The Almost Impossible Premiership Pub Quiz Pt. 1

Blue Rosler

Twenty questions. One on each Premiership club. I will be shocked if any of you know this without scouring Wikipedia :)

6. Which two former Everton players have inspired a composition by the Finnish composer Osmo Tapio Räihälä? Duncan Ferguson and ???

7. Steve Davis played a frame of snooker versus which former Fulham player, raising over 1,000 pounds for charity?

15. Which former Stoke City player was the first non-white to play for England (although only in non official matches)?

17. Which Tottenham midfielder, post retirement, ran a restaurant in Ipswich?

18. Which former WBA midfielder (and legend) owns an online estate agent in Sheffield called The Home Game?

19. Which former West Ham defender is now giving something back to his local community, spending one day a week ferrying passengers to and from Rotherham hospice as a voluntary unpaid driver?

1. Post retirement, which former Arsenal winger opened a bar in Stockholm, called the Limp Bar? Anders Limpar

2. Which former Aston Villa striker was mugged in Didsbury in December 2008, having his watch and earrings stolen? Darius Vassell

3. Which former Blackburn winger graduated in 2007 with a first class degree in Law and French? Stuart Ripley

4. Which former Bolton forward released a singled called Vivre dans ta lumiere, meaning 'Living in your Light' in French? Youri Djorkaeff

5. Which former Chelsea defender appeared in the 2001 film Taking Sides? Frank Leboeuf

8. Which former Hull manager was accused, and cleared, of headbutting a man at Burnley Cricket Club in 2006? Stan Ternent

9. Which former Liverpool winger was an Associate Producer for Goal 2? Steve McManaman

10. A petition was created to ask the Prime Minister to Knight which former Man City manager as a result of his achievements with Everton? Howard Kendall

11. Which former Man Utd striker was made Knight, First Class of the Royal Norwegian Order of St Olav by King Harald V of Norway? Ole Solskjaer

12. Which former Middlesbrough forward is deaf in his left ear, and an ambassador for the National Deaf Awareness in Sport Alliance? Jason Euell

13. Which former Newcastle defender went on to run a successful fruit and vegetable business in Belgium? Phillipe Albert

14. Which Portsmouth defender walked the Great Wall of China for charity in 2005? Linvoy Primus

16. Which former Sunderland striker finished second in the Norweigan version of Dancing With The Stars? Tore Andre Flo

20. Which former Wigan striker is related to Olympic medallist John Regis? Jason Roberts

Just guess here.

#1 Has to be Anders Limpar.

I will edit in more guesses, I just wanted to make sure I got one before anyone else :shifty:

EDIT:

#10 might be Joe Royle for winning the FA Cup.

#11 Solkskjaer?

#13 Philippe Albert?

#18 Bryan Robson? Only WBA legend I can think of.

Edited by -A-

10. A petition was created to ask the Prime Minister to Knight which former Man City manager as a result of his achievements with Everton?

Joe Royle? I can't think of any other managers who were at both teams.

11. Which former Man Utd striker was made Knight, First Class of the Royal Norwegian Order of St Olav by King Harald V of Norway?

Ole Solskjaer?

20. Which former Wigan striker is related to Olympic medallist John Regis?

Cyril Regis?

Twenty questions. One on each Premiership club. I will be shocked if any of you know this without scouring Wikipedia :)

1. Post retirement, which former Arsenal winger opened a bar in Stockholm, called the Limp Bar? Emmanuel Petit

2. Which former Aston Villa striker was mugged in Didsbury in December 2008, having his watch and earrings stolen? Dion Dublin

3. Which former Blackburn winger graduated in 2007 with a first class degree in Law and French? Keith Gillespie

4. Which former Bolton forward released a singled called Vivre dans ta lumiere, meaning 'Living in your Light' in French? I actually know this, but I can't for the life of me remember

5. Which former Chelsea defender appeared in the 2001 film Taking Sides? Frank LeBoeuf

6. Which two former Everton players have inspired a composition by the Finnish composer Osmo Tapio Räihälä? Kevin Campbell and Duncan Ferguson

