UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

I'm sure we have a topic for this laying around somewhere, and a mod can most certainly merge this with that one, but I couldn't find it, as its quite hard to run a forum search for UFC.

Anywho, here we can talk about the game alot of people are anticipating this year, UFC 2009: Undisputed.

If the cover is any indication of what THQ has in store for us, prepare to be disappointed.

UFCDONE_1236970591.jpg

Hopefully its not the final version. Also, Canada gets GSP on the cover, and I'm suprised they aren't putting Bisping on the European cover.

Luckily the game play videos all look wonderful and hopefully the cover is so bad because all the budget went into making the game great. <_<

Wikipedia says the following fighters are in the game:

Heavyweight

Brock Lesnar

Frank Mir

Randy Couture

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

Cheick Kongo

Gabriel Gonzaga

Brandon Vera

Light Heavyweight

Quinton Jackson

Rashad Evans

Forrest Griffin

Chuck Liddell

Wanderlei Silva

Rich Franklin

Dan Henderson

Keith Jardine

Tito Ortiz (doubt it)

Mauricio Rua

Ryan Bader

Middleweight

Anderson Silva

Nate Marquardt

Michael Bisping

Kendall Grove

Welterweight

Georges St-Pierre

Josh Koscheck

Marcus Davis

Matt Hughes

Thiago Alves

Karo Parisyan

Lightweight

B.J. Penn

Kenny Florian

Joe Stevenson

Diego Sanchez

Clay Guida

Roger Huerta

Efrain Escudero

So take it with a grain of salt and discuss!

I hope that in the career mode of this game, you fight created fighters (much like you play created tennis players in Top Spin) as you move your way up the ranks. You would think something like that would be implemented, given the lack of heavyweights in the game.

I probably won't get this on release, but will if reviews are generally positive.

I hope that in the career mode of this game, you fight created fighters (much like you play created tennis players in Top Spin) as you move your way up the ranks. You would think something like that would be implemented, given the lack of heavyweights in the game.

I probably won't get this on release, but will if reviews are generally positive.

The roster list provided above is who has been officially announced. There are supposed to be more than 80 fighters for release.

Even as someone with only a passing interest in UFC, I'm really looking forward to this. The gameplay videos have looked good, after reading some articles at IGN, it appears some thought actually seems to have been put into it rather than simply churning out a UFC game, and the confirmed roster is sexy as fuck.

I've always enjoyed the MMA games, UFC Throwdown was a bit wank, but Pride FC on the PS2 was awesome, me and my housemates would draw up tourneys and stuff, it was so much fun, I don't know why it got such negative reviews. But I'm definitely looking forward to this, the videos and previews all seem promising.

Looking forward to this one, hopefully the career mode is something decent this time round, like Fight Night but better. Also the Tito Ortiz situation needs sorting really, they should just release a slightly updated roster and either remove him or leave him on. From gameplay vids the game does look to play in a simular way to Fight Night aswell. Very promising since there hasn't been a decent UFC game since the PRIDE FC game on the ps2. as said by Dragsy that game was legendary, I and friends have spent many and hour in the past playing tourneys and whatnot on that game. plus it had the added playability of having a large CAF facility so you could create tons of fighters.

KEY:

LH: Fighter can switch to Light Heavyweight

MW: Fighter can switch to Middleweight

WW: Fighter can switch to Welterweight

LW: Fighter can switch to Lightweight

Heavyweights

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

Brock Lesnar

Frank Mir

Brandon Vera (LH)

Gabriel Gonzaga

Cain Velasquez

Cheick Kongo

Eddie Sanchez

Heath Herring

Andrei Arlovski

Mirko Crocop

Fabricio Werdum

Tim Sylvia

Mark Coleman

Antoni Hardonk

Justin McCully

Light Heavyweights

Chuck Liddell

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson

Forrest Griffin

Tito Ortiz

Keith Jardine

Wanderlei Silva

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

Lyoto Machida

Rashad Evans

Stephan Bonnar

James Irvin

Wilson Gouveia (MW)

Houston Alexander

Kazuhiro Nakamura

Thiago Silva

Tim Boetsch

Ryan Bader (DLC)

Middleweights

Anderson Silva (LH)

Rich Franklin (LH)

Dan Henderson (LH)

Michael Bisping (LH)

Kendall Grove

Chris Leben

Jason MacDonald

Nate Marquardt

Drew McFedries

Ricardo Almeida

Evan Tanner

Yushin Okami

Demian Maia

Martin Kampmann (WW)

Amir Sadollah (WW)

Thales Leites

Welterweights

Georges St-Pierre

Matt Hughes

Matt Serra (LW)

Jon Fitch

Karo Parisyan

Josh Koscheck

Diego Sanchez

Mike Swick (MW)

Marcus Davis

Thiago Alves

Chris Lytle

Ben Saunders

Josh Burkman

Kyle Bradley

Matt Arroyo

Anthony Johnson

Lightweights

BJ Penn (WW)

Sean Sherk (WW)

Kenny Florian

Roger Huerta

Joe Stevenson

Mac Danzig

Nathan Diaz

Spencer Fisher

Tyson Griffin

Gray Maynard

Thiago Tavares

Joe Lauzon

Rich Clementi

Mark Bocek

Hermes Franca

Frank Edgar

Efrain Escudero (DLC)

http://www.gamespot.com/sports/blogs/sport...-interview.html

I'm guessing Couture will be a unlockable legend. Awesome to see Evan Tanner in there. Noticeable absences just glancing at it include Clay Guida and Shane Carwin. The fact that Escudero and Bader will be DLC makes me think we might get additional fighters added later on down the line. I'm excited as hell!

I'm not gonna lie. I am really surprised that Matt Hamill isn't on that list, especially considering he is a pretty decent fighter and even has a win over Tim Boestch who has done nothing noteworthy at all, ever.