Guess The Lyrics Game

Farmer Reil

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Chewing out a rhythm on my bubble gum, the sun is out and I want some.

2. See me in me heels and ting, dem check say we hip and ting.

3. I'm a flea bit peanut monkey, all my friends are junkies--thats not really true!

4. Life is a blast when you know what you're doin, best to know what you're doin 'fore your life get ruined.

5. She lives on love street. :shifty: Love Street by the Doors.

6. This song is dedicated to the United States Navy... 1234.

7. Anxious nights give way to daylight, she don't cry and she don't complain.

8. Come away with me my little delta boy, I wanna be your delta mama for awhile.

9. Oh please don't you think baby that I am wrong to cry, yeah.

10. All right, all right! I hope you son of bitches see the light!

Edited by GRIFT

Anyway, here's mine.

#1 - "I got up feeling so down, I got off on being sold out"

#2 - "Wooden Jesus, where are you from? Korea or Canada or maybe Taiwan"

#3 - "If it gets you down well then I'll take it, If it gets you up well I don't want it"

#4 - "When you think about it he's watching every word you say"

#5 - "Life it seems will fade away, Drifting further everyday" - Metallica, "Fade To Black" - DoubleX

#6 - "Pack it up, Pack it in, Let me begin" (live cover)

#7 - "Back in black, I hit the sack, I've been too long I'm glad to be back" - AC/DC, "Back in Black" - Timmidian

#8 - "And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack" (cover)

#9 - "Crowds that scream at superstars, Where bouncers show their battle scars" - Nickelback, "See You At The Show" - DoubleX

#10 - "Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world" - Journey, "Don't Stop Believin'" - Timmidian

#11 - "This time, this place, misused, mistakes" - Nickelback, "Far Away" - Footjob

#12 - "Follow me into the desert as thirsty as you are"

#13 - "I painted your room at midnight, so I'd know that yesterday was over" - Shinedown, "The Crow & The Butterfly" - Age of Forkton

#14 - "Generals gathered in their masses, Just like witches at black masses" - Black Sabbath, "War Pigs" - Reil

#15 - "If this isnt what you see, It doesnt make you blind"

A couple are easy, a couple covers, but I'll take the original where the cover version isn't as well known.

Ok, some clues.

#1 - The film "Feelin' Minnesota" was named after another lyric in this song.

#2 - Band fronted by man who fronts above band. Band only did one album in tribute of Andrew Wood of Mother Love Bone.

#3 - From the first album (self-titled) by the band that brought us "No One Knows"

#4 - Welsh band, recently had a high-charting greatest hits.

#6 - Irish/American hip-hop bands most recognized song; covered here by a recently reunited Jacksonville band who'll be heading to Download.

#8 - Original by band consisting of David Byrne; cover on album "A Modern Way of Living with the Truth", released 2007.

#12 - Same band as number 1, from their final album, released in 1997.

#15 - Same band as number 1 & 12, title track of their 1994 album, their most successful and acclaimed.

Edited by TheModernWay

1. "If there's anything that you want" - "From Me to You" - The Beatles (ToffeeFan2k8)

2. "How can I just let you walk away" - 'Against All Odds' - Phil Collins (RW)

3. "It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming" - 'Three Lions' - Baddiel, Skinner and The Lightning Seeds (RW)

4. "Didn't they say that I would make a mistake" - 'Picture of You - Boyzone (Downward Spiral)

5. "Everything is open, nothing is set in stone" - 'Driftwood' - Travis (RW)

6. "I won't be the one to disappoint you" 'Loves Not a Competition' - Kaiser Chiefs (Footjob Fever)

7. "When no-one else can understand me" - 'Wonder of You - Elvis Pressley (RW)

8. "Where I come from isn't all that great" - "Beverley Hills" - Weezer (fr34k)

9. "I'm flying away, Running like the wind"

10. "There's always somebody taller, with more of a wit" - 'Bigger Boys and Stolen Sweethearts' - Arctic Monkeys (Footjob Fever)

11. "You were young and your heart was an open book" - 'Live and Let Die' - Guns and Roses (TheModernWay)

