Guess The Lyrics Game

Farmer Reil

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh fuck >_< Zombie Nation!
THANKYOU! They only play it everytime the Maple Leafs score, Oh wait... Nevermind. <_<

And the song it's self is called Kernkraft 400 and it's done by Zombie Nation, I thought the same as you before I looked it up on wiki, You still get the song crossed off the board.

Edited by Sgt. Slogger

10 sounds like a Bruce Dickinson song from the description - but all I know of his that well is Tears of the Dragon, which that isn't.

Is 5 a Korpiklaani song?

6 - Is it an Edguy track?

FUCK! 14 is Amon Amarth! Twilight of the Thunder God! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yus to everything.

10 sounds like a Bruce Dickinson song from the description - but all I know of his that well is Tears of the Dragon, which that isn't.

Is 5 a Korpiklaani song?

6 - Is it an Edguy track?

FUCK! 14 is Amon Amarth! Twilight of the Thunder God! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yus to everything.

Well, then I'm done. I have one best of Bruce album which I could check out, but if it's from his album from 3 or 4 years back I won't have it. Korpiklaani are fun but I know fuck all lyrics br a few from Wooden Pints.

And Edguy are great from what I've heard but again only know odd line from King of Fools etc.

Now go and try and finish mine off :shifty:

Fuck, didn't see the post where I was wrong on the Dragonforce song. Valley of the Damned~! Dunno what I was thinking there, as for once the usual DF excuse "it sounds the same ¬_¬!" doesn't work either. :shifty:

As for #3, X-Japan? Going through my PC's playlist here dude... this is all I have left. My God they sucked. :P

I googled 1 and wouldn't have known. The clue for 2 points at Beholder, but I don't know any of their songs. No idea on the rest.

I might as well do this:

1. "I got a new year's resolution, I think I know what I'm gonna do"

2. "Idle juvenile on the street, on the street, he's kicking everything with his feet, with his feet"

3. "Chewing out a rhythm on my bubblegum, the sun is out and I want some"

4. "She's got a T-Top Camaro with a scoop on the hood, and two big speakers blasting Johnny B. Goode"

5. "Well you ask me about the clothes I wear, and you ask me why I grow my hair"

6. "It's criminal, there ought to be a law, it's criminal, there ought to be a whole lot more"

7. "Well it ain't no use to sit and wonder why baby, if you don't know by now"

8. "I woke up on a sofa in an unfamiliar house, surrounded by sleeping folks I didn't know"

9. "Let me know what I've done wrong, when I've known this all along"

10. "Women think I'm tasty, but they're always trying to waste me, and make me burn the candle right down"

11. "I was born by the river, in a little rent, and just like that river I've been running ever since"

12. "She keeps Moet et Chandon in her pretty cabinet, let them eat cake she says, just like Marie Antoinette"

13. "Her face is a map of the world, is a map of the world"

14. "My love she speaks like silence, without ideals of violence"

15. "Does he love me, I wanna know, how can I tell if he loves me so" :shifty:

Both correct. Went to see Frank Turner on Friday night: fucking awesome.

Saw him up here March last year on his headline tour, then at Leeds, then early last month supporting The Gaslight Anthem in London. Even though the sets weren't particularly different, he's been amazing all three times. One of those people that I cannot get sick of seeing. The new song he played at the Gaslight show (and has been playing all tour, so I presume he'd have played it Friday) with all the "ba-ba-ba" bits in, is really poppy, but really, really good. Will definitely be catching him in October, and wouldn't say no to him being at Leeds again this year. Such a great live presence.

Fuck, didn't see the post where I was wrong on the Dragonforce song. Valley of the Damned~! Dunno what I was thinking there, as for once the usual DF excuse "it sounds the same ¬_¬!" doesn't work either. :shifty:

As for #3, X-Japan? Going through my PC's playlist here dude... this is all I have left. My God they sucked. :P

I googled 1 and wouldn't have known. The clue for 2 points at Beholder, but I don't know any of their songs. No idea on the rest.

Valley of The Damned = correct.

X-Japan = correct. I'll also see no one sully their good name. Legends, they are. LEGENDS. (Though that particular cover isn't that good >_>)

Beholder = correct. I'll give you it as literally no one will get it. The song is called "7even".

