UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

UFC 2009 Undisputed Demo Keys

We've noticed a lot of discussion and excitement surrounding download keys for next week's UFC 2009 Undisputed demo, and want to clear up a few points:

The official release date for the UFC 2009 Undisputed demo is still April 23rd, for both Xbox Live and PLAYSTATION Network. Today, some GameStop locations received small numbers of Demo download keys. These keys were intended for GameStop store managers to check out the demo once it goes live. However, the demo is not currently live on Xbox Live, and so these keys are not functional.

We apologize for any confusion resulting from the distribution of these keys, and are looking into the situation.

-The Undisputed Team

And then:

Demo Keys are Functional

The issue regarding invalid codes has been resolved. The demo keys were not properly loaded to Xbox Live, but are activated now. To those who have the codes, we urge you to download and play the demo; that is, if you haven't already.

We hope you enjoy this little slice of Undisputed! Please let us know what you think. Don't forget to watch Chuck Liddell and Mauricio Rua go at it in real life tomorrow during UFC 97.

Stupid Xbox'rs.

I didn't plan on it but I ended up playing the demo for damn near four hours last night. I've never played a demo that much. The game is just plain fun as hell. Certainly download it on Thursday when it comes out to the general public. It's got a learning curve no doubt about it and the harder difficulties are incredibly challenging. I haven't gone up to the hardest one yet but on the second to hardest I maybe won one fight for every ten I had.

Okay, just played it for nearly an hour. I was hoping this would be good and to be quite frank, it damn well is. It's nearing on great in my opinion, but there's a few little things that niggle me a little, but this is just the demo, so fair play. The main thing I dislike is that when you catch someone with a knockout punch, you cant continue your beatdown like they do in real life. So if I knock someone on their ass (with a knock out punch) I cant dive on them and punch away to make sure he's out or when I score a knock out punch and the opponent stands there for a few seconds and I cant continue the assault or throw anything, which as you see in real life, it happens, even if the opponent is knocked out at times. I guess it's just a small thing, but I don't really get why they've done that.

Anyway, the graphics are VERY nice and the entire production seems great, lovely introductions, tale of the tape, nice build up to the fight, it's all there and very nice. I cant really fault the gameplay either, it's very good if you ask me. Nice combos, great takedowns/defence. Possibly can take more of a battering than you should be able to at times, but I'm personally fine with that.

Played three straight fights as Liddell and won them all with some sick knockouts, the superman punch is fantastic and has Liddell down to a tea. Then tried out Shogun and loved it...but lost all three fights I played as him. Really I was experimenting the take down stuff and submissions...but GOOD GOD THE KNOCKOUTS ARE SICKENING. This is only the demo and so far the knockouts have made me majorly excited for this. I got knocked out by Liddell three times in a row. The first was the superman punch and then in the second fight Liddell almost took my head off in the second round with a kick to the head and at that point I thought it couldn't get any sicker really. Until fight three that was. Round two and there's literally seven seconds left, I've controlled the fight with Shogun and look for the takedown to see the round out...and as I go in for it and go low to the ground...Liddell fucking fires a knee straight at my head and actually must of killed me. Shogun just collapsed backwards and it's got to be the sickest knockout I've seen in gaming history. Fantastic and it actually felt so real with the way it came from nowhere as the clock was ticking down to two seconds, I was left laying close to death, wow.

The submission system seems really hard though, although I think I'll need to be reading more of a guide on the controls, because whenever I get someone in a submission, they manage to get straight out of it or I realese it, as I simply don't know what I'm supposed to do once I've got them in a hold (And I've read the controls in the start menu, isn't very clear through that). So I'm guessing that'll be a challenge for me, hopefully I can slowly learn that part of the game.

Overall though, love it after a few fights. I think I'll certainly be buying this, because I'm enjoying it with just two fighters on the demo, so I'm sure I'll love it with the full game. Huge thumbs up from me.

Okay, just played it for nearly an hour. I was hoping this would be good and to be quite frank, it damn well is. It's nearing on great in my opinion, but there's a few little things that niggle me a little, but this is just the demo, so fair play. The main thing I dislike is that when you catch someone with a knockout punch, you cant continue your beatdown like they do in real life. So if I knock someone on their ass (with a knock out punch) I cant dive on them and punch away to make sure he's out or when I score a knock out punch and the opponent stands there for a few seconds and I cant continue the assault or throw anything, which as you see in real life, it happens, even if the opponent is knocked out at times. I guess it's just a small thing, but I don't really get why they've done that.

TKO's are in the game, I won with one. You get the "knockout" animation, but the fight doesn't end, your then free to go over and pound the fuck out of your opponent.

I went into the tutorials, and was quickly over-whelmed with the different options and button combinations, so I came put and played as Rua vs. Liddell. I lost by knockout in 1:37 of round one, replayed, and won with a TKO at 0:33 of round two. I managed a takedown in the replay, but I had no clue how I did it, and no idea what to do after, so bar that it was a slugfest.

It seems fun, but I either need time to learn how to do everything, or more play in general to develop an appreciation for it.

:( No demo for me. So I got the Red Faction: Guerilla demo instead. Son of a Cabinet Maker, is that an awesome mix of totally uncontrolled, undistilled action mixed into a pile of random destruction and total chaotic environment. But damn, it was fun.

I hated it, the first Red Faction was brilliance, the sequel and this seem like totally different, and worse games. I'll play it a little more though before I totally condemn it and root the original out from where ever the hell I've stored it.