Guess The Lyrics Game

Farmer Reil

2. "Idle juvenile on the street, on the street, he's kicking everything with his feet, with his feet"

- AC/DC - Shake a Leg

13. "Her face is a map of the world, is a map of the world"

- KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See :shifty: Oh dear God why did I just admit to knowing this?

15. "Does he love me, I wanna know, how can I tell if he loves me so" :shifty:

I know it, but have no idea who sings it or what the title is. My mum will probably know though :shifty:

Edit:

Isn't 9 in Reily's one Slayer and.......'Angel Of Death'?

8 = Queen 'The Show Must Go On'

14 = Motorhead 'Ace Of Spades'

Yes but no, yes, yes.

#2 Iron Maiden or Bruce Dickinson - Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter

Yes.

11 - Lordi - Devil Is A Loser

Wrong song. But you were right about the Slayer song. :P

Edited by Farmer Reil

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 - Lordi - Devil Is A Loser

...and screw you Liam I got to Slayer first >_>

... and I'll do a new list once someone guesses my #13.

Actually, the Lordi song is Blood Red Sandman.

Sod it, since everybody seemingly hates Creed around here I'm guessing no one will actually get #13 of mine.

So, yeah my #1 was 'Selling God' by Into Eternity and #13 'Whose Got My Back?' by Creed.

New list to come, just gotta fire winamp up :)

Here's my new list:

Hey, get rhythm -

Born down in a dead man's town -

Today they asked me, "what do you always seem to find?" -

The first time that she got high -

Scortched by winters wrath -

Baptised with a perfect name -

Dear mother, -

The apparition of two faces in disgust -

Once again the same things on your mind -

Hear the rime of the ancient mariner -

Weaving a thread round your heart and your soul -

So mysterious is your world -

Nobody else can see you the same way as myself -

Can't stop addicted to the shin dig -

It's quite possible that I'm your third man girl -

A new Royal Family -

Well, you're just across the street -

Pick me up, been bleeding too long -

It's good to hear your voice -

The worlds have now learned of the worst yet to come -

Edited by Winter-F'n-Sun!

1: Somewhere in the middle of this lonely town

2: Let’s begin at the beginning Frank Turner - I Knew Prufrock Before He Got Famous [YI]

3: And tonight, the coastline is quiet The Gaslight Anthem - Wooderson [YI]

4: The official diagnosis is a broken heart Former Cell Mates - Does He Make You Laugh? [YI]

5: Oooh, you make me live Frank Turner - You're My Best Friend (Queen cover) [YI]

6: I walked through the street for the ten thousandth time The Magnificent - Lifetime [YI]

7: You take the best away from me, and give it all away Pennywise - One Reason [YI]

8: Don’t think it was never the words you said Me vs Hero - Star Raiders and Space Invaders [YI]

9: You make me smile with every line

10: The mirror never lies, and neither does the face

11: Goodbye to me and you, goodbye to the life we knew Bouncing Souls - Night Train [fr34k]

12: Merry Christmas, you filthy animals... And a Happy New Year... MexicoFALLZ - I Hope Your Parents Got You A Tombstone For Christmas Kid!/Somewhere In My Memory [YI]

13: The screen door slams, Mary’s dress waves Frank Turner - Thunder Road (Bruce Springsteen cover) [Marcos]

14: Today, this could be the greatest day of my life Frank Turner - Greatest Day (Take That Cover) [Footjob Fever]

15: Damn, I love the jam, the jet and the mansion

Clue time. For some, I'll give clues to the band, others, the second line.

1: Out of sight, you stole my county.

2: We're lovers and we're losers.

6: Leeds-based band, appeared on Gaylist 6.

8: UK pop-punk band, on a co-headlining tour at the end of the month.

9: Got me tossing and turning in my bed.

10: Of a man who doesn't know where his place is.

13: Cover, by the same artist who covered 14 and 5. Also appears with one of their own songs.

15: Artist is currently at 3 and 6 in the UK chart, with two singles. This isn't one of them.

So yeah, all three covers were by Frank Turner. :shifty:

Any offers on the rest? Might do a second list soon.

#15 Hit dirt, shake tree. Split sky, part sea. Strip smile, lose cool. Bleed the day and break the rule.

Metallica - Carpe Diem Baby.

