.

#10 well, if you know the song you'd only need the first word, really. The first word should at least give you the band if you know it at all. So I can't really help much.

#12 the vocalist is one of many to have sung in the band from #3 after each of the two singers most associated with it left.

#13 Like I said in the note, the intro contains some nearly-spoken-word stuff that I excluded because it wouldn't have helped much, these are the first lines of the song proper.

6 is Starchild by Wintersun. Fucking A track.

#7 The wolves, my love, will come. Taking us home where dust once was a man.

That is Nightwish - 7 Days to the Wolves.

And does nobody know the ones I still have left? You guys suck (or maybe I have far too eclectic music taste >_>). Repost in case someone can get them:

1. The sun is sleeping quietly, once upon a century. Nightwish - Sleeping Sun, Reily

2. Had my work cut out for me, because I've lived so selfishly, it hurts now looking back.

3. It feels so dangerous, I don't know where you are.

4. Come wind come snow come winter land, I have resigned myself to death. Kamelot - The Black Halo, Reily

5. Only knowledge will I save, to the game you stay a slave. Metallica - Wherever I May Roam, Footjob Fever (cbf fixing this if it's already been figured out)

6. Ladies and gentlemen please, would you bring your attention to me. Saliva - Ladies and Gentlemen, TheRossWalker

7. Throw away the radio, suitcase, keeps you awake.

8. You've got a perfect girl, and it's a perfect world.

9. Whispering my goodbyes, waiting for the train, I was dancing with my baby in summer rain.

10. I need you to feel exactly like I do inside, but I feel so alone, again.

11. Don't remember where I was, I realised life was a game. Megadeth - A Tout Le Monde, Reily

12. The girl in the chair with the long golden hair, well that used to be me. Delta Goodrem - Mistaken Identity, ToffeeFan2k8

13. On the ground I lay, motionless in pain, I can see my life flashing before my eyes. Three Days Grace - Time of Dying, ToffeeFan2k8

14. It's not supposed to hurt this much, but it can never feel the same again. Sevendust - Honesty, ToffeeFan2k8

15. Told her all I'll ever want and all I'll ever need, is just enough to make me real.

Ross Walker

#1 - "Bobby Jean" by Bruce Springsteen

#6 - "Toy Soldiers" by Eminem (Swing and a guess it's not the original :shifty:)

#7 - "Peter Pan Syndrome" by Pedals On Our Pirate Ships

#8 - "St Christopher Is Coming Home" by Frank Turner

#9 - "We Came To Dance" by The Gaslight Anthem

#10 - "Her Name In Blood" by Strung Out

#12 - "The Western World" by Pennywise

#14 - "Mathematics" by Little Boots

#15 is either Propagandhi or Strike Anywhere...but fuck if I can't think of the song, will have a blast through their songs later. :shifty:

Mine;

1. I'm frightened at night and the wind has a roar, it seeps through the hall and from under the door

2. We're finding out some scummy fuck just threw it in a fifteen year old, I mean come on man, is that the life you want?

3. From ocean to sky, summer and fall, I have been there through it all

4. dum-d-d-d-du-dum-dum-dum.....-OR-.....Doing everything by halves, you got a real flair with excuses

5. Well they closed down the auto plant in Mahwah late that month, Ralph went out lookin for a job but he couldnt find none {COVER}

6. Pretty green eyes, so full of sparke and such light "Pretty Green Eyes" by Ultrabeat {Ross Walker}

7. I don't mind the weather, I've got scarves and caps and sweaters, I've got long johns under slacks for blustery days

8. So I'm looking at this bottle, and this bottle, it speaks to me, it says get off the fucking train, so I jumped down

9. The clock struck twelve, 2 hours ago, time flies when you're stuck in last year

10. da-da-da-da-da-d-da-da.....-OR-.....I'm okay, there's not a lot for me to do today

HINTS:

1). Have 28 years left to change the world

2). Powerpunk band, this song was on Gaylist 4

3). Female fronted band, who appeared on Ross Walker's first list

4). Track from singer/songwriter's 2nd electronic styled solo album

5). Original is by Bruce Springsteen, the band who covered this were on "Coverlist 2" covering something else, from the same EP

7). ben_gibbard.jpg

8). A sometimes forgotten track from an awesome punk-rock bands 'debut' album after a name change...to quote wiki - "For the recording of the album, the band decided to put "as much shit as you can possibly fit into a song and pull off live" into the songs, to which they attribute their faster, more aggressive and more technical sound."

9). Spent a month opening for Gaslight Anthem/Frank Turner...opening song from all their sets, from their debut EP.

10). Indie tune that caused a storm in the first ever Gaylist, one of my favourite tracks of 2008.