7. Steve Davis played a frame of snooker versus which former Fulham player, raising over 1,000 pounds for charity? Steven Davis

8. Which former Hull manager was accused, and cleared, of headbutting a man at Burnley Cricket Club in 2006? I don't know any former Hull managers

9. Which former Liverpool winger was an Associate Producer for Goal 2? Steve McManaman

10. A petition was created to ask the Prime Minister to Knight which former Man City manager as a result of his achievements with Everton? Joe Royle

11. Which former Man Utd striker was made Knight, First Class of the Royal Norwegian Order of St Olav by King Harald V of Norway? Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

12. Which former Middlesbrough forward is deaf in his left ear, and an ambassador for the National Deaf Awareness in Sport Alliance? Juninho

13. Which former Newcastle defender went on to run a successful fruit and vegetable business in Belgium? Dunno

14. Which Portsmouth defender walked the Great Wall of China for charity in 2005? Sylvain Distin

15. Which former Stoke City player was the first non-white to play for England (although only in non official matches)? Black Guy :shifty:

16. Which former Sunderland defender finished second in the Norweigan version of Dancing With The Stars?

17. Which Tottenham midfielder, post retirement, ran a restaurant in Ipswich? David Ginola

18. Which former WBA midfielder (and legend) owns an online estate agent in Sheffield called The Home Game? Can't guess

19. Which former West Ham defender is now giving something back to his local community, spending one day a week ferrying passengers to and from Rotherham hospice as a voluntary unpaid driver? Razor Ruddock

20. Which former Wigan striker is related to Olympic medallist John Regis? Emile Heskey

Just guess here.

It's amazing how much I've forgotten and have had to place the only winger/forward/defender I could think of that once played for a club <_<

Edited by Footjob Fever

Two guesses for the Bolton forward (#4) Djorkaeff or Diouf. Only French-speaking forwards I can think of. Maybe Okocha? What language do they speak in Nigeria?

Djorkaeff is correct, but I'm fairly sure Anelka could speak passable French too. :shifty:

Oh, and just because I happen to know, the official language of Nigeria is English (it was discovered by the Portuguese, but became part of the British Empire). Nigeria is pretty much the only West African nation that isn't French speaking. Just so you know. :shifty:

Anelka would have been too easy :shifty:

#19 is infuriating me because I should be able to get a West Ham question. I can't think of many Welsh defenders we've had that aren't at the club any more. I'll guess Julian Dicks because he was from the south-west. Maybe Rob Lee? Purely because he seemed like a nice guy ;)

#20 another scattergun approach, but I can only guess from a few black English Wigan strikers - Nathan Ellington, Jason Roberts or Marcus Bent?

Edited by -A-

#19 is infuriating me because I should be able to get a West Ham question. I can't think of many Welsh defenders we've had that aren't at the club any more. I'll guess Julian Dicks because he was from the south-west. Maybe Rob Lee? Purely because he seemed like a nice guy ;)

But surely the guy is from Rotherham? Not Wales or the South West. It says local community and Rotherham Hospice, which is South Yorkshire.

2. Which former Aston Villa striker was mugged in Didsbury in December 2008, having his watch and earrings stolen? Stan Collymore?

6. Which two former Everton players have inspired a composition by the Finnish composer Osmo Tapio Räihälä? Andrei Kanchelskis and Paul Rideout?

7. Steve Davis played a frame of snooker versus which former Fulham player, raising over 1,000 pounds for charity? David Healy?

12. Which former Middlesbrough forward is deaf in his left ear, and an ambassador for the National Deaf Awareness in Sport Alliance? No idea

14. Which Portsmouth defender walked the Great Wall of China for charity in 2005? Linvoy Primus

15. Which former Stoke City player was the first non-white to play for England (although only in non official matches)? Pas

17. Which Tottenham midfielder, post retirement, ran a restaurant in Ipswich? Tim Sherwood?

18. Which former WBA midfielder (and legend) owns an online estate agent in Sheffield called The Home Game? No Idea

19. Which former West Ham defender is now giving something back to his local community, spending one day a week ferrying passengers to and from Rotherham hospice as a voluntary unpaid driver? Nigel Winterburn?