EDIT:

Baptised with a perfect name -

Hear the rime of the ancient mariner -

Nightwish - Amaranth and the second one is Iron Maiden - Rime Of The Ancient Mariner

Edited by The Sandman

Fuck it, laying mine to rest...as no fucker's going to get them (a few of which I'm really surprised at);

1) Bite the tongue, to live with what you've done, it's so good, it's so good... "Grey Matter" by Finch {rvdwannabe}

2) If it can be broke then it can be fixed, if it can be fused then it can be split, it's all under control, it's all under control...yadda yadda... "Pioneers" by Bloc Party {TSSTB}

3) Grow up children, dont you suffer, at the hands of one another, if you like a sleeping demon, listen can you hear him weeping...

4) The grass is always greener, as I'm sure that you've found, if I find my way back on the last leg of this trip, I'm betting I'm finding you there...

5) Girls are always wrong, they find out later on, they find out later on when it's too late to fix what's done...

6) Hey tired man I see you walk alone, the wrinkles on you face a map of all your pain... "Rottin' Apple" by Strung Out {TheRossWalker}

7) Take the money, from the children, they don't need it at all...

8) Let the damn cows moo, let those stupid birds fly, let the dogs sit on the chair, let the cat shed its long hair, let the goldfish swim outside...

9) The red lights mean you're leaving, the white one's mean returning, tell me how this story ends, and I'll keep them fires burning...

10) We're talking away, I don't know what I'm to say, I'll say it anyway, today's another day to find you, shying away, I'll be coming for your love, okay?... "Take On Me (Aha Cover)" by Cap'n Jazz {rvdwannabe}

3) A song, not by Joy Division, on my favourite album by one of my favourite bands {"Vanishing Point" by New Order}

4) Song from the debut album from emo pioneers, reformed late last year {"Last Place You Look" by The Get Up Kids}

5) The song name is in the first line...but fuck, nobody's going to get this {"Girls Are Always Wrong by Lightning Love}

7) Belgian band, finally put out their debut album this year {"Let Me In" by Das Pop}

8) Ska band with an absolutely ridiculous name, from their last album released in 2007 {"Hell On Earth" by Big D & The Kids Table}

9) THE 'trendwhore' indie band pretty much, this is a song from their debut EP, and is not the song they re-recorded for their most recent album {"Headlights Look Like Diamonds" by Arcade Fire}

Fuck it...let's go with another 10;

1. I'm frightened at night and the wind has a roar, it seeps through the hall and from under the door

2. We're finding out some scummy fuck just threw it in a fifteen year old, I mean come on man, is that the life you want?

3. From ocean to sky, summer and fall, I have been there through it all

4. dum-d-d-d-du-dum-dum-dum.....-OR-.....Doing everything by halves, you got a real flair with excuses

5. Well they closed down the auto plant in Mahwah late that month, Ralph went out lookin for a job but he couldnt find none {COVER}

6. Pretty green eyes, so full of sparke and such light "Pretty Green Eyes" by Ultrabeat {Ross Walker}

7. I don't mind the weather, I've got scarves and caps and sweaters, I've got long johns under slacks for blustery days

8. So I'm looking at this bottle, and this bottle, it speaks to me, it says get off the fucking train, so I jumped down

9. The clock struck twelve, 2 hours ago, time flies when you're stuck in last year

10. da-da-da-da-da-d-da-da.....-OR-.....I'm okay, there's not a lot for me to do today

Yeah, all of these should be got (9 is a bit of a bastard, but I saw them last night (HIIINT) and have been on tour with two of EWB's/my current favourite artists recently...if he was there at the very start of their set, RVDWannabe would have heard this song first last month :shifty:) as I know all of them have somewhat of a following on here...I never honestly realised those were the lyrics to 2...seriously...when I thought that song couldn't get anymore fucking awesome...it goes and does it.

Edited by YI

I can't remember who does it, but not surprisingly, 6 is 'Pretty Green Eyes'

Just checked....Ultrabeat....bah, I knew ths song, I take this as a point.