Mine, updated II:

1. Selling your God

2. Listen to me now, let's decide the way we'll go - 7even, Beholder - Reil

3. Friends say it's fine, friends say it's good - 20th Century Boy, X-Japan - Reil

4. On scorched earth return me to be a simple man - Borrowed Time, Diamond Head - Toffeefan

5. If you change your mind, I'm the first in line - Take A Chance on Me, ABBA - RW

6. Hear my story, hear my words, they might speak truth about this world - Land Of Innocence, Thunderstone - Reil

7. Rape me - Rape Me, Nirvana - RW

8. Big wheels keep on turning - Sweet Home Alabama, Lynyrd Skynynrd - RW

9. On a cold dark winter night hidden by the stormy light - Valley of the Damned, Dragonforce - Reil

10. Let me tell you a story to chill the bones - Dance of Death, Iron Maiden - Reil

11. If we're so much the same like I always hear - The Larger Bowl, Rush - Footjob's friend Chris :shifty:

12. Work work money made - Money Made, AC/DC - Reil

13. Run... hide

14. Settle down! She's got legs... like an airship - Nodding Donkey Blues, Iron Maiden - Reil

15. You're a dreamer and you live in a world of lies full of sinners - Head Up High, Firewind - Reil

Clues:

1. The band is Canadian. A death metal band with both melodic and progressive influences.

13. American post-grunge band with religious themes.

Which one did you check and not know, Reil? #1?

I'll accept just the band name for #1.

#13 are at least known by most people who listen to the more radio friendly end of the market. They did at least one song for a WWE PPV a few years ago. Most of the band are now in a band that do a current WWE wrestler's entrance music, whereas the lead singer has kind of done bugger all bar a solo album shortly after the split. >_>

Yeah, it was #1 that I googled. Never heard of them. :P

Got bored, nobody would've got the Firewind song, and W-f-S didn't seem to want to get One More Magic Potion :P So I decided nobody would get any of the others and started a new one (answers are up in the post). This time, I skipped any songs by obscure artists. Well, mostly ¬_¬ (#1 is by the same artist as an unguessed song on the original list, but the lyrics are way easier. The same is true for #9).

#1 Tattooed boys with expensive toys, living in a bubble of sin.

#2 Honey it's getting close to midnight, and all the myths are still in town. Iron Maiden - Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter (W-F-S)

#3 Look all around, can't you open your eyes, voices are calling. Killing rain falling down from the sky, crying with nightmare tears.

#4 I died, many years ago. But you can make me feel like it isn't so.

#5 Never exhume me, I don't want you. My dream, just like a waterfall in black and white.

#6 So mysterious is your world, concealed beyond the stars. Far away from the earth, it flows one with time and dark as the night. Wintersun - Starchild (Winter-F'n-Sun)

#7 The wolves, my love, will come. Taking us home where dust once was a man. Nightwish - 7 Days To The Wolves (DoubleX)

#8 Empty spaces, what are we living for? Abandoned places, I guess we know the score. Queen - The Show Must Go On (Liam)

#9 Trapped in purgatory, a lifeless object alive. Awaiting reprisal, death will be their acquisition. Slayer - Rain In Blood (W-F-S)

#10 Algalord arise, greater than before! Time of peace, not of war!

#11 They called me the Leather Apron, they called me Smiling Jack. They prayed to the heavens above that I would never ever come back. Lordi - Blood Red Sandman (W-F-S)

#12 Don't turn off the light, you might draw the queen of spades. Don't shut the door, you don't need to be alone.

#13 Killer, intruder, homicidal man, if you see me coming, run as fast as you can. A blood thirsty demon who's stalking the street, I hack up my victims like pieces of meat

(Note: Not the first lyrics, but the first actual sung verse of the song. There's some muttering in the intro, and technically the first line of the track is the song title)

#14 If you like to gamble, I tell ya I'm your man. Motorhead - Ace Of Spades (Liam)

#15 Hit dirt, shake tree. Split sky, part sea. Strip smile, lose cool. Bleed the day and break the rule. Metallica - Carpe Diem Baby (The Sandman)

Edited by Farmer Reil

13 is 'Suddenly I See' by KT Tunstall for FD/Bigal's one.

Isn't 9 in Reily's one Slayer and.......'Angel Of Death'?

8 = Queen 'The Show Must Go On'

14 = Motorhead 'Ace Of Spades'

Edited by Big Hairy Man Face

#2 Iron Maiden or Bruce Dickinson - Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter

11 - Lordi - Devil Is A Loser

...and screw you Liam I got to Slayer first >_>

... and I'll do a new list once someone guesses my #13.

Edited by Winter-F'n-Sun!

Man, re-edit your posts :shifty:

And the board timing is on my side, plus I gave him a song title. I R WINNAR.

The wrong song. :shifty:

I'm pretty sure it's Rain In Blood, not Angel of Death.

• Admin

FD:

12. "She keeps Moet et Chandon in her pretty cabinet, let them eat cake she says, just like Marie Antoinette" - Killer Queen, Queen

15. "Does he love me, I wanna know, how can I tell if he loves me so" - The Shoop Shoop Song, Cher