UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

I don't get how people find it hard to transition off the ground, or get people off of them.

I thought I found how to do it, then I played against Maxx and the computer (who played with a guy who's great on the ground) and I just couldn't manage to stop them. Sure I can transition and stuff, but if the opponent knows how the moves work better than me they can block me and it just drains my stamina. Whenever I tried to twist my body the computer would just block me and I tap out to a submission.

Maybe mix it up a little bit. Minor transition to control the head, then go for a major transition. Hit jabs to stop them pummeling away at you without mercy, and then control the head to catch a breather. You can also move your legs whilst controlling the head, which apparently can lead to the fight being stood up if you basically smother the opposition for long enough.

i hate people quitting. I went Bisping so he went grove... I clinched pull guard and went for armbar and got it he quits. I'm 13-9 but i should be 16-9 it's annoying

Maybe mix it up a little bit. Minor transition to control the head, then go for a major transition. Hit jabs to stop them pummeling away at you without mercy, and then control the head to catch a breather. You can also move your legs whilst controlling the head, which apparently can lead to the fight being stood up if you basically smother the opposition for long enough.

I remember doing this in the tutorial, but I can't remember how to keep the opponent close to you so the referee breaks it up. I thought it was flicking the right analoge stick to the right but guess not.

I remember doing this in the tutorial, but I can't remember how to keep the opponent close to you so the referee breaks it up. I thought it was flicking the right analoge stick to the right but guess not.

To be honest, I can't remember either >_>

I'm stuck on defending the Muay Thai clinch when they drag the head forward or backward and knee you. How do you block it or get out of it?

I think it's holding the right stick away from them. Flicking (when you time it right) reverses a transition attempt.

I hereby lay down an open challenge to anyone on this board to fight me in the game (Xbox 360 users) this weekend.

I've got a full break this weekend and time to throw away, so add me at some point and we'll have a few games, gamertag in my sig.

The clinch is a bitch, so many people looking to use it in a cheap way online. Anyone who plays as Rampage looks for it straight away and then spams the uppercut. I've got better at reversing it but there's just times when it refuses to block it and leaves me to get battered for a while. I've managed to finally up my ground game and stand up so I'm hoping to focus on this part of things.

OK, I've tried the entry level wrestling camp twice and the same thing happens each time. After a takedown, I try and get back up and get blocked. We roll over so he's on top of me (!). I try and transition out, but get blocked and we end up with him basically sat behind me, but holding me to stop me getting up. We then roll back and repeat OVER AND OVER and waste the five minutes doing that.

Is their a way I can stop him doing that when I try and transition out, and/or how do I get out of the seated position?

I suck at the wrestling camp even more than the Kick-Boxing camp.

Though I did FINALLY get my first submission, after one and a half rounds of ONLY punching Drew McFedries in the chest and kicking his legs he finally tapped to my fourth/fifth submission attempt, with me playing as Anderson Silva. I do find it curious that I've been tapped inside a minute before with minimal targetting of the chest and limbs, and no previous submission attempts and yet this took 3/4 attempts. but heh, I finally got a Submission!

Edited by T'Angelo Barksdale

OK, I've tried the entry level wrestling camp twice and the same thing happens each time. After a takedown, I try and get back up and get blocked. We roll over so he's on top of me (!). I try and transition out, but get blocked and we end up with him basically sat behind me, but holding me to stop me getting up. We then roll back and repeat OVER AND OVER and waste the five minutes doing that.

Is their a way I can stop him doing that when I try and transition out, and/or how do I get out of the seated position?

I suck at the wrestling camp even more than the Kick-Boxing camp.

Though I did FINALLY get my first submission, after one and a half rounds of ONLY punching Drew McFedries in the chest and kicking his legs he finally tapped to my fourth/fifth submission attempt, with me playing as Anderson Silva. I do find it curious that I've been tapped inside a minute before with minimal targetting of the chest and limbs, and no previous submission attempts and yet this took 3/4 attempts. but heh, I finally got a Submission!

Submissions have almost nothing to do with limb damage. The reason you get submitted fast is because you use up your stamina fast. Don't use too many head kicks/superman punches as these drain stamina fast.

I knew it was stamina related, not limb damage, and that chest/leg shots were a good was to drain the CPU's stamina. I do need to work on conserving stamina a bit, I still find it a little biased in favour of the COU so far though.

Edited by T'Angelo Barksdale

Quasi complaining about how Maxx did nothing but keep it on the ground reminded me how Maxx complained about me keeping it on the ground and doing submissions. It's funny that he would complain about that yet in those fights from last week but the few he played against me the other day all he would do is take me down, powerbomb, and punch, yet when I take him down and go for submissions he will always complain about it if I beat him as if the way he wins is somehow better.

I got this today, am really enjoying it so far. Have mostly just been messing about on Exhibition mode, trying out all the weight classes and several different fighters (current faves include Frank Mir, Brock Lesnar, Anderson Silva, Roger Huerta and Georges St-Pierre), a lot of fun has been had with Mir grounding people and then pounding their faces into KO time and time again.

Starting a career with my CAF, Leonard "The Doctor" McCoy (<_<), going for the 'headkick until KO' school of thought, mixed with some BJJ for ground stuff. That said, as yet I've had a bit of difficulty getting to grips with the ground game, so striking might be the way to go for now.

Just finished my career, awesome stuff. Finished 29-5 (guessing you can go longer than this?) and went 12 fights undefeated and bowed out with the title. Took on GSP in my final fight and it was a cracker, it seemed like the difficulty shot up a hundred notches in this final match. Crazy ground work and mad brawling and combos in the stand up. Killed him in the third round with probably the best knock out of my career, great way to bow out. I also love the little finishing career moment in the octagon, nice touch. Hopefully if we get another addition of this, they can maybe even add in a part where they do this after most big matches and have Rogan say a few things to you.

Didn't make the HOF, finished on like 80.000+ CRED and from what people have said here, I'm guessing you need 100,000. Not really bothered though, would of been nice, but I'm damn happy with that first career and the finishing result after messing up a little at the start of it all. Managed to claim all of the awards, although only managed one SOTN in my entire career. It seems if you don't get the win in the first round, you rarely get any of those trophies for some weird reason. If I win with any submission or KO in the first round, it seems to be an auto trophy.

Ended with something like 81 Strength, 81 Speed and 79 Cardio. He's 92 OV (Which is a little bit higher than I wanted by not too over tanked, so usable online I'd say). Greatly enjoyed the career mode though and disagree with the earlier review that it was a let down. There's so much they can improve upon next time, but they've got a great basis for this now and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Going to start another one in a day or two, not sure what division, might go with Heavyweight this time.