EDIT: Dammit, I spent too long checking for the bands name >_>

Edited by Big Hairy Man Face

2. We chase misprinted lies Alice In Chains 'Nutshell' TMW

3. Dead, I am the one, exterminating son Rob Zombie 'Dragula' fr34k

4. One devotion to an empty moment Finch 'Awake' YI

8. Readying to bury your father and your mother REM 'Sweetness Follows' YI

9. Went to a party, I danced all night Dead Kennedys 'Too Drunk To Fuck' Lint6

14. Landing on a runway in Chicago and I’m drowning all my dreams Fall Out Boy 'Homesick At Space Camp' Lj.

15. I was born in a town where the rivers run free The Gaslight Anthem 'Red At Night' TRW

I'm gonna do a rolling 15, so here are the ones that haven't been done yet, and the additional lyrics.

1. The avalanche we start towards

2. You're keeping in step, in line, got your chin held high and you feel just fine

3. I want somebody to share, share the rest of my life

4. Going back to the corner where I first saw you The Script 'The Man Who Can't Be Moved Reilly

5. I was a little too tall, could’ve used a few pounds

6. You close your eyes, and leave me naked by your side

7. I don’t want to see you waiting, I’ve already gone too far away

8. In their eyes is the place that you finally discovered that you love it here

9. You don't need no friends, take back your faith again

10. Gotta’ find a way to grieve without my head sticking into my heart

11. They move too fast to be words behind your teeth

12. Park the car at the side of the road

13. I’m the best you ever had

14. Heart over mind, yes I'm my father's son

15. I'd like to close my eyes, go numb

Edited by Big Hairy Man Face

1. The avalanche we start towards

2. We chase misprinted lies Alice In Chains 'Nutshell' TMW

3. Dead, I am the one, exterminating son Rob Zombie 'Dragula' fr34k

4. One devotion to an empty moment Finch 'Awake' YI

5. I was a little too tall, could’ve used a few pounds

6. You close your eyes, and leave me naked by your side

7. I don’t want to see you waiting, I’ve already gone too far away

8. Readying to bury your father and your mother REM 'Sweetness Follows' YI

9. Went to a party, I danced all night Dead Kennedys 'Too Drunk To Fuck' Lint6

10. Gotta’ find a way to grieve without my head sticking into my heart

11. They move too fast to be words behind your teeth

12. Park the car at the side of the road

13. I’m the best you ever had

14. Landing on a runway in Chicago and I’m drowning all my dreams Fall Out Boy 'Homesick At Space Camp' Lj.

15. I was born in a town where the rivers run free The Gaslight Anthem 'Red At Night' TRW

Here's mine updated. As for some clues:

Number one would be easily got by Ollie. British band, had some success with their debut album, which is what this song is off of. Not a single though. I'll even give you that the song name is in the title, you're just looking for the band >_>

Number five is by an artist who has been covered by Metallica, but not the song that Metallica covered. Probably a little on the hard side.

Number six is probably another kinda hard one. Danish band, who I only really know for this song.

Seven is a naff alternative rock Canadian band who had a little bit of success in the UK riding off the back of Nickelback's success. Their 'big' single.

Ten is one for IAceI. UK alternative band, from Essex iirc.

Eleven I'm surprised no-one has got yet. Summers, Dragsy and Ellis's favourite band, and a song off of their third album.

Twelve is another one I'm surprised someone hasn't got yet. Legendary UK band whose singer has gone on to have a successful solo career, including a new album released about two weeks ago

Thirteen is probably a little difficult. One of my favourite bands twinned with one of my favourite vocalists for an EP whilst the band looked for a vocalist for their second album.

1. No idea.

5. Shot in the dark here... Misfits?

6. Fuck knows.

7. If someone said it, I'd know it (the band anyway)

10. fuck knows.

11. Coheed & Cambria - The Lying Lies and Dirty Secrets of Miss Erica Court (cheers iTunes <_<)

12. The Smiths, but I don't know what.

13. No clue.

Doubtful anyone will get them now, though YI will kick himself with 1 and 9, possibly also 10. For 15, I think you were fucked unless Katsuya showed up. :shifty:

2: Let’s begin at the beginning Frank Turner - I Knew Prufrock Before He Got Famous [YI]

4: The official diagnosis is a broken heart Former Cell Mates - Does He Make You Laugh? [YI]

5: Oooh, you make me live Frank Turner - You're My Best Friend (Queen cover) [YI]

