UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

God damn Rua's ground and pound. Thats like 5 losses to hammerfist KOs, but I never get sick of the animation. Chuck's eyes rolling back, jaw just dropping and Rua ruthlessly pounding away.

EDIT: Starting to get sick of the animation. Make it like 10 losses.\

EDIT: I've started considering him mounting me my demise every time. HOW THE FUCK DO I STAND IT UP!

EDIT: Learning, slowly. Managed to make it to the 2nd round countering some stuff on the ground before being submitted halfway through the 2nd. Damn Rua.

Just make sure as soon as he's in the mount, you're guarding your face. Then wait for the right moment and press the RS in so that you reverse it into a submission, which eventually gets you out of that position. It's really all about timing though as well as patience, because if he clocks you once with the big right, you're usually fucked, so you need to full on hold defence to your face until you can get the reversal in or manage to grab him and pull him down.

This was being played for a long time, with my brother, my friend and I switching off and playing against each other. I would almost pay full price just for this demo. It is great. The controls are complex, but even someone who doesn't know what they are doing can learn some moves quickly and compete.

Also, go through the tutorial and you will learn how to get up from the bottom. The only move I have had problems with is slamming my opponent, but I figured it out in the last game I played against my brother, giving Rua a beautiful Hughes-esque slam leading into ground and pound.

When I started, all of my wins and losses were to counter strike KOs. Now, I am a little less agressive and win more with TKOs. Both Rua and Chuck have deadly moves. I knocked out Chuck five seconds into a fight with a flying knee.

I hate losing when Rua has me mounted and I'm defending his attacks but the ref stops the fight anyways, fucking ref

One thing that got me mad was half the time when you get in that fetal position like situation where you've basically lost the fight, you can cover up and sometimes stay in the fight. Other times you'll do the same thing and none of the punches will get through from your opponent and the fight will stop.

On another note, what difficulty is everyone finding best for them? I think i'm going to go through career mode on advanced and play exhibition mode on expert. Just so I don't lose a ton of career mode fights. Pretty much everyone I've talked to about the game is going to expert. You certainly go through a hell of a fight on it though sometimes it's a little too hard. The CPU tends to get some pretty incredible knockouts and lucky moves on it.

Had a great time being all slow and methodical, dissecting Liddel for 3 rounds. I pretty much only focused on the left side of his body, first taking him into side control and using knees and powerful knee strikes, then when standing I alternated kicks, focusing mostly on ones to his left side. Midway through the second round his entire left side was a giant purple welt and he'd get dazed from a kick to it. But I waited it out, tauntig like an asshole. Then the third round came around, and I took him into side control again and peppered him with knee strikes to his left side untill I got the TKO.

This is pretty much going to be my favourite game ever. Rematch after rematch I was having so much fun. My only gripes are minor ones, like the mouth guard thing and the crappy referee/fighter interactions.

My favourite bit was probably just toying with Chuck, rocking him like four times in one round and then just standing over the top of him before I finally decided to end it. I managed to sock him six or seven times after he was knocked out on his back.. lousy referee.

Can't wait for the full game.

EDIT: finally got a ref stoppage.. Rua was being a douche just lying on his back after a grapple.. so I figured I'd just throw at him. One of them rocked him and he went on his side, so Chuck just let fly. Awesome.

real edit: seems I hit 'add reply' instead of edit.. fuck.

Edited by Evil Empire

I just Knocked out Liddell with one of Rua's high-kicks of doom. I found it near impossible to take Liddell down, in contrast to fairly easily taking Rua down, so I'm liking how much the stats play a part in how the fight develops and what tactics you need to take into the fight. I see what people mean about the connection of some shots, the kick I won with didn't actually look like it even hit him, but I'm not complaining.