Edited by YI

2. We chase misprinted lies Alice In Chains 'Nutshell' TMW

3. Dead, I am the one, exterminating son Rob Zombie 'Dragula' fr34k

4. One devotion to an empty moment Finch 'Awake' YI

8. Readying to bury your father and your mother REM 'Sweetness Follows' YI

9. Went to a party, I danced all night Dead Kennedys 'Too Drunk To Fuck' Lint6

14. Landing on a runway in Chicago and I’m drowning all my dreams Fall Out Boy 'Homesick At Space Camp' Lj.

15. I was born in a town where the rivers run free The Gaslight Anthem 'Red At Night' TRW

4. Going back to the corner where I first saw you The Script 'The Man Who Can't Be Moved Reilly

11. They move too fast to be words behind your teeth Coheed And Cambria 'The Lying Lies....' Footjob Fever

I'm gonna do a rolling 15, so here are the ones that haven't been done yet, and the additional lyrics.

1. The avalanche we start towards

2. You're keeping in step, in line, got your chin held high and you feel just fine

3. I want somebody to share, share the rest of my life

5. I was a little too tall, could’ve used a few pounds

6. You close your eyes, and leave me naked by your side

7. I don’t want to see you waiting, I’ve already gone too far away

8. In their eyes is the place that you finally discovered that you love it here

9. You don't need no friends, take back your faith again

10. Gotta’ find a way to grieve without my head sticking into my heart

12. Park the car at the side of the road

13. I’m the best you ever had

14. Heart over mind, yes I'm my father's son

15. I'd like to close my eyes, go numb

I might get rid of a few of them soon. But otherwise, here are a couple of other clues for the ones I've not given yet:

Two is done by Tristy's favourite band, the main single release from the album. It was their Bush-baiting return.

Three is done by a UK band who have been going since the early 80's until this very day. Kings of dark synth pop, and the song title is in the lyric posted

Nine is a US alternative/rock band, one who seems to be either very religious or quite spiritual. In fact, the name of the song has some relevance to the Christian religion

Fourteen is a solo artist from the UK, a white man who sings like a black man :shifty: This is probably as much one of those ones that people have heard, but don't know it. He had one album that made any impact, called 'Earthbound', which was another single release from him. The song title is in the lyrics.

Fifteen is a US band who started off as a cross between FNM and RHCP worship, but since have inspired their own imitators such as Hoobastank >_> A song off of their critically best recieved album.

Oh hell, here's fifteen from me.. just because I have the time right now. They won't be too hard.

1. One more time you will laugh about it

2. Times have changed, and we've often rewound the clock

3. My reflection, dirty mirror

4. Been floating up around here on cloud 11 (or alternatively, YEAH-E-YEAH-E-YEAH-E-YEAH OWWWW OWWW OOWWWW OWWW OWW OWWW OWWWW)

5. Well there ain't nothing to this but your daughter

6. How does it feel, to treat me like you do

7. Pizza party at your house, I went just to check it out

8. Don't you dare... speak for someone you don't know

9. She'll only come out at night, the lean and hungry type

10. No I won't go, I want to stay here with you

11. Mama told me when I was young

12. You say you stand by your man

13. Well in Northa Carolina back in the hills

14. Is there loving in your eyes

15. The Heat is on ain't no stopping him now

Apsham

#12 - "Train In Vain" by The Clash

I can 'sing' #1 (either than or I'm just making up a tune to it :shifty:)...but fuck...I can't place it. In my head I've got something about shit and whores coming shortly after, and I'm thinking pop-punky...so, Blink? No idea on the song.

OOOH...after a bit of Blink playing...as soon as the riff kicked in I knew it was the right song. :shifty:

#1 - "Emo" by Blink 182

:D

And someone, get one of fucking mine...I swear to fucking god half of them aren't that fucking difficult. :shifty:

Edited by YI

1. "If there's anything that you want"

2. "How can I just let you walk away" - 'Against All Odds' - Phil Collins (RW)

3. "It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming" - 'Three Lions' - Baddiel, Skinner and The Lightning Seeds (RW)

4. "Didn't they say that I would make a mistake"

5. "Everything is open, nothing is set in stone" - 'Driftwood' - Travis (RW)

6. "I won't be the one to disappoint you"

7. "When no-one else can understand me" - 'Wonder of You - Elvis Pressley (RW)

8. "Where I come from isn't all that great"

9. "I'm flying away, Running like the wind"

10. "There's always somebody taller, with more of a wit"

11. "You were young and your heart was an open book" - 'Live and Let Die' - Guns and Roses (TheModernWay)

12. "Oh here we are and here we are and here we go"

13. "I live my life in the City" - 'Rock and Roll Star' - Oasis (RW)

14. "I used to be a criminal, top car dealer"

15. "Ever since I was a young boy, I played that silver ball" - 'Pinball Wizard' - The Who (TheModernWay)

Someone guessed the artist on number six, but nothing on the others

Thought I might as well join in on this bandwagon...