6: I walked through the street for the ten thousandth time The Magnificent - Lifetime [YI]

7: You take the best away from me, and give it all away Pennywise - One Reason [YI]

8: Don’t think it was never the words you said Me vs Hero - Star Raiders and Space Invaders [YI]

11: Goodbye to me and you, goodbye to the life we knew Bouncing Souls - Night Train [fr34k]

12: Merry Christmas, you filthy animals... And a Happy New Year... MexicoFALLZ - I Hope Your Parents Got You A Tombstone For Christmas Kid!/Somewhere In My Memory [YI]

13: The screen door slams, Mary’s dress waves Frank Turner - Thunder Road (Bruce Springsteen cover) [Marcos]

14: Today, this could be the greatest day of my life Frank Turner - Greatest Day (Take That Cover) [Footjob Fever]

1: Automatic Loveletter - Suburbian Hell

9: MiMi Soya - Crazy

10: Strung Out - Lubricating The Revolution

15: Lady GaGa - Money Honey

Disclaimer time before list two. Some of these are my dad's music, I had to set up my old MP3 player for him to take away skiing this weekend. Some of these are easier than the last lot.

1: Out here the nights are long, the days are lonely

Bruce Springsteen – Working On A Dream

2: Julie was a lonely girl, she said she was born that way

Frank Turner – Julie (Levellers cover)

3: You can make the sea turn purple, you can make the seeds unfertile

Basshunter – Love You More

4: Always and forever is forever young

Robbie Williams – Love Somebody

5: Never had a point of view, ‘cause my mind was always someone else’s mind

Erasure – Breath of Life

6: Cupid, draw back your bow

Sam Cooke – Cupid

7: It’s Christmas and we walk alone

Owl City – The Christmas Song

8: Tick tock, can you hear the hands of the clock?

Consort With Romeo – Desperate To Prove You’re Not Desperate

9: Take a listen to what I say

Pennywise – Affliction

10: If I could write, I’d tell you how much I miss these nights

The Gaslight Anthem – Old White Lincoln

11: I get up in the evening, and I ain’t got nothing to say

Bruce Springsteen – Dancing In The Dark

12: Better stop dreaming of the quiet life, ‘cause it’s the one we’ll never know

The Jam – A Town Called Malice

13: Look, if you had one shot, one opportunity

Eminem – Lose Yourself

14: Well, I felt like a fool, when I finished with school

Pedals On Our Pirate Ships – Night Of The Living Wage

15: Well, I lie, I cheat, and I steal, and I don’t give two shits about how you feel

Frank Turner – Heartless Bastard Motherfucker

1. She set up for this Monday, I never know I've got, i tell all my friends, this mother and her dog

2. I stand at your gate, and the song that I sing is of moonlight. I stand and I wait.

3. I'm thinking of, thanking all the fucked people, thanking all the shit I love, they are all the things I've made.

4. The sun rise fills your eyes, cannot hear your cries, pleading please just go away - MADAM ME - ALKALINE TRIO (YI)

5. Seize the day or die of regretting the time you lost, it's empty and cold without you here (<_<) SEIZE THE DAY - AVENGED SEVENFOLD (Nerf)

6. Visting is pretty, visiting is good, seems all they ever wanted was a brother THIS IS A CALL - FOO FIGHTERS (TSSTB)

7. Do you have the time to listen to me whine about nothing and everything all at once? BASKET CASE - GREEN DAY (rvdwannabe)

8. Oh-oh-oh-oh, Little China Girl (<_<) CHINA GIRL - DAVID BOWIE (TheRossWalker)

9. Dad, I hate to tell you, sometimes I wanna slap you in the face, but dad I've gotta tell you, if you were gone I'd miss you from this place. DAD - GOLDFINGER (Reily)

10. The rain is here, and you my dear, are still my friend, it's true the two of us are back as one again. UP IN ARMS - FOO FIGHTERS (rvdwannabe)

11: One baby to another says I'm lucky to have met you, I don't care what you think unless it's about me. DRAIN YOU - NIRVANA (rvdwannabe)

12: Lovely, is the feeling now, fever, temperatures risin now.