12. "Oh here we are and here we are and here we go" 'Rockin All Over the World' - Status Quo (TheRossWalker)

13. "I live my life in the City" - 'Rock and Roll Star' - Oasis (RW)

14. "I used to be a criminal, top car dealer" - Police on my Back - Lethal Bizzle (619 Fan)

15. "Ever since I was a young boy, I played that silver ball" - 'Pinball Wizard' - The Who (TheModernWay)

Only number 9, and give the clue of darts. Also can say DER DER DER DER DER, DER DER DER DER DER, DER DER DER DER DER OI OI OI

Since the last clues didn't seem to help at all...

#1 Tattooed boys with expensive toys, living in a bubble of sin.

#3 Look all around, can't you open your eyes, voices are calling. Killing rain falling down from the sky, crying with nightmare tears. - Judas Priest or Black Sabbath - ??

#4 I died, many years ago. But you can make me feel like it isn't so.

#5 Never exhume me, I don't want you. My dream, just like a waterfall in black and white. - InMe - ??

#10 Algalord arise, greater than before! Time of peace, not of war! - Rhapsody of Fire - Unholy Warcry

#12 Don't turn off the light, you might draw the queen of spades. Don't shut the door, you don't need to be alone. - Deep Purple - ??

#13 Killer, intruder, homicidal man, if you see me coming, run as fast as you can. A blood thirsty demon who's stalking the street, I hack up my victims like pieces of meat Megadeth - Good Mourning, Black Friday

#1 The title track of this vocalists debut solo album, on which he worked with a guitarist who would later become part of the main band he's associated with when he later returned to it.

#3 an early 1990's single from an album by one of the founders of Heavy Metal, featuring their second most famous but clearly most talented vocalist.

#4 TV show. Vampires 'n' shit. Sung by an actor who used to be in a band.

#5 track from the debut album of an English alt rock band from Essex. IAceI would know it. Lead singer has alopecia, which means he's lost all of his hair..

#12 British band, one of their songs is one of the first tabs a guitarist ever learns, though this isn't that song. Singer used to sing in band from #3, but only sporadically.

#13 Vocalist was lead guitarist for another massive heavy metal band for two years, before forming his own band. Snarls all the time. Surname sounds sort of like an American car.

Edited by Farmer Reil

#3 Sabbath? Priest?

#5 InMe?

#10 is Unholy Warcry by Rhapsody/Rhapsody of Fire

#12 Deep Purple?

Edited by UM-F'n-B!

TheModernWays number 13 is The Crow and The Butterfly by Shinedown or it's The Crow Chasing The Butterfly...I can't quite remember the exact title, but I know it's along those lines. Awesome band too.And I can't think of the name for that damn Nickelback song. Stupid lyrics making me know the song but not able to think of the title.

#3 Sabbath? Priest?

#5 InMe?

#10 is Unholy Warcry by Rhapsody/Rhapsody of Fire

#12 Deep Purple?

Yes (one of them :P), Yes, Yes, Yes (which should give you #3).

Now get the other songs. :P

David Coverdale/Whitesnake?

• 7 months later...

I randomly thought of this today...so...BUMP. :shifty:

1) "St Catherine's Psychiatric Help Line, this is Nancy..." -OR- "As life hangs beside me, I gather all that I can"

2) "I heard his gun was loaded, I knew I heard the pull"

3) "Come on down the furthest reaches of your nowhere town"

4) "Despair to the point till they provoke, the punchline before they have told the joke" "Teddy Picker" by Arctic Monkeys [badotori]

5) "All hope abandon, ye who enter here - said the sign I read that was hanging above her bed"

6) "I can't imagine all the people that you know, and the places that you go when the lights are turned down low"

7) "It's over, I must have seen her face before"

8) "I smell the bullshit like the trenchfoot on your breath"

9) "Johnny's in the basement mixing up the medicine, I'm on the pavement thinking about the government"

10) "WHOA-OH-OH-OH-OH-OH-OH" -OR- "I have often wondered if a pregnant woman is decapitated, will the baby survive? will the baby survive?"

Edited by YI