UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

what the hell do you have to do to get into the Hall of Fame when the career mode ends? My Fedor CAF had a 25-10-0 record, two Heavyweight title reigns, the 3,6 and 10 win fight streak, several Fight of the Night and Knockout awards (fuck Submissions, seriously). That's probably the best career I've had with any created fight so far.

It seems pritty randome, some people say 100000 cred will get you in, others say they got way over that and endet up getting no HOF Place. Some people get in with 5 looses, others do not get in with only 2 looses. Same for the Awards... some get in with only a few, other do not get in with a ton of em.

I guss going unbeaten should to the trick for shure...

• Like 1

There really needs to be an Exhibition Title Defense mode. And come on, it's UFC, where is a tournament feature? Oh, and injuries/bone breaks in the actual gameplay, too. Career mode is decent for a first time game like this. Hopefully these are addressed in the next series, if there is one.

How often do you think bones actually break in UFC fights? An injury system where going into a fight with poor stamina could be punished with restricted movement, less resistance to submissions etc. might be cool, but off-hand, the only time I can remember a bone breaking is Tim Sylvia.

I still refuse to believe that it was a glitch in my game when I broke Liddell's arm with a kick. His entire arm bent behind his back and it actually looked like it snapped out of place, also giving me an instant KO, which left me shocked as I didn't know what the hell was going on at the time. The replay was sick and I couldn't give a damn even if it was a random glitch :P

Plan on trading this in this coming week. It's not that it's not a great game, it's just I haven't got as much time to play it and I haven't got a complete burning desire to get back on it now that I've gone through most of the game. That's not a bad thing though and I still wont say a single bad word about it. The game is fantastic for the first one and I think next years could be something even more special. I'd like the next one to be a bit more sloppy inside the cage, if that makes sense. As in the take downs not always looking spot on perfect like they do here, sort of give it a more rough edge to make it that bit more realistic. Cant wait to see what they do next year though.

I know what you mean i wanted and liked playing it when i was trying to get to 100 wins online and when i got that i haven't been on it for ages i started a career with Vitor Belfort but i felt it was just a chore so i might trade it in or just let it gather dust somewhere

• 3 weeks later...

So I chucked this in my PS3 today and had what was probably my best/most exciting fight yet.

It was me versus Thales Leites for the title, my first shot at it as well. The first round was mostly me controlling, keeping him down on the ground with my BJJ, wearing him down with some leg and body kicks and snapping off a few quick flurries here and there just to do some damage. He finally got to mount on me, but time expired just before he could do anything with it.

Next round was VERY even, we had what must've been a minute long grappling contest on the ground to try and see who could gain the advantage, which was him! After a while I decided I was too tired to try any submissions or to get to mount, so I backed up, but he was quick to follow me on my feet and I just barley got away from him as he got the mount again, with time expiring as I got to my feet.

Final round was the sweetest one, quite even but the ball was more in my court, he was much more tired than me and any time he was laying down, I laid into him with leg kicks to wear him down some more. Eventually we had another quick grappling contest that ended with both of us tired as fuck, so I decided to back off again as I didn't have the stamina to do any real damage. Next thing I know, he charges at me, but I duck backwards and his massive punch misses! As he's regaining his footing, I used a head kick and knocked him the fuck out in the sweetest Knock Out I've had yet. Got fight of the night for the match and my first title in this weight division. :)

Bought the PS3 Slim last week and went ahead and bought UFC at the same time. Been loving it, just as I knew I would (I'd played it before-- just exhibition, though)... been really enjoying career mode. Thus far (primarily because of the fact that, again, I've played this before at work) my guy's gone 20-1-0 with my only loss being against Antoni Hardonk because it was close to the start of my career mode and I didn't think to check my stamina going into the match. I'd sparred the week before and it dropped me to like 14%, and although I stretched the match to two rounds Hardonk basically wasted me with a headshot about 30 seconds into the second.

Best match thus far was against Lesnar, it was my first match for the Heavyweight Championship and it went for a full five rounds before I finally pulled out a win by dropping him with a headkick when he came lunging in for a superman punch. Caught him right as he rose.

Sickest looking knockout I've managed was against Cheick Kongo in our first match. We'd been fighting about halfway through the second round, he'd cut me above the eye and I cut him on the bridge of his nose, close to his right temple, and across his left eyebrow. He had me on my back, and I transitioned out and as the both of us stood, he went for a right hook. Problem was I went for a right headkick at the same time, and the way the kick landed it looked like my leg lifted his arm up behind his head, and it looked like my knee basically hit him in the temple and that wound I'd opened earlier. Didn't help matters that blood was already everywhere around us and immediately as he dropped and did the standard "mouthpiece goes flying" theatrics, his eyes stayed open and his jaw was ajar. I swear, it looked like I killed him or something, it was insane.

Most of my matches end via headkick, actually... seems to be my thing right now.

• Admin

I've come back to this after finishing Batman - hoping to get a few more trophies out of it. Am going for the "Get All The Trophies In One Career" one, and had everything except a Fight Of The Night (and the HOF that hopefully I'll get at the end of the career). Then, my Ken Shamrock went against Rashad Evans, and after one round of straight up punching in the middle of the Octagon, I blasted him with a Superman, knocked him out and got my Fight Of The Night!

Though I fear I won't be getting any more online trophies - I keep getting level 85+ monsters who kill me.