13: Come to decide that the things that I tried were in my life just to get high on SNOW (HEY OH) - RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS (Nerf)

14: Dude, I totally miss you, I really fucking miss you, I'm all alone all the time DUDE, I TOTALLY MISS YOU - TENACIOUS D (TheRossWalker)

15: Dark desires of the cynic queen, laughter echoes her name, he feels his breath decay DRESSED TO KILL - SYMPHONY X (Farmer Reil)

Number one is the Nirvana demo that has different words to the released version, the opening lyrics to the released version are "I am my own parasite, I don't need a host to live. We feed off of each other, we can share our endorphins".

Number two is a Frank Sinatra cover of a song composed by Glenn Miller with lyrics by Mitchell Parish.

Number three is another term for "Fantasy" by a band on GH:WT.

Number twelve has just announced a new world tour.

Well I guess you're not going to get these.

1. Milk It - Nirvana

2. Moonlight Serenade - Frank Sinatra

3. Make Believe - KoRn

12. Don't stop 'til you get enough - Michael Jackson

New list :D

1. I don't feel as if I know you, you take up all my time.

2. The [__________], this human race that we run, it left me crawling

3. Please understand, this isn't just goodbye, this is I can't stand you.

4. Only way to feel the noise is when it's good and loud

5. Come on over and do the twist, ah ha, over do it and have a fit

6. Slashes to Slashes, dust to dust, with the blade in my hand, kill you, I might

7. Some people they call me Jack, some people they call me insane

8. I could stay awake just to hear you breathing

9. Cause it's the [___________], child, you know that we'll be rocking cos it's fucking insane.

10. FEEL THE FUNK BLAST, yo-yo-yo-yo-yo-yo-yo, check it out yo-yo-yo, I be walkin god like a dog

11. I am wasted and ugly, I am the underbelly, a fat fuck and fairy

12. [_________] of, some of those work forces are the same burn crosses.

13. Thinking back, thinking of you, summer time think it was June

14. The marching band came down along main street, the soldier blues fell in behind

15. I can't remember anything, can't tell if this is true or dream, deep down inside I feel to scream

Some really easy ones in there, I think you (collectively) should get most of them)... I may have fucked up on some lyrics but they're just about right <_<

Doubtful anyone will get them now, though YI will kick himself with 1 and 9, possibly also 10. For 15, I think you were fucked unless Katsuya showed up. :shifty:

1: Automatic Loveletter - Suburbian Hell

9: MiMi Soya - Crazy

10: Strung Out - Lubricating The Revolution

15: Lady GaGa - Money Honey

Disclaimer time before list two. Some of these are my dad's music, I had to set up my old MP3 player for him to take away skiing this weekend. Some of these are easier than the last lot.

1: Out here the nights are long, the days are lonely

Bruce Springsteen – Working On A Dream

2: Julie was a lonely girl, she said she was born that way

Frank Turner – Julie (Levellers cover)

3: You can make the sea turn purple, you can make the seeds unfertile

Basshunter – Love You More

4: Always and forever is forever young

Robbie Williams – Love Somebody

5: Never had a point of view, ‘cause my mind was always someone else’s mind

Erasure – Breath of Life

6: Cupid, draw back your bow

Sam Cooke – Cupid

7: It’s Christmas and we walk alone

Owl City – The Christmas Song

8: Tick tock, can you hear the hands of the clock?

Consort With Romeo – Desperate To Prove You’re Not Desperate

9: Take a listen to what I say

Pennywise – Affliction

10: If I could write, I’d tell you how much I miss these nights

The Gaslight Anthem – Old White Lincoln

11: I get up in the evening, and I ain’t got nothing to say

Bruce Springsteen – Dancing In The Dark

12: Better stop dreaming of the quiet life, ‘cause it’s the one we’ll never know

The Jam – A Town Called Malice

13: Look, if you had one shot, one opportunity

Eminem – Lose Yourself

14: Well, I felt like a fool, when I finished with school

Pedals On Our Pirate Ships – Night Of The Living Wage

15: Well, I lie, I cheat, and I steal, and I don’t give two shits about how you feel

Frank Turner – Heartless Bastard Motherfucker

Despite that you wrote the answers, I'd have got 4, 12 and 13. Possibly 10.

CLUE TIME! for my final two.

#2 - Has been used in wrestling before.

#11 - Remixed version of a song done by a popular rap group with another rap group.