Cult movies.

slain

So, I've recently become fairly obsessed with watching cult/horror/exploitation movies lately (due to podcasts like Outside The Cinema and Cinema Diabolica). Some recent viewings include Gummo, Kids, Eraserhead, Cannibal Holocaust, Blacula, etc. If anybody could recommend me some really fun/good cult/exploitation/horror movies, it would be greatly appreciated, and would keep me busy for the next month or so.

How good is A Clockwork Orange? I heard it's excellent but my family keep insisting that it's one of THE Worst movies ever created. I just want some final judgment on this as I've been wondering if I should even bother with it.

I'm not there is quite a good film. I'm not sure if you could class it as a cult film just yet but I'm sure it will head that way. The film is a biopic of Bob Dylan and 6 different actors portray ficticious characters based on periods of Dylans life. It's a very good film I think. Check it out anyway. There's always the obvious ones aswell so I won't mention those.

got a 70's british cult horror film, Tower of Evil. It's one of those so bad it's good film. Watched it again late last night as ,to my surprise, it was on TV.

Anything of Dario Argento's before 1990. Deep Red, Tenebre, Suspiria, and Phenomena are all worth checking out. Movies so cool, they were even referenced in Juno, a prime example of "things that a real teenager would never, ever be aware of."

Clockwork Orange is magnificent. I was able to go watch it in 1999/2000 when it was re-released into cinemas for the first time since it had been banned all those years ago. It's a truly great piece of work but it won't be what you expect it to be at all. It's more of a study on crime, punishment and rehabilitation than anything else.

I second Manos. (Y)

Clockwork Orange is magnificent. I was able to go watch it in 1999/2000 when it was re-released into cinemas for the first time since it had been banned all those years ago. It's a truly great piece of work but it won't be what you expect it to be at all. It's more of a study on crime, punishment and rehabilitation than anything else.

I second Manos. (Y)

I've never actually seen A Clockwork Orange, but its on my list of movies I plan to watch eventually.

Manos owes any cult classic status it may have to Mystery Science Theater 3000, and I seriously recommend watching that version of it.

(Incidentally, Torgo was supposed to be a

Satyr, which is why he walked with a limp
but they had problems with the prosthetics, so that was left out of the film. And the actor who played Torgo committed suicide later on. :( )

I think it is. Basically anything with Bruce Campbell I will love regardless, except Spiderman. And Ossie Davis as JFK, also brilliant.

Definately worth a watch, young man.

I own at least 20 movies that either star or have Bruce campbell in them

Bruce campbell is the greatest B movie actor of all time

I think it is. Basically anything with Bruce Campbell I will love regardless, except Spiderman. And Ossie Davis as JFK, also brilliant.

Definately worth a watch, young man.

I own at least 20 movies that either star or have Bruce campbell in them

Bruce campbell is the greatest B movie actor of all time

Damn straight.

I re-watched Bubba Ho-Tep the other day, actually, working my way through the Bruce Campbell boxset. First time I'd seen it in years, and it was even better than I'd remembered. Alien Apocalypse was a bag of cocks, though.