1) Life is fast but I don't want to live past you 'cause you are my only roots

2) Once divided... nothing left to subtract

3) Welcome friend, I have nothing to hide

4) Hey, it's your ride...

5) 1,2,3,4 (sang by multiple people at the same time and not in time with each other)

6) Chairs thrown and tables toppled...

7) Good morning heartache, you're like an old friend come to see me again

8) I'm feeling lost, I'm feeling like my heart has been carved out with a spoon

9) Cast off the crutch that kills the pain

10) Where's the emotion?

11) I'll tell you a story, believe me it's true

12) It's alright to tell me what you think about me

13) What a cunt this world

14) Dude, we've gotta fucking write something here...

15) Beat me up, beat me down, mess me up beyond recognition

Also, YI:

1) Angels & Airwaves - Do It For Me Now

Jam:

14) Lethal Bizzle - Police On My Back

Big Hairy Man Face:

13) Is it Brand New - Okay I Believe You But My Tommy Gun Don't??

Edited by 619 fan

619 Fan

#9 - "Red Flag" by Billy Talent

#12 - "Dammit" by Blink 182

MINE:

1. I'm frightened at night and the wind has a roar, it seeps through the hall and from under the door "Do It For Me Now" by Angels & Airwaves {619 Fan}

2. We're finding out some scummy fuck just threw it in a fifteen year old, I mean come on man, is that the life you want?

3. From ocean to sky, summer and fall, I have been there through it all

4. dum-d-d-d-du-dum-dum-dum.....-OR-.....Doing everything by halves, you got a real flair with excuses

5. Well they closed down the auto plant in Mahwah late that month, Ralph went out lookin for a job but he couldnt find none {COVER}

6. Pretty green eyes, so full of sparke and such light "Pretty Green Eyes" by Ultrabeat {Ross Walker}

7. I don't mind the weather, I've got scarves and caps and sweaters, I've got long johns under slacks for blustery days

8. So I'm looking at this bottle, and this bottle, it speaks to me, it says get off the fucking train, so I jumped down

9. The clock struck twelve, 2 hours ago, time flies when you're stuck in last year

10. da-da-da-da-da-d-da-da.....-OR-.....I'm okay, there's not a lot for me to do today

HINTS:

2). Powerpunk band, this song was on Gaylist 4

3). Female fronted band, who appeared on Ross Walker's first list

4). Track from singer/songwriter's 2nd electronic styled solo album

5). Original is by Bruce Springsteen, the band who covered this were on "Coverlist 2" covering something else, from the same EP

7). ben_gibbard.jpg

8). A sometimes forgotten track from an awesome punk-rock bands 'debut' album after a name change...to quote wiki - "For the recording of the album, the band decided to put "as much shit as you can possibly fit into a song and pull off live" into the songs, to which they attribute their faster, more aggressive and more technical sound."

9). Spent a month opening for Gaslight Anthem/Frank Turner...opening song from all their sets, from their debut EP.

10). Indie tune that caused a storm in the first ever Gaylist, one of my favourite tracks of 2008.

Thought I might as well join in on this bandwagon...

5) 1,2,3,4 (sang by multiple people at the same time and not in time with each other)

9) Cast off the crutch that kills the pain

10) Where's the emotion?

12) It's alright to tell me what you think about me

14) Dude, we've gotta fucking write something here...

Also, YI:

1) Angels & Airwaves - Do It For Me Now

Jam:

14) Lethal Bizzle - Police On My Back

Big Hairy Man Face:

13) Is it Brand New - Okay I Believe You But My Tommy Gun Don't??

Sgt. Pepper by the Beatles? (although giving us 1, 2, 3, 4 is hardly fair, I'm willing to bet there are hundreds that start like that <_<)

Dammit by Blink 182

5) 1,2,3,4 (sang by multiple people at the same time and not in time with each other) - OR - Any more tears for the birthing pool? - 'Broken Hearts Sound Like Breakbeats' by Los Campesinos - YI

9) Cast off the crutch that kills the pain - 'Red Flag' by Billy Talent - YI

10) Where's the emotion?

12) It's alright to tell me what you think about me - 'Dammit' by Blink 182 - YI

14) Dude, we've gotta fucking write something here... - 'Kielbasa Sausage' by Tenacious D - TheRossWalker

Due to Footjob Fever making a good point I've added the next line to number 5 as its not The Beatles... oh and unfortunately YI got there first on Dammit.

Edited by